Lean Angle Jeans - Finally protective jeans I would wear!

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Domiken, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Domiken

Domiken Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi Everyone,

This is my official vendor thread for our brand new Lean Angle Jeans. There's a very long thread discussion on Kevlar® jeans on this forum and on many others and being that this is my favorite forum of all I wanted to share with you guys the project I have been working on for almost 2 years.

Over a year ago, my father (fellow rider and a man now retiring from the garment industry) and I sat down and discussed as riders, what would make a good protective garment in the denim space. The typical things popped up in our conversation, we want protection, aesthetics, comfort, and durability without looking like you're going to carpentry class or auditioning for an 80's music video. So to keep things short, we came up with our own protective jeans.

I know the folks on this site are big critics (and so am I) so we took a lot of things into account from several forums, fellow riders, ourselves, and did a lot of testing while considering the current market offerings. We tapped into my fathers lifetime connections (textiles, manufacturers, designers, etc..) and the end result has been excellent.

We have been very busy and our website will be launching by the end of next week, so I took a few pictures so you guys can get an idea:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We wanted to make sure rider safety was our main focus while maintaining a fashionable appearance, so we went with FULL front and rear protection (no panels, seams etc..). The inside liner is made up of a special Kevlar®/Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene blend to protect against abrasion typically associated with a motorcycle accident. We also wanted to protect against impact in the hips and knees and include it with our product, so we partnered up with Forcefield Body Armour in the UK to supply us with the armor. We wanted comfortable, flexible, lightweight, and breathable armor that molds to your body parts that is not bulky, clunky, or uncomfortable and Forcefield met our criteria perfectly.

The spec sheet of the jeans are below:

PROTECTION
    -100% Kevlar®/UHMWPE blend (inner lining) - front and back
    -Forcefield Body Armour - Adjustable knee and hip pads included (CE Approved) -http://www.forcefieldbodyarmour.com/
    -Double Safety Stitching

COMFORT
    -Classic comfort fit (straight leg)
    -Premium 12.5oz Comfort Stretch Denim (Outer shell - 98% cotton, 2% spandex)
    -Deep front pockets
    -Armor pockets are silky soft stretchy mesh
    -Moisture wicking sports liner
    -Thick YKK Zipper
    -True to size fitment
    -Semi boot cut

SIZES
    Inseam: 32, 34, 36
    Waist: 28, 30, 32, 34, 36, 38, 40, 42

Jeans flipped inside out
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As you can see in the picture above, there is a moisture wicking sports liner that covers the inside protective liner to make it even more comfortable when putting on the jeans. The armor pockets are made of a very thin but strong/flexible breathable mesh to let the armor breathe. The knee armor has velcro on one side, and so do the jeans. The adjustable armor clamps on very tightly to the jeans via the velcro, it does not move around in the pocket.

[​IMG]

You can clearly see the moisture wicking fabric and the Kevlar®/UHMWPE blend (yellow and white threads).
    [​IMG]

This is what you would receive when you order from us:
    [​IMG]

TESTING
    We sent the jeans to TÜV Rheinland in Germany to test for Personal Protective Equipment for the CE Mark EN 13595-2 LEVEL 2 (abrasion, impact, burst tests) and we passed the tests :clap, we are currently pending CE mark EN 13595-2.

We are currently offering the jeans in Indigo blue with a slight wash and a dark blue wash with wrinkles.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The retail price for these jeans will be $259.99 + shipping. but I will be giving ADV inmates a 20% discount for the month of May 2013. You can also get in contact with us at sales@leananglejeans.com.

Our site is not up just yet, we do have a verified PayPal address, you can pm me and I can shoot you over a PayPal invoice.

Feel free to ask any questions and thanks for checking out the brand new Lean Angle Jeans.
  2. SocalRob

SocalRob Super Moderator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Your product looks good.

What I really would like to see is a Kevlar jean I can wear to work and remove/insert knee armor from outside the garment while I have it on. I dont think I want to wear armor all day at work.
  3. KingOfFleece

KingOfFleece SplitWeight(tm) waterproof seat covers

Oddometer:
    PM sent.
  4. Domiken

Domiken Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks Rob.

The knee inserts come out from the bottom, if you roll the pants up a bit you can release the velcro pocket and slide the knee armor out, or you can take the jeans off and do the same.
  5. Mr. Magoo

Mr. Magoo Long timer

Oddometer:
    In.ter.ested.
  6. dseric

dseric Living for Adventure

Oddometer:
    Looks like a great product! Are the last two photos the color options?
  7. daveinva

daveinva Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Very interesting... Pricey, but looks high quality. Love love LOVE the armor pockets, espcially the hip armor addition- something sadly lacking in pretty much every other pair of kevlar jeans on the market today.

Any chance we can get a photo of these on a model to judge fit?
  8. Domiken

Domiken Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :D

Yes, the first two pictures show the indigo blue, and 2nd to last picture is the dark blue.

I took these shots with a point and shoot (figured you guys would not mind), the professional pics are coming very soon.

Thanks Dave, ill take a few shots with them on so you guys can get a better idea, ill have to wait till this evening so I can model for my wife :evil.

The great thing about the jeans is that they fit just like a regular pair of jeans, nothing special in terms of fitment, no high rise or low rise or fancy this or that, just a regular straight leg fit with a slight boot cut.

The small percentage of spandex helps when eating those big meals out on the road, and when moving around the bike, you will not feel restricted and the armor feel will fade within minutes once the pads mold to your body.
  9. RxZ

RxZ Legal Drug Dealer

Oddometer:
    Due to the liner material, is this an air-dry only garment? Pretty much every Under Armour, Coolmax, Dri-Fit, etc shirt I own says either air dry or very low heat.

Either way, not a deal breaker. I typically wash that stuff in the evening and let dry over night anyway.

It looks like you and your father have put a lot of work and effort into making a nice pair of functional and comfortable protective jeans. I hope due to this hard work you guys have a ton of success!

I may be interested in these as well as an everyday pair of jeans for our summers. Pretty much anything will be warm though when it is 100 degrees with 70% humidity :eek1 :puke1
  10. obnoxious2

obnoxious2 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What's the inseam on these jeans? I was interested in getting kevlar jeans before but it seems like regardless of waist size most brands only do 34inch inseam...
  11. ThosMa

ThosMa Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Can you post a chart or list of available sizes (Waist x inseam) here? Or should we just wait until the website is running?

I'd rather not post or PM "Hey, do you stock (fat x short)?" :D

Thos/MA
  12. Domiken

Domiken Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It is not air dry only, you can tumble dry warm (low heat).

Thank You, we put a lot of thought into our protective jeans along with a lot of testing and trial and error.

I am originally from South Florida so I understand. I have been wearing these jeans daily for testing purposes in New York, and my father in South Florida. This is how we perfected the blend. We rode to Key West and back last year in the middle of the Florida summer with no complaints, the UHMWPE helps in keeping things cool in the warm weather.
  13. Domiken

Domiken Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Not us :)

No need to go spend money and time on hemming.

As mentioned above Thos.

I personally wear 2 inches longer than normal because I have a sportbike with high rearsets, in my current riding position the pants ride up almost 2 inches.
  14. Graniteone

Graniteone 3,2,1...Beer me! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Interesting for sure. Is the fit true to size? I am a 34W / 32 Inseam.
  15. Domiken

Domiken Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes, American style true to size fitment (does not mean huge, it means the sizing we know in this country).
  16. bete

bete misguided adventurer

Oddometer:
    Nice, Are they going to shrink much?. bete.
  17. Domiken

Domiken Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    They will shrink a little like regular denim does, but due to the stretch properties you won't feel any different. I've been wearing the prototypes for over a year, and they are still going strong.
  18. Blanca Busa

Blanca Busa n00b

Oddometer:
    Great work. I like the full Kevlar idea. Understanding your a start up company I hope the price comes down in the future. Good luck and thanks for trying to help us out.
  19. mattsz

mattsz moto-gurdyist

Oddometer:
    Looks good!

Where exactly is the armor's velcro? Specifically, on what surface are the velcro hooks, and on what surface are the loops? Does either velcro surface ever contact the wearer's skin? I'd like to know exactly how the velcro interacts with the jeans, the armor, and the rider!

I ask, because my riding jacket has a velcro collar closure with the hooks on the outside tab, facing my neck - if it isn't lined up perfectly, my neck gets scratched by the hooks...
  20. Domiken

Domiken Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks Blanca Busa

Hey Matt, there are no velcro hooks. The softer velcro is located inside the armor pocket, blocked by the armor pockets sports mesh liner. The harder scratchy velcro is on the armor itself.

Here are some pictures:

Knee and hip pads
    [​IMG]

This is a picture from inside the knee armor pocket. As you can see, the velcro on the armor lines up perfectly with the velcro on the jeans and your knee is on the opposite side completely.
    [​IMG]

This is all your knee will touch
    [​IMG]
    the velcro is on the opposite side

These pictures were taken from my jeans that are over a year old.

Check out what's behind all the sports liner:
    [​IMG]