lexington area riders

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by n2deep1901, Aug 7, 2013.

1. n2deep1901

n2deep1901 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey guys, I'm about to be moving to the Lancaster/Lexington area wanted to see how many other riders are around. Moving up from MS where we have a pretty active group of riders. Have a state and local tag going on and meet-ups pretty often. I've been watching the KY tag and noticed that it doesn't move to much. So, I'm just wondering how many riders there are and if there's any interest in any Lexington area photo tag games? I'm sure i'll be doing a lot of exploring in the future to learn the area and could always use some company.
  2. patmo

patmo Long timer

Oddometer:
    There is a thread on here about a ride out of Harrodsburg....that is very close to both Lancaster and Lexington. You should check it out. Doesn't appear that there are a lot of DS riders in the Lex area, but there are a lot of road riders. I know that there is some good DS riding in SE ky, but not sure there is much around the Lex area, might be why there doesn't appear to be much DS activity around the area.
  3. n2deep1901

Oddometer:
    I do a lot of road riding so it would be cool to meet up with some locals for that. I haven't spent much time in the area but driving between Lancaster Danville and over the ky river it just seamed like there would be a lot of places, trails to explore if you followed along the river. Maybe i'm wrong. Anything east of Lexington around the national forest areas?

i'll definately have to check out the Harrodsburg ride. thanks.
  4. ajayhawkfan

ajayhawkfan Rock Chalk

Oddometer:
  5. n2deep1901

Oddometer:
    lol i'd love to, unfortunately I won't be in the area until September.
  6. RoadRanja

RoadRanja End of State Maintenance

Oddometer:
    Meet local riders of all types, yes, even dual sporters at WaterFront Cafe, on thursday nights located near Boonesborough on the Kentucky river hwy 418.
  7. KYwoodsrider

KYwoodsrider Motorcycle Enthusiasts

Oddometer:
    There is a lot of good dual sport riding in the Daniel Boone NF. The best areas are between Irvine, Berea, Sandgap and Mckee.
    I like riding the STree and Turkey Foot areas.

If you want to go further east the Red Bird Crest area is also nice

All of the ORV trails are listed here:

http://www.fs.usda.gov/activity/dbnf/recreation/ohv/?recid=39314&actid=93

I live in Lawrenceburg just east of Lex. Here are a few local rides as well
    http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=752891

Let me know when you get relocated
  8. LexLeroy

LexLeroy Socially Distant

Oddometer:
    Let us know when you hit town - the riding here is... OK. :D
  9. Goofy1

Goofy1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is ya here yet??
  10. TonyP9339

TonyP9339 n00b

Oddometer:
    I am new to the ADV dealio and I live in Lexington, KY

I have been riding for years, both 2 and 4 wheels I woods on roads and whatnot. I am looking for ADV riders in the area. I know I am smack in the middle of some really nice areas to ride and I have been looking for areas in the DBNF.
    Thanks for the help!
  11. Jeff@TheQuadShop

Jeff@TheQuadShop TAT survivor, TOI T1 finisher

Oddometer:
    Have you seen this?

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=919224
  12. jdbaum3

jdbaum3 n00b

Oddometer:
    I don't often post on here, but figure I oughta check in. Always looking for people to ride/explore with around Lexington. Have mountain biked down in the DBNF but haven't done a lot of off road motorcycling yet.
  13. riverflow

riverflow Half Built

Oddometer:
    Hey all, I live in Danville and if weather looks good sometime over the next 2 weeks or so I was going to go hit up the Redbird Crest Trail in Eastern, KY. Anybody interested in coming along? It should be possible to do in a day from where I live, but a one nighter wouldn't be a bad idea. Around 2 hours there of easy county highways and I figure 4-5 hours or so on the trail (69 miles).
    If you're interested post up & pm me.
  14. Zip_tie

Zip_tie Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just checking in. Currently living in Lexington and always down for a ride. Enjoy some occasional gravel, creeks, and dirt back home on the farm in Eastern, KY but the only bike right now is a BMW R65. The Redbird Crest sounds fun! Got an extra bike?:D lol

In all seriousness, I'm sure there are quite a few of us in the area, and it would be great to get together for a ride with some other folks.
  15. n2deep1901

Oddometer:
    Hey, wound up moving to Hebron, KY instead of Lexington. Haven't been doing much riding up here yet, not to keen on icy back roads, but if anyone else is around the area or knows of some places between here and Lexington let me know. Wouldn't mind a good ride next time it's a nice day. Not doing to much on the dr650 but I'm dying to get the Buell out.
  16. patmo

patmo Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hebron! My old stomping grounds. Lived on Merrie Dr for 13 years, and in Burlington for 5 before that. I'm over east of there, in Pendleton Co. for the last 5 years now. PLENTY of GREAT road riding between where you and I are, and Lexington. Plenty more around Lexington. Some nice stuff over in SE Indiana as well. SE Indiana will give you more opportunity for DS riding than NoKy. Check in on the Cincinnati DS riding thread for more information about that. Dualsport ( Ray Pope ) lives over in West Harrison and can really give you some good information on riding DS all over the area. Looking at the 10 day weather forecast, it may be a while before I get the bike out of the garage. Looks like another cold snap on its way. But when the weather changes you can bet I'll be looking to get out and ride.....be more than willing to show you around.

Patrick
  17. n2deep1901

Oddometer:
    sounds good! LOL I moved up here from Jackson MS for cooler weather, I'm definitely getting my wish. Now I'm just wanting some hoping for some dry windless slightly warmer days lol.
  18. ImaPoser

ImaPoser adventure imposter

Oddometer:
    Time to change your location in your profile. :D

You already got the best advice, you're more Cincinnati area than Lexington. You'll get closer rides checking out that thread over this one.
    I wanted to post in here just so I remember to check this thread from time to time. I'm west side Cincy, but also have a place in Somerset, Ky at lake cumberland. With the addition of the XR400 to the garage, I'll be looking to hook up on some rides in either location this coming summer. :clap
  19. riverflow

riverflow Half Built

Oddometer:
    Just leaving this here since I might be down towards Big South Fork area over the summer. Might be able to get the KAT in too :D
    Welcome to ride along!
  20. RoadRanja

RoadRanja End of State Maintenance

Oddometer:
    Bump There is hope the weather will improve. Lookin forward to some rides. A group of dualsports meet on thursdays at Cheapside Park at 6 pm in Lexington for an evening ride [weather permmiting].Join us if you like