SC Tag-o-rama!

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by PU Skunk, Jan 23, 2009.

1. PU Skunk

PU Skunk not quite as noobish

Oddometer:
    Since I enjoy riding to get tags, but my state didn't offer one I present to you, SC TAG-O-RAMA rama rama (reverb effect). To start us off, I'll post the rules as Ridge Runner used in the NC tag, since they seem to work so well and are less subject to rules lawyering.

Alright here we go. Lets get this thing started and hopefully we start off alot smoother than some of the others. The game is simple, the rules are easy, the goal is to get people out riding. With the goal in mind, please dont make the clues so hard that we have to surf longer on the net than we have to ride to get the tag. So here are the rules :deal .

#1 FILE PHOTOS CAN ONLY BE USED TO PLACE A TAG NOT TO GET THE TAG.
    #2 THE PHOTOS OF THE TAG SHALL BE AS CLOSE AS THE PREVIOUS TAG PHOTOS AS POSSIBLE. That means that the tagger needs to make sure that his photo can be shot be anyone on any bike. The taggers bike needs to be in the photo. So I think that if a road is goverment maintained and legal to ride than it is fair game. Gravel or not. Also tell us where the tag was.
    #3 NO WHINING ABOUT IT BEING TOO FAR. If you think it is too far go get it and bring it back to your part of the state. Trust me someone will.
    #4 TAG MUST BE FINDABLE. If a tag is standing too long you will be asked to post a clue or a new tag. New tag must be posted no later than 24 hrs of the posting of your tag. You will forfeit your tag to the previous tagger. Lets keep the game moving.
    #5 HE WHO POSTS FIRST WINS. It dont matter if you got to it first, He who post first wins the tag. Laptops with cell modems and smart phones really help here.
    #6 A WORKING LINK TO A PICTURE IS ACCEPTABLE FOR SHORT PERIODS. It's sometimes hard to code HTML on the side of the road, if you post up a link to a working picture, then it counts. Next time you're at a real computer, please edit it so that the picture shows up in the thread.
    OK I believe that that is it. So lets have fun and ride safe. All rules are subject to change if the larger part of the inmates think that it should change. Lets go play TAG!!
  2. PU Skunk

Oddometer:
    I was going to get the tag in NC, and keeping in mind about starting this thread I snapped this tag:
    [​IMG]
    Clues:
    This might or might not be on a state highway, depending on the map.
    The parking lot used to be a restaurant, now it's a church.
  3. Fireman1000

Fireman1000 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Be careful what you start. This game can become addicting. :D
  4. knybanjo

knybanjo kinda slow

Oddometer:
    Oh, you are trying to get me to ride back across Polk county again I see.

Since you've stepped up and taken charge I think everyone should know who they're dealing with before they get involved. :lol3
    [​IMG]

Thanks for stepping up! :clap This will be fun!
  5. knybanjo

knybanjo kinda slow

Oddometer:
    :dealI think this google jockey has got it!
    [​IMG]

:ddog OK, who's gonna try to "bruce" me on this one?
  6. PU Skunk

Oddometer:
    Nay sir, not in charge, I just got tired of having an hour lead time to get into another state to get a tag. No one else was stepping up, and it seems like a good idea, especially with all the NC and GA people close to the border that can play too. I mean even Georgia supports two tags. They end up boiling down to the Augusta/Savannah area and the Atlanta suburb people of course:rofl.
  7. NCStephen

NCStephen Riding NC

Oddometer:
    Oh I see this bring out the google best in you Banjo. I know you have a reputation to uphold in NC and one to make in SC.
  8. knybanjo

knybanjo kinda slow

Oddometer:
    :(:
    Well, I don't think that I'll be chasing it today....So have it y'all!! :wave

(finding it on google is always a victory for me though):lol3
  9. driller

driller Twist and Go

Oddometer:
    With this nearly in my backyard, I couldn't pass a chance at it!

[​IMG]
    By driller2

That used to be a pretty good restaurant.:cry Guess they are serving food for the soul, now.

I may live in a North Carolina Zip Code, but one could literally pitch a rock into Greenville County from my house.:D

So, the possibilities of tags in the upstate and along the "Blue Wall" are endless.
    Might as well enjoy it before a "sandlapper" from the Low Country nabs it and hides it in some swamp or rice field.:lol3
  10. driller

driller Twist and Go

Oddometer:
    Whew! No Bruce this time!:rayof
    Moving right along.

Here, you can have a cup of tea and enjoy the view while reflecting on the words of a famous poet............

[​IMG]

Even if you don't get this tag, the ride around this body of water will have you saying to yourself...."don't need no stinkin Dragon" :drif
  11. mel brooks

mel brooks Dirt Chick

Oddometer:
    MDrake and I were headed to pull the old North Carolina snatch a roo when we were foiled by tire gremlins :cry.... a nail in my rear tire.

I just KNEW Driller would Bruce us anyway .... :lol3

[​IMG]
  12. driller

driller Twist and Go

Oddometer:
    Sorry about the tire.
    I had just finished some work on my boat project when I saw the tag hanging out there. Couldn't resist!
    Drop on in if you are ever in the neighborhood.
    Cold ones sitting in the fridge.:beer
  13. PU Skunk

Oddometer:
    Hmm, I might know where that is....
  14. driller

driller Twist and Go

Oddometer:
    We wouldn't want it to get stale, would we?:norton
  15. Justin

Justin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Lake Lanier, SC.

That was a cool little place! :deal

[​IMG]

:1drink
  16. Justin

Justin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Go get it...! :ear

[​IMG]
  17. driller

driller Twist and Go

Oddometer:
    Wow!
    Not bad action in the middle of winter. :clap
    Yes, Lake Lanier, SC. A little smaller than the same named lake further South in Georgia, but a beautiful spot nonetheless.
    The Tea House Restaurant serves some fine food. Pricey, but scrumptious.

Ride on!:ricky
  18. Justin

Justin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks Driller. I continued down that road till it appeared to dead end at someone's property... single lane craziness, a motard would be great in there - oh wait, except for all the blind driveways!

How many tea-drinkers were staring at you through the window as you stood in the middle of the road to take a picture?! :rofl
  19. driller

driller Twist and Go

Oddometer:
    The joint was closed when I was there. I bet PU Skunk would just give them the double salute and ride on.
    I will have to show you the complete loop around the lake some time..makes you dizzy!
  20. PU Skunk

Oddometer:
    Ha, that new tag is a stone's throw from my house. Would have gone after the Tea House one, too, but I had a big work meeting today. We photographers work strange hours. Glad people are getting into this!