WTB Tool Tray for R80G/S URGENT

Discussion in 'Airheads' started by XTrovert, Nov 25, 2009.

1. XTrovert

XTrovert former chick magnet

Oddometer:
    Sorry for posting here but I need to get some eyeballs into this, with possible a solution.

Need the tool tray for the R80G/S 1981 etc part Nr 52531242233 picture attached.

I will be in the US, Miami FL, for just 4 days from Dec 4th to Dec 7th inclusive.

Need to buy it now.
    I do not want advise I want this tray or first hand reliable info where to get it.

I have combed the internet extensively. Most BMW pages are plain bullshit, they have all the parts listed. When you order the answer is either no stock or 200% more expensive than advertised. I wonder why they do this.

In the case of the tool tray the answer I am getting is no stock.

I have ordered with chigago BMW, timewasters. Will try today with A&S BMW motorcycle.

If you have one for sale please PM me. If you know where to find one please PM.

You may not like to have this part on board, I do and I need it.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. AntonLargiader

AntonLargiader Long timer

Oddometer:
    Used or NOS is going to be your only bet. There is no stock in the US or Germany, so the dealers won't be able to get you one.
  3. jtwind

jtwind Wisconsin Airhead

Oddometer:
    The only place I've seen these with any sort of regularity is used at Siebenrock's website.

As for them being listed on dealers parts fiches, everyone I've seen has a NA in the listing. That means not available. It's been that way for awhile.
  4. batoutoflahonda

batoutoflahonda Long timer

Oddometer:
  5. jtwind

jtwind Wisconsin Airhead

Oddometer:
  6. batoutoflahonda

Oddometer:
    Good to know.
  7. AntonLargiader

AntonLargiader Long timer

Oddometer:
  8. batoutoflahonda

Oddometer:
    Why no I didn't. I happened to have been looking through e-bay and remember seeing it. If dude can use it fine, if not, so be it. Just a suggestion man.
  9. XTrovert

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the positive, informed answers.

The box pictured is correct.

The one on ebay isn't.

Many vendor pages do not say N/A. They happily take all your credit card and personal details and send you an email confirming your oder, then 24/48hs later comes a message saying no stock.

There is no stock in the US.

There is no stock in Germany.

Siebenrock doesn't have a used one.

I have combed ebay internationally for over a month and bought many other parts. No tool tray found.

Will follow Re-Psycle lead and will contact Emerson motorworks right away just for if they have something.

I was approached by someone who said he has some but he is preparing the lube asking me what I think is the "correct market price". I hope I am wrong.

Still no box.

Attached Files:

10. Two Wheel Moto

Two Wheel Moto Dodgin' cages

Oddometer:
    If you find a source I need one too. Also need correct tool kit and owners manual.
  11. Andy_unaventurous

Andy_unaventurous Lost but not fearful

Oddometer:
    Hi, I need one as well. Maybe we could comission a run , but unlikely probably
    Andy
  12. jtwind

jtwind Wisconsin Airhead

Oddometer:
    Sorry you didn't get the answer you wanted, obviously they are a hard to find item. Siebenrock did have them, I got two for customers earlier this year, I paid $24.00 each. My guess is that if someone had a used one, you could expect to pay $50 to $100 for them. You probably won't like this answer either, but your time may be better spent fabricating your own tool box to fit into that space, whether along the lines of the original or something entirely different. Good luck and have fun on your trip. bon voyage
  13. XTrovert

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the sensible information JT and well wishes.

So there are people out there for a bit of a gouging, lol.

I have found a similar case, but....

It is different at the bottom. It is for the steet monolever, don't remeber now the denomination, RT or something like that.

In the parts catalogue it looks the same as the G/S and has the same part numbers.

But it is different no doubt.

Would anyone have solid experience that this will work? Guessing is not good. I am looking for someone who knows this will fit or this won't fit, without speculation.

Thanks for any help in relation to this.

Cheers

Attached Files:

14. XTrovert

Oddometer:
    another view

Attached Files:

15. Wirespokes

Wirespokes Beemerholics Anonymous

Oddometer:
    If it's got the same part number as the G/S then that should be that! It all looks the same except for a few small details, like the top side not going as far, and the missing step in the bottom, neither of which should make any difference in function.
  16. Mugwest

Mugwest "You mean this is the REAL world!?"

Oddometer:
    I've got one, and i've got the bike that it came with too.

That said, i'm not clear on the desperation in the original post-- you can't use the bike without this tray? :scratch

You should know that every tool in the 'stock G/S toolkit' is available from other sources. And most all of these are better quality than the Heyco stockers. The best thing about the Heyco wrenches is that they are thinner than Craftsman etc, but that certainly is not a game-changer by any means
  17. XTrovert

Oddometer:
    Could you please clarify what this means? You have the first box or the second box?

I was told that the bike will not start without the tool tray, lol

Me thinks no tools onboard = bad news, so tool tray = tools on board = good news.

If you do not follow this logic please sell me your tool tray!

I do not fancy myself spending the rest of my R80G/S life having to carry a basic tool set on a backpack, even when I go out to buy some bread.

no shit!

I know you all are trying to help.