Gotta Go - Where?

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by dogdoc, Oct 17, 2006.

1. dogdoc

dogdoc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Need some last-minute advice. I have been wanting to get in one last 5-7 day road trip before winter really hits.

I plan to leave tomorrow or Thursday. Weather says do not go west (I am in the Boulder area).

I was thinking New Mexico or Texas (Big Bend area?) for weather and to see new sights.

I have to leave the GS home as there is not enough rubber on my TKC 80's to go the distance and I do not have the time to get new tires (besides I want to use up what's left locally). So the ride will be the HD Road Glide - great for comfortable mile-munching but needs tarmac.

All suggestions appreciated.

DD
  2. Burro X

Burro X no static at all

Oddometer:
    New Mexico definately - so close for you and the higher elevations are still very rideable this time of the year, and there are plenty of great roads in the middle part of the state too. If you haven't been to Big Bend and have an extra three days + then head there also - make sure you ride 170 from Presidio to Lajitas, see Santa Elena Canyon in the park, and hit the Davis Mountains just to the North. The only bad part of the ride will be from Southern NM down to Davis Mtn/ BB area - not much in between after the Guadalupe Mountains.
  3. Deano955

Deano955 Insatiable

Oddometer:
    Arizona is mighty nice this time of year. Great riding too.