Anyone bought from KTM Cycle Hutt?

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by Max49, Dec 3, 2010.

1. Max49

Max49 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I made 2 orders through them on the same day, about 5 products totaling over $300 for Christmas gifts. A week later they sent an email that said "the 'item' will ship in 4 or 5 days. Then a couple of days later, another email said, "the item (they don't name the item) is on back order until 12-24-10. They asked if I still wanted "the item".
    I replied and asked them what item was on back order and why did they charge my credit. card for both orders if they didn't know if I still wanted it. I also asked them when the other items would be shipped. That was 2 days ago and they still haven't replied. I can see they are no Rocky Mtn MC, but are they a good company? Has anyone ordered from them before and were you happy to deal with them?
    I was real glad to find them; but so far I'm a little disappointed.

Thanks in advance.
  2. adrenalin-junkie

adrenalin-junkie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I live in Greenviile ,SC . I could not get front brakepads for my 950 Adventure from my local (47 miles away ) agent for another 3 days . I contacted KTM Cycle Hutt and had my parts within 2 days . I paid a little extra for shipping , BUT Iordered quite a few other goodies like tankbag , crashbars etc .

I've dealt quite a bit with them , and highly recommend them .
  3. sstewart

sstewart Long timer

Oddometer:
    I had the same problem with them,charged my card and sent it to me when it came in. Guess who I don't buy from anymore?
  4. gregneedham

gregneedham I seem to fall often

Oddometer:
    Same problem. Email notice after two days that my items would ship in 4-5 days. 12 days later I contacted them and was told it would be mid-December.

Cancelled my order.
  5. Denalidirt

Denalidirt High Plains Drifter Supporter

Oddometer:
    They can get the parts but it may take a bit. I've used them and have had good luck, but then again it's winter in ak and i didn't need the things yesterday. The unfortunate thing with them is that when you order stuff they dont tell you if its on backorder or not. Try ktm world better prices and most items are in stock.
  6. pshakily

pshakily Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have ordered in the past with success, but always found the quote at the bottom of their website a bit inappropriate.
  7. Subutai

Subutai Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    A load off my mind as for many times I have browsed their inventory and cursed the fact that they are overseas as orders from the US are subject to taxes and tolls, for a couple of times nearly ordered regardless. That is dubious practice charging the card for items they do not have or might not get. Practically you are lending them money to run their business, if this is really the case.
  8. catalina38

catalina38 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Give Munnracing.com a shot, Great prices, seem to always ship quickly. You can always call to confirm that they have the parts in stock or to check if KTM has them at their warehouse.
  9. markwoodlief

markwoodlief Long timer

Oddometer:
    i've had great luck with them actually.. I've ordered tons of stuff from them in the past... Last year I ordered a rear fender for a 08 450 excr, they sent me the wrong fender, i called them and they overnighted a new fender to me no charge.
  10. jvegas

jvegas Keep Young

Oddometer:
    I've ordered several parts from some with delay. Service and follow up has always been good and I continue to shop with them.
  11. sonoran

sonoran Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've been ordering from them for years and have never had an issue. I find if you call them they are usually very helpful in fixing whatever problem you may have.
  12. Mr.Goose

Mr.Goose Velvet Steamroller

Oddometer:
    I've bought a few things from them and it always been a positive experience. They've called if somethings out of stock, prices are good, friendly, etc.

Sometimes I get a gumball along with my order.

Overall, they might just be overloaded with the holiday orders.
  13. HWSNBN

HWSNBN Banned

Oddometer:
    Playing a d00d, disguised as another d00d
    +1 and join KTMTalk.com for an instant discount If your a supporting member I think up to a flat $20% off is possible:deal
  14. HickOnACrick

HickOnACrick Groovinator

Oddometer:
    I only order through them when all else fails. Huge shipping costs...sometimes they want to charge $10 to ship a $30 item that would fit in an envelope. I placed an order with them weeks ago and still don't have it.

Rocky Mountain ATV, please start selling orange stuff!
  15. forrestrider

forrestrider Dont Do Stupid Shit..

Oddometer:
    Check out www.ktmworld.com .I NEVER have any problems with them, and there $$$ is ALL WAYS LOWER.
  16. CHRIS_D

CHRIS_D Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great people there and usually have most items in stock, My only problem is that they have to charge me sales tax because we're both located in Georgia.
  17. BobbyC

BobbyC n00b

Oddometer:
    A few years ago when I got KTM's, I've tried all the major KTM online shops and always had some problem with all of them except www.ktm-parts.com so I use them the most. I've tried KTMworld.com and they were quick and decent.

Can't say the same for Cycle hutt or munn's racing but this was from 3+ yrs ago. Both charged my card before shipping and if a part was backordered, they wouldn't tell me and then ship it when it was in stock, charging me for shipping for the backordered item w/o telling me, even when the part was a washer ($.50 part, $12 shipping). Happened more than a couple of times so I never used them again.

YMMV.
  18. Marc LaDue

Marc LaDue Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've dealt with them before and have found any problems to be a result of KTM's snaffu, not their's,
    LaDue
  19. BobbyC

BobbyC n00b

Oddometer:
    All dealer will have problems with hard to get parts. That wasn't the issue with the 2 I mentioned. KTM-parts.com doesn't charge me for shipping twice when a part is backordered for more than a few days. They'll ship out what comes in (usually a day or two) and then email me when the backordered part is available and ask if I still want it. They only charge what gets shipped and won't charge shipping again for the backordered part, just the part cost. This has happened with the other 2 dealers without even asking AND charge for shipping. I'm not sure what KTMWorld.com would do as I've only used them once recently and didn't have this issue.
  20. Eldon

Eldon 90% Bike 10% Rider

Oddometer:
    Yeah the wife just informed me about the same problem with Cycle hutt and had to cancel her order with them for my birthday present. Oh well. I've used them years ago without a problem but sound like they've been dropping the ball lately.