Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2014, 08:52 PM   #136
hardwaregrrl OP
ignore list

Oddometer: 7,235
Holy shit.....totally misplaced my brain. Prepping for deer season and my growing family has totally knocked me off base. So sorry.....I will finish up my bit over the next few days. It feels like a dream now, and it was only a few months ago. Weird how you just get swallowed back up into the mundane......bummer.

We left off drying out our skivvies....

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

That spruce tree has probably fallen over by now...

The morning was gorgeous.

I finally got to see a honest to god alpine lake.

We headed towards Cottonwood Pass....

And up and over Cumberland pass.....

Miraculously....my exhaust stayed put.

Mike was totally stoked.!

Looking back on the morning.....

Amazed my shoes haven't left me...

Not a whole lot happened today, just incredible scenery and storied towns like Taylor Park and Pitkin....

Enjoying the air...

Michigander by birth...

We got some weather....

Some fucking awesome weather!!!

"takin' a break"

We happened by this place...

And I spied with my little eyes....

1965 International C900.....I had a '64. I miss that truck badly... I couldn't lay hands on it, but got as close as I dared.

Proof......

For some reason, I couldn't stop snapping pics on this day. Forgive me....

We headed into Lake City around quitting time.... I got a weirdo slice of pie that took 30 mins to prep/cook and we both got cappuccinos. It's weird what you'll stuff in your pie hole when you're really hungry, tired, and no where near anyone who knows you.! You just don't give a shit....I saw Mike eat multiple Ding Dongs on this trip which is very uncharacteristic of him. Stopped into the little grocery store for some trail mix and water, the sky looked pretty angry....the ladies working in the shop asked where we were headed as they looked at the sky. "Dunno....somewhere we can sleep on the ground...." We had passed a state park just outside of town with a campground....we decided that is was the safest bet, since we knew it existed. I found a couple of bucks on the ground outside and took it in to them along with one of the gallons of water, unopened. They seemed stunned, but karma is a bitch, so I don't screw around.

We made it to the campground.....

Only to find that I wasn't allowed in.

No, I'm fucking serious....

Nah...just joshin'.....can't remember exactly. I didn't take a pic of the sign but the campground was closed due to beetle killed trees. They did not look well in an around the campsites. It was Slumgullion Pass campground.

We picked the safest looking spot we could, i.e. most of the trees pilot lines were taking the trees away from the site if they were to fall. We had a pit toilet down the road that was in service for passerbys. This was the second time in my life I'd ever camped at a closed state/national park campground. See...karma.

I'm sorry,...what?

We had a great night....nice bright full moon.

A car pulled into the toilet area. And the guy in the car stayed put for almost a half hour....we made up stories about what he was doing. I really thought he was having an affair and was waiting for his girlfriend, or that he was a spy waiting to get some intel.....dunno. But after a while, someone else pulled up, they had a chat and left together....Who knows???

I love my BA.

I love Colorado....

hardwaregrrl screwed with this post 10-01-2014 at 07:06 AM
hardwaregrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 09:29 PM   #137
Comrade Art
Working stiff

Oddometer: 518
Thoroughly enjoying your pics. Keep posting

"All human beings by nature desire to know" - Aristotle
Comrade Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 10:01 PM   #138
hardwaregrrl OP
ignore list

Oddometer: 7,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by GREWUPIN_D11 View Post
Awesome trip, and an awesome report on the awesome trip. I admire the can-do, flexible attitude that's obvious throughout.

Jenna, we've ridden together before, SandBlast 2013. Was 2 places behind you in the start order on my F800GS. At SandBlast 2014, had an experience on stage 4 very similar to your 2013 event. No lasting damage - enjoyed Magnum Opus this past June, heading up to Black River Stages in two weeks.

Burst out laughing at Mike's reference to his 4Runner as 'raingear'. I've occassionally referred to my van as a '3500 lb umbrella'. Perhaps a more common motorcycle commuter point of view than many realize.

Look forward to tales and pictures from the further adventures . . .
Hey hey!!! Did I even get the chance to talk to you before I ate shit on SS2??? I notice your dream ride is the COBDR......do it!. It was a great ride!!!
hardwaregrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 10:33 PM   #139
Trane Francks
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 623
Awwww, man! Those pics really make me want to visit CO again. You can make your posts as pic-heavy as you like. I'll never complain.