2013 Giant Loop

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by OlafofOregon, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sean-0

Sean-0 straya carnt

Oddometer:
    Yea at 400 + im not a big fan ....
  2. OlafofOregon

OlafofOregon Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    What would you like to see? I'll either find or shoot a pic for you.
  3. OlafofOregon

Oddometer:
    Starting to hear back from riders! Here's one of the first round of pics and feedback:
    [​IMG]
    "In short, they're fantastic. Great volume boasting 70 liters of waterproof (35 liters each side). you can add an additional 23 liters (1399 cubic inches) of 100% waterproof gear storage to your Siskiyou Panniers with the Great Basin Dry Bag.

"It was almost disappointingly painless to install. The are VERY adjustable."

"They accommodated my hard bag luggage rack and supply you with plenty of industrial Velcro to find the best attachment points for your bike and two exhaust heat shields to protect your investment."

"Install is pretty cut and dry and I was done in 10 or 15 minutes."

"An installation PDF is available on their website.
    The bags are very well made and seem to be really durable.
    I like the outside storage pockets which can hold extra fuel, water or tools."

MORE PICS HERE
  4. snowhawk jockey

snowhawk jockey Slack Jaw Gaper

Oddometer:
    The other Center of the Universe: Bend, Oregon
    [​IMG]

That dirt makes a nice pattern on the logo...
  5. OlafofOregon

Oddometer:
    PRODUCT POUNDS (w/included components)
    Buckin' Roll Tank Bag 1.25
    Fandango Tank Bag 2.00
    Diablo Tank Bag 2.00
    Zigzag Handlebar Bag 0.25
    MoJavi Saddlebag 3.00
    Coyote Saddlebag 4.50
    Great Basin Saddlebag 5.00
    Siskiyou Panniers 9.00
    Fort Rock Top Case 5.00
    Coyote Dry Bag 1.00
    Great Basin Dry Bag 1.00
    Coyote Dry Pods 1.25
    Great Basin Dry Pods 1.60
    Coyote Stuff Sacks 0.50
    Great Basin Stuff Sacks 1.50
    Hot Springs Heat Shield 0.25
    Gear Repair Kit 0.50
    Bushwackers Hand Guards 1.00
    Vinyl Protective Film 0.40
  6. OlafofOregon

Oddometer:
    Now available! Vinyl Protective Film takes the abuse - NOT your painted and plastic surfaces!

[​IMG]

Vinyl Protective Film by Giant Loop $24.99

Protect bodywork and plastics from scuffing or marks under Giant Loop's saddlebags and tank bags with Giant Loop Vinyl Protective Film. Even a single ride can buff the shine off your gloss coat. Take a few minutes now to keep your bike looking like new.
    • Installs in minutes
    • Heavy-duty 12 mil film (used for race bike graphics)
    • 3 sheets
    • 12" x 14"
    • Made in U.S.A.

INSTALLATION TIPS
    PLEASE READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU BEGIN WORK! OR HAVE A LOCAL SHOP DO THE INSTALL PROFESSIONALLY!
    • Clean surface thoroughly to remove residue and oils. On new plastics, use brake cleaner or carburetor cleaner to remove plasticizers from surface - alcohol and household cleaners will not work.
    • Work in warm area with warm vinyl sheets. Use hair dryer to warm sheets if needed.
    • Use razor blade knife to trim sheet to shape.
    • In spray bottle add 1 drop liquid dish soap to 16 ounces of warm water.
    • Spray solution onto bike plastic/bodywork and onto both sides of vinyl sheet.
    • Place wet vinyl sheet onto plastic/bodywork and float into place.
    • Gently squeegee water and bubbles out from under vinyl sheet. Start with fingers, then use a folded piece of this header card to finish.
    • Wait 4-6 hours before riding to allow moisture to evaporate. Gently work out any remaining bubbles.
  7. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    Since it's still cold and chilly in these Colorado parts but I want to get out and ride I went for a pair of Bushwackers. I played around with different placements and loop holes and came up with final location that sits best with my guards. This it inboard a but than i thought they should, but I like the straps best in this placement.

The system is nicely adaptable and the straps are beefy. It's simple yet and effective windbreak that weighs very little. Because of their size, they are gonna provide some arm protection in addition to your hands.

I also use a Madstad screen on my DR650 for cold and wind protection so this creates a nice package for spring and fall riding. When it's warm in the summer all this comes quickly off.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  8. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
    These have been in development in my mind for years:eek1 Nice to see someone finally made them:lol3
  9. snowhawk jockey

Oddometer:
    Nice pics eakins! The BushWhackers are gonna be a hit with foul weather riders. Clearly they offer a bunch more protection and are easy to install/remove.

I was reviewing a video of a group of riders in Canada, riding a Giant Loop over the Mackenzie Trail in BC. There were a dozen riders on that bucket list ride and Kiwi Dave was one of the ring leaders. He provided us with disks full of footage and pictures of what must have been, a most memorable experience. They crossed endless dead fall, some GIANT logs among them, mud channels, river and lake crossings. They even got caught out one night after a really rough day and had to sleep in their space blankets/motogear, with no camp gear, sleeping bags or meals. I'll post more pics as I get them captured off the videos!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  10. team ftb

team ftb Befuddled Adventurer

Oddometer:

Looks a real adventure. Do you know if they've posted a RR anywhere?
  11. team ftb

team ftb Befuddled Adventurer

Oddometer:

The above information is very much appreciated and a good education for us material neophytes. As my friend thought they felt a lot different than previous versions, i'm guessing this is only the "hand" feel as you say. Is it correct then that the fabric has indeed changed from the earlier model but has the same specifications, therebye not giving up any of the strength, tear, and overall bombrpoof characterists we love?
  12. OlafofOregon

Oddometer:
    No, that would be incorrect. Once again, we have not changed materials. Same materials, same tested qualities. Adventure proof. Ridden worldwide.
  13. OlafofOregon

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Giant Loop's Siskiyou Panniers are featured in the April issue of Cycle World magazine - on a Husqvarna Terra TR650! Pick up a copy and check out the adventure bike comparison, "The Road from Armageddon to Salvation: If you had to run to the hills and into unknown territory, which bike would you take? One of these.":clap
  14. bastimentos

bastimentos Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I actually just read that, and noted that had a bit of trouble on the TR650 with the bags melting on the exhaust? Did you have a word with them about how they got on .. maybe they set them up wrong?

[​IMG]
  15. OlafofOregon

Oddometer:
    Apparently, the tiny stock heat shields on the Terra - and high exhaust temperatures are a tough combo. Dual exhaust bikes, like the Terra 650, need at least two additional Hot Springs Heat Shields. The Siskiyou Panniers include two . . . Word on the streets: 3 pair of expensive moto pants were melted on the TR's exhaust. Be sure to get the additional Heat Shields and install them so no part of the bag/straps make direct contact with the exhaust. Read and follow the installation instructions. Problem solved.:deal
  16. Beemermcr

Beemermcr Big, Dumb, Happy!

Oddometer:
    Checking my math - total of 4 shields?

Also, were the Siskiyou Panniers mounted without a pannier rack?

TIA!
    Paul
  17. Sean-0

Sean-0 straya carnt

Oddometer:
    Great bit of kit G/L ....my stuff arrived today ...very happy ...now ill let you know in a few months if i can wreak it :D.....
  18. OlafofOregon

Oddometer:
    Yes, at least two Hot Springs Heat Shields each side on bikes with dual exhaust - total of four, more if you need them. On most bikes, the Siskiyou Panniers will rest on the exhaust - with the Heat Shields preventing any part of the Panniers and straps from making direct contact.

Luggage racks can be left on the bike, but most adventure touring machines do not require anything more than Heat Shields and Vinyl Protective Film to prevent scuffs and scratches under luggage.

We have pics of the Siskiyous mounted on a stock display model TR650 - I'll find the link to our SmugMug gallery . . .
  19. OlafofOregon

Oddometer:
    Looking forward to getting pics and feedback. You spur us to continually improve. Cheers!
  20. snowhawk jockey

Oddometer:
    This is the Strada, but same exhaust situation. Ultra thin and rebated stock heat shields are not to be trusted... Hot Springs Heat Shields, to the rescue!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Got one of the Terra:
    [​IMG]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.