2013 ama supercross

Discussion in 'Racing' started by ADK, Sep 12, 2012.

1. nachtflug

nachtflug I'm not going to talk about that.

Oddometer:
    they never did another replay I was waiting camera in hand but the first replay looked like Canard was really whipping it and may have crossed into Barcia's airspace. I'm a big fan of Canard but it seemed like a racing incident. having said that you would think same team riders would give each other a little more room than Barcia gave Canard.
  2. Foot dragger

Foot dragger singletracker

Oddometer:
    If their integrity is so high cant they beat some lowly 250 racers?

You've got lots of goofy opinions,duly noted. The AMA may be calling you at home for advice.:rofl
  3. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    I know you're intoxicated but it is the integrity of the promotion of the series it has nothing to do with the riders. maybe you should lay down for awhile and sleep it off.
  4. pbarmy

pbarmy Long timer

Oddometer:
    There are only so many rides available in the 450 class,otherwise half the 250 field would be in the running for pos. 5-20 in the 450's.Its not that the 250 riders cant compete.One of our local kids qualified for some 450 nationals a few years back on a relatively stock bike.250s are expensive to build/maintain.
  5. barnyard

barnyard Verbal tactician Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    I don't have a problem with it.

Every August, promising new talent from Loretta Lynn's signs a pro contract and starts riding the outdoors. Should that be banned??? What about guys that ride just enough to keep their 2 digit pro number?

If someone qualifies, let them race. If it spoils it for another rider, tough, should have ridden faster.
  6. SigPig

SigPig Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We still on about this?
  7. enduro0125

enduro0125 Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer:
    No.

Hope Deano and Canard are both OK.

The way Canard laid there,I thought he bent some of the hardware he has in his leg.

Good to see him walk away.

The racing was better than I thought it would be with the track design.
    You just saw a preview of the outdoor season with the two Ryan's.

Both race leaders crashing out when it looked like they would win,especially Wharton.
  8. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    good point but no that shouldn't be banned and in my opinion here is why. outdoor is more of a celebration of the sport, and kind of like golf, not for everybody every weekend for a variety of reasons. SX on the other hand, starts with the new year, and is heavily promoted as a showcase series, (which it is). with a premier class and a for lack of a better term, beginner class (which it isn't).

To allow riders from the non premier class to effect the outcome of the premier class serve no purpose. it makes no sense given the heavy promotion of the series with claims and implications of immortal greatness and ultimate achievement (which it is) for the winner of the 450 class. they ride all 16 races, the others don't. which is fine but allowing interlopers can only have a negative effect on the series it cannot have a positive. If James Stewart is out of the points race soon for the 450's and opted to run the 250's for the last 3 races (if it was allowed) it wouldn't be right. There would be an outcry and there should be. It would impact the integrity of the 250 west points race.

Outdoors is a little trickier for lot's of reasons and I don't see it being quite as big of an issue as SX but I'd have no problem with a pick a class and stay in it approach. Allowing new pro's to join up in August who you other wise wouldn't see outweighs not letting them ride.
  9. enduro0125

enduro0125 Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer:
    Or maybe we are.

:dhorse
  10. GotMojo?

GotMojo? Long timer

Oddometer:
    Looks like the old James Stewart showed up in Indy. Faster than everybody else, but then crashes halfway through the race. I was starting to think he'd solved his crashing problems, but then he stalls it in the slowest corner on the track and gets passed by a bunch of riders.

I bet that guy is :kboom after a lot of the races.
  11. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  12. SigPig

SigPig Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    He's Dead Jim
  13. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    stalling a 450 in a hair pin turn isn't a crash.

[​IMG]
  14. SigPig

SigPig Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Had James Stewart been on the Dungey Edition KTM with E-Start he wouldn't have lost his position after stalling out. Jussayin.
  15. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    We still on about this?
  16. SigPig

SigPig Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Has this been mentioned before?
  17. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  18. Foot dragger

Oddometer:
    I will take a nap later.

"The integrity of the promotion of the series" So its not about racers racing,its about promoting the series,needs to be more like Nascar?

That sounds boring,the more wild card entries the more interest,hence promoting the series and the racing.
    Faster guys will run towards the front while slower guys will be behind them,its almost like a speed contest.the points will fall where they may.

I just hope Dungey can step it up and force Ryan V into a mistake,it gets old watching Villapoto win all the time.
  19. SigPig

SigPig Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You Sir, are a strange cat.
  20. Foot dragger

Oddometer:
    There's this new technique,a lotta guys will keep a finger on the clutch so as to not stall.
    James admitted it was a complete squid move.