Victory Vision Tour

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by Mountain Cruiser, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Mountain Cruiser

Mountain Cruiser Banned

Oddometer:
    I used to think this bike was ugly, but now it is growing on me and I kind of like it....

[​IMG]

With hydraulic valve lifters, I am reading that maintance is a snap as well. Any Victory Vision Tour owners or anyone else like to comment on this bike?

2. Mattbastard

Mattbastard Lazy ass Supporter

Oddometer:
    Rollin should be around here shortly. He's put a bazillion miles on his Vision.

I have a Hammer, similar engine, cruiser style. I love it. There is NOTHING inside the motor that you need to do for maintenance. Change the oil and ride.
  3. jmlmjmjm

jmlmjmjm Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great bike, easy to service, incredibly reliable. There are a couple of decent threads here with owner input and photos. If you want a lot more input try: thevog.net or thevmc.com

On another note, somebody cue Dakez for his obligatory barf icon.
  4. ninepeaks9

ninepeaks9 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yeah, that's pretty fugly. Then what do I know. I ride Burgman to work. :rofl
  5. DAKEZ

DAKEZ Long timer

Oddometer:
    Still Fugly ugly. :puke1
  6. schwartzkm

schwartzkm Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I actually like the looks of the bike but the wife doesn't so no dice. I took it out on a test ride and was amazed at how a big bike like that could carve as well as it did. Me and the lead rider took off and left the group waaay behind. We actually got off the bikes and he lit a cig while we waited for the group to catch up. :D Very fun demo. I was sold. The wife who was riding a KingPin low wasn't.

Hmmm...come to think of it, it might not be the looks but me riding like an idiot while on the bike...
  7. LuciferMutt

LuciferMutt Rides slow bike slow

Oddometer:
    They were ugly when they first came out.

Now, everything else is way uglier so they are actually pretty decent looking in comparison. It's all relative... :rofl

Victory makes some damn fine motorcylces. I'd own one over an HD in an instant.
  8. vicster

vicster Long timer

Oddometer:
    The looks certainly are polarizing, but one of the things I've noticed about the looks is that unlike any other bike in my experience, they actually look a lot better, more complete if you will, when you see them go by two up. Static image much less inspiring than the in-motion image.
    To me the most troubling thing about the looks is how well the damn things work. You'd like to just dismiss the Vision because of the looks, but the wind management, handling, comfort, reliability, and super low maintenance won't let you.
    Not that this matters to anyone now, but I'm thinking the Vision is one of those bikes that is going to be considered beyond cool when they show up at bike events 25 or 30 years from now. Weird looks, great functionality, low sales, Americana, it's the perfect collectible. IMHO.
  9. mrbreeze

mrbreeze I keep blowing down the road

Oddometer:
    I like it. In fact I wanted to buy one, but Mrs. B didn't like the bag seat. Great bike!
  10. 2tallnwide

2tallnwide Long timer

Oddometer:
    Beauty is always in the eye of the beholder, but, it is so comical that many of the folks that call this ugly....

[​IMG]

Think this JC Whitney bolt on looking bike is gorgeous....

[​IMG]

:lol3

Different strokes for different folks, I'd take the Vic every day, and twice on Sundays over any other cruiser based touring bikes. Although my choice would be this one more than likely...

[​IMG]
  11. txwanderer

txwanderer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That is the best looking paint I have seen on a Vision. nice bikes. Momma put the nix on for the lack of comfort for her in the "Pricess Seat". No worries. The XCT has the same agile handling, frame, and well pretty much everything except front forks. No complaints about the Vic and we all have to make the final choice for ourselves.
    Vision is good choice for sure.
  12. vicster

vicster Long timer

Oddometer:
    That's a good picture of the Vision, it shows just how much cornering clearance the bike has while still maintaining a low seat.
    I like the looks better with the trunk removed.
  13. scotty918

scotty918 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Love the XCT. Trying to decide between it and a goldwing.
  14. 22224

22224 It matters not

Oddometer:

Figured it wouldn't take you long to find this thread.

:rofl

Not A Vision, but here's mine. [​IMG]
  15. vicster

vicster Long timer

Oddometer:
    Obviously do the test ride, but the XCT is a lot roomier than the Wing and has more luggage capacity.
  16. scotty918

scotty918 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've actually ridden both. They are both wonderful machines. The one knock on the XCT is that it put a substantial amount of heat on my left leg while riding in traffic. Other than that, I absolutely loved it.
  17. SS Twin

SS Twin GS 4 ADV

Oddometer:
    Nice taste in bikes you have! Just got the twin to this one ; had it 2 weeks so far and I love it. :freaky. Amazing ride, light handling, plenty of stock power and all the goodies. Love Harleys too, but this is just so different.

Kudos to Victory, they seem to have something going. Let's hope they keep it going for a long time.
  18. DAKEZ

DAKEZ Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nothing unsightly about yours. :D

Well the engine looks like a couple of askew bee hives but other than that...
    :lol3

p.s. I wish I had had those foot boards the other day while riding through a super downpour. They would have kept the water from shooting up the leg of my riding pants and over my 16" boots.
    :beer
  19. Mountain Cruiser

Mountain Cruiser Banned

Oddometer:

The more I look at the Vision Tour the more I like it. I think I read that the fuel is not stored in the normal gas tank location, but in tanks that are down lower. Do I have that right?

20. Mountain Cruiser

Mountain Cruiser Banned

Oddometer:

:cry