Fla flea market-Now with Helpful Checklist

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by NEVERLOST, Dec 1, 2009.

1. speedracertdi

speedracertdi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a Gift Card for Bruce Rossmeyer's Harley Davidson for $276.07.

I special ordered a part that turned out to be back-ordered indefinitely and was unable to get a cash refund. I'd like to get no less than $250, or trade me something interesting of equal value. I will happily meet you anywhere including the dealership to drop it off to you and/or verify it's validity. Post a reply here or better yet PM me.

Thanks!
  2. davethegoat

davethegoat bahhh....bah...

Oddometer:
    <HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #575757; COLOR: #575757" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
    I am the second owner. I bought it in '05 with 21k. It now has only 32k. So you see I don't ride it very long. I am 6'5" tall and have come to the realization that it is torturous on my body. I thought about putting dirty bars on it. However, Instead of screwing up an excellent handling machine, I concluded I may as well just get something with forgiving geometry all the way around from the start.

For those that don't know, the 929 is fuel injected and makes a claimed 150hp yet weighs less than 400 lbs. Many feel Honda screwed this package up when they went to the 2004 1k's Then had oil consumption issues with those after that. So 929's are still highly praised and sought after.

This particular example has been stored indoors it's entire life. It is unmolested and unabused. I, as well as the PO, change the oil every 2500 with Honda HP-4 semi-syn. They only mods are 2bros pipe(nice and thoaty without being obnoxious), steel-braided brake lines, tinted windscreen, smaller turn signals, and special pearl white powder coat on the wheels. It has a recent gold chain and sprokets, yuasa battery, newer front pilot power, rear has another thousand or so remaining, new wheel bearings when I did the powder. I have all the original parts plus the factory painted rear seat cowl, and an extra front seat.

I am looking for $4800. or I will trade for a farkled KLR, DR, XR, DL, KTM, Dual-sport. Comfortable standard?, Etc...

I really am gonna regret this but I want to go on an adventure ride:deal

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________
    I used to do drugs. I still do but I used to too:bmwrider
    <!-- / sig -->
  3. BigSingle

BigSingle Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I gots an 04 KLR with all the fixes and minor farkles I will totally trade for this. If retarded please reply to ME@me.adv :lol3
    Seriously sweet bike I've always loved the 929 hope you get what your looking for.
  4. davethegoat

davethegoat bahhh....bah...

Oddometer:
    pm sent
  5. Chicken Helmet

Chicken Helmet I'm A Stumperâ„¢

Oddometer:
    99 RM250 parts. I have an almost complete bike for parts. Never heard bike run so I can't say the engines worth a shit but if you need any parts PM me. Whole bike $300 no title. BQF delivery possible.
  6. newcastleadam

newcastleadam Artful Tagger

Oddometer:
    Get taken out by a tree branch?
  7. Kentucky

Kentucky Long timer

Oddometer:
    In case any of you Floridians have an interest, I have a sweet little W650 down in the Flea Market. Located in Ormond Beach. Let's talk.
    Barry
  8. clark-kentski

clark-kentski PartiallyBionic

Oddometer:
    Trail 90 or 110 .......got one :ear
  9. jaydee1445

jaydee1445 Footpeg Crash Tester

Oddometer:
    Talked to Pete today, taking a road trip to bring it home.:clap

Berg went back to Sanjoh and the forklift is almost paid off so time for a little reward for all my hard work.:evil
  10. ElusivePedro

ElusivePedro Layin' Low

Oddometer:
    Buzztail would be proud of me! :lol3

11. jaydee1445

Oddometer:
    Selling at a loss, seems to be the panhandle way.:evil
  12. Buzztail

Buzztail Buzztopian OG Supporter

Oddometer:
    :nod +2
  13. motomike14

motomike14 Thumper Crusader Supporter

Oddometer:
  14. Mugwest

Mugwest "You mean this is the REAL world!?"

Oddometer:
    That's 'cause you downstate bastards are so cheap. Why, a man cain't even get a decent Swarm on anymore :amazon

:rilla
  15. jaydee1445

Oddometer:
    I lost money on the Berg so I'm in good company.:D
  16. Buzztail

Buzztail Buzztopian OG Supporter

Oddometer:
    :lol3
  17. tenfiddy

tenfiddy Demotivational Poster Child

Oddometer:
    done
  18. clark-kentski

clark-kentski PartiallyBionic

Oddometer:
    13,15,17 whatcha got? and im still looking for a Honda trail 90 .Downstater prices paid :D

:ear
  19. newcastleadam

newcastleadam Artful Tagger

Oddometer:
    Stock shocks with ride control off 2002 GMC Sierra SLT 2x4. Replaced with Edelbrocks after 100k miles, then sold the truck. Still lots of life left, and who doesn't want a spare set of shocks?

[​IMG]

Asking $75 locally, $50 for a FF.
  20. ElusivePedro

ElusivePedro Layin' Low

Oddometer:
    I have my new set of riding duds up for sale, which I had planned on using, but never did.

Brand new, tags still on. Mostly White and red, with some black here and there. They were matched to my KLX250S perfectly, and would look good on my old white KTM400 bike... Hell - if I were out there beating the shit out of my "Fighting Red" Transalp - it would work too!

Armored zip up jacket (my favorite out of the lot) - XXL, perforated, summertime, all white, reflective (here and there, I think), ballistic zip up over armor rock/chest gaurd with slip in armor (shoulders, elbows, back, etc) and is still a bit tight on my middle age beer belly, and, I could imagine, could get dirty looking quick! :wink:

Also have - Moto-X / Enduro pants. Red and black, 38 waist/ 32 inseam padded in the right places, I assume.

AND a cool, perforated, long-length, lightwieight, "longsleeve" red and white jersey also in XXL size to wear atop the pants without the "plumbers crack" pulling out thing, and under the armor jacket - if you feel the need.

It may not have THE splash of advertising on these items that may be your cup of tea (it didn't matter to me), but it is all still new - 'cept for the nice boots (still have box) that have only been used about 4 times. I have a standard 11 and a half foot (just shy of) my "normal" 11.5 sneaks feet fit great in them.

Pennies on the dollar, I can give details later if you're interested. PM me I can gin up some pics (though photobucket has become a huge bitch to use).

If you are a person that is about 5'10 or 6', and sport a 190-205 pound beer build, longerish arms (33-35"), 32/34" legs, and biggish feet - say at least 11, I say this chit should fit!

I have not worn any of the body gear out of the house - all I've done is just tried it on in my house and it fit me, A damn sexy 208#, 5'11 in socks, example of a beer drinking lazy ass with a to-die-for Homer Simpson physique. :lol3

I'll probably have to buy all this back a year from now, but it sucks to not give "a buzztail opportunity" to me peeps that are still tearin shit up.

I'd like about 230 bux, you or I pay shipping. That's less than the boots alone cost me.