Auxiliary LED Lights - MondoMotos

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by The Toad, Dec 27, 2011.

1. dmac57

dmac57 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks, Uncle. I was going to opine in the same direction.
  2. BlackBeast

BlackBeast Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You guys ride adv bikes and worried about a bit of fading???
    I ride a black Tiger 800 and the lights work great and help me get noticed, and am not too bothered that 1 light has faded as compared to the other. Damn those "first world problems". :D
  3. The Toad

The Toad on the go since...wait. where am I ?

Oddometer:
    Sorry for the slow reply here. I have been dealing with a very sick child for the past couple of weeks and this week we have been in and out of hospitals. MondoMotos and pretty much everything else has taken a backseat.

To address "fading: issues - this is NOT a problem across the board, meaning not all lights fade/bronze. I dont have a number or percentage on how many have, but judging by emails and posts I would say it is around 10 - 15%.

We believe(d) that the problem was due to UV light and in early 2014 the lights were given a second UV coat at the factory in an effort to suppress the problem. We have heard from a few people since we started selling the lights with the second UV treatment, so it appears that this did not fully resolve the issue.

Add to that, I have been riding with the same lights for over two years on 3 different bikes - None have bronzed. My DRZ has spent a great deal of time in the Arizona sun and while they are dulling (I never wash it), they are not bronzing. It is possible that either some of the bronzing lights are either the result of improper anodizing. Another (but less likely) possibility is there is some chemical in washing fluid that is dissolving the UV coating? While I agree that the bronzing problem is less that desirable, I do not see it as major issue and it is nothing that a can or spray paint wont take care of.

As for the cracked lens, we offered to replace it at cost. This offer was not well received.

Bottom line here folks is this:
    We have been selling LED lights for over 3 years. The MM10's have been out there for over two years. There have been a few issues along the way and that is to be expected. I am 100% confident that we are selling a good product that I use myself. MondoMotos is not a hobby. On the other hand we are not a large or even mid-sized company. We are a very small, family run business and we have done our very best to stand behind what we sell and offer the best, personal service to everyone. Our profit margins are literally pennies on the dollar and given the return, if people actually knew how much work and effort goes into what we do, they would question my sanity. I often do.

There are other options available for auxiliary light, I would ask that anyone interested in buying investigate all of them prior to making a purchase.

As I mentioned, we are busy caring for our daughter and cautiously hoping for a continued recovery. I may not be back here to reply to any questions or concerns for a few days. We do have a friend helping with packing and shipping orders, so things on the surface will go on business as usual.

Ride safe,
    -Brian
  4. headshrink

headshrink Adventurer

Oddometer:
    From one tiny company CEO to another: I feel you, man. Only those who have worked or run a family business will get it. We pour our lives into our work, and not only get paid less than our customers do, but at the expense of benefits and retirement.... not to mention vacations. LOL, 15 yrs and have never had one. Don't work, don't eat!

I've got a pair of bronzed lights, and I'm not even mad. Bought a second pair in fact.

Hope your daughter has a speedy recovery. Sorry you're all going through that.
  5. BrittC

BrittC Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Brian,

First and foremost - I wish your little girl a very speedy recovery.

Secondly, I've owned a set of MM10's for two years and I also installed a set for a friend 18 months ago. Both are working absolutely perfectly, and the finish still looks exactly like when they came out of the box. We are both very pleased with the product, and the price is definitely right.

I will absolutely buy from you again when I need a set for my next bike...
  6. techforlife

techforlife CDI REPAIR

Oddometer:
    My take on the cracked lense.....i have aux lights,i have a spare set of lenses,,they are cheap,and if i have one cracked i can change it out quickly and not affect when i can ride again..they get scratched and beat where i go.....so when they get really nasty i put in a new set and keep the old as spares in case i cartwheel down a hill or sumpin:lol3

B
  7. The Toad

Oddometer:
    Thanks for those that offered support this past week. Both Kris and I sincerely appreciate it.

We are planning getting back to business as usual this week. Along with getting caught up in the shop and returning calls, I will be checking in here daily to answer any questions. Also, you can email Kris - info@mondomotos.com.

Thanks again,
    -Brian
  8. dmac57

dmac57 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Bump to keep a neat product in the current discussion, and to ask how your little one is doing.
  9. The Toad

Oddometer:
    Thanks. Daughter is home and doing well. Near a full recovery.

-Brian
  10. The Toad

Oddometer:
    Greetings Fellow ADVr's

We have added an even MORE affordable Auxiliary LED lighting option to the lineup.

Dubbed the SE10 (Spot/Euro Beam @ 10 watts)

[​IMG]

We are offering these for $39.50 a pair

SE10 LED AUXILIARY LIGHT
    The SE10 is an excellent choice for the budget conscious rider.Offering bike and rider excellent conspicuity by day and added visibility by night, without blinding oncoming traffic. Each 2.25" light uses less than 1/5th the electrical power and last up to 50X longer than a comparable halogen unit. Perfect for use where available electrical power is at a minimum, or anywhere auxiliary lighting is required.

Rugged
    The SE10 LEDs are housed in a rugged die-cast aluminum housing for durability and heat dissipation. The housings are IP67 rated. The lens is 2 piece Polycarbonate.

Easy Installation
    The SE10 Lights ship with a universal mount (some assembly required) that works on most makes and models of bikes without any additional hardware.

Specs
    Material: Die-cast aluminum housing
    IP67 Standard, Weatherproof, Waterproof and Shock proof
    All hardware, bolts, nuts and washers are stainless steel
    30 Degree focused beam for optimum visibilty
    10 Watts (each)
    Low Current Draw = 0.8A @ 12V (each)
    LED Luminous Efficiency = Compares to 50/55W Halogen (each)
    Extremely long life - up to 50,000hrs

Dimensions: 2-5/8" x 2-1/4" x 2-1/4"

The SE10 is also available as part of a "Light Kit" for an additional $29.50 (standard switch)

Optional "Light Kit" Is a Plug-n-Play Solution and includes 2 prewired SE10 lights, Wiring Harnes and Switch (options)

Thats the official website stuff.

Now the "real world" stuff:

I have have been road testing a pair these for the past 3 months and they have held up very well.

To answer the question "why is it so cheap?" - The main reason for the cost difference is that the MM10 uses the CREE XML chip and the SE10 uses a generic clone chip.

(these clone chips are based on the CREE, but manufactured overseas = lower production cost)

The light requires some minor assembly (mounting bracket) and using thread lock is HIGHLY recommended. Output is similar to the MM10 and the finish is a wrinkle finish (powdercoat) vs Anodizing (MM10).

We got a good deal on a sample batch of these lights and once this supply is gone, the price will go up.

Due to the low price point ($69 for the complete plug-n-play kit) we cannot offer the ADV10 discount on these.

MondoMotos SE10 LED Lights

Thanks for looking

Ride Safe,
    -Brian
  11. propforward

propforward PIE!romaniac

Oddometer:
    Nice!

Will be adding more lighting over winter. :thumb
  12. Justav

Justav MasterLurker

Oddometer:
    Hi Brian,

I have been trying to order a set of the SE10 lights only, not a full kit with wiring harness, to replace some H7-based aux lights that don't leave enough power for additional heated gear.
    Somehow, your website doesn't allow me to place that order, insisting that a "Light Kit is required".
    Can you clarify/fix as needed, and set a kit of just the lights only aside for me until this is sorted?

I am a happy user of the MM10's, and the SE10's seem to be a nice way to get my wife's bike updated as well, for a great price.

Thanks,

- Knut

13. The Toad

Oddometer:
    Sorry there was apparently an issue with that over the weekend. I spoke with webmonkey and he insists that is taken care of and the lights can again be ordered without the kit option.

Thanks,
    -Brian

14. Justav

Justav MasterLurker

Oddometer:
    Thanks, order went in today, problem solved :clap.

Looking forward to comparing them straight to my MM10's.

- Knut
  15. Roadinator

Roadinator Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Totally noob led light guy here with a simple question.
    Wanted to get the SE10 lights and have them be on with the headlight (always on when running). Is this a preferred way someone would use the lights or coming on when the the high beams are on?

I also noticed the DIY wiring kit was out of stock. Is this what I would need to make this happen?

Thanks,
    john
  16. The Toad

Oddometer:
    John,

You can order the SE10 as a kit that includes plug-n-play harness. If you want lights on/off with ignition/headlight/highbeams, the kit can be ordered with no switch. Wire power light to any switched power source (ignition/headlight/highbeams/etc) and that will trigger the lights.

Thanks,
    -Brian
  17. Roadinator

Roadinator Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Got it.

Thanks!
  18. The Toad

Oddometer:
    Hello Fellow ADVr's

Happy Thanksgiving to all !

just a heads up that MondoMotos will be offering the MM10 light kits for $99 on Cyber Monday. Quantities are limited and no other discounts (ADV10) will apply.

[​IMG]

Thanks,
    -Brian
  19. ArkieRider

ArkieRider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    trying to order these but it will not ring up $99 in the cart. I see not discount code to enter... Any ideas? I have tried to call and email them but no response back yet.
  20. The Toad

Oddometer:
    I just heard from Kris that there was an issue with the "timer" on the website. It was resolved and the Cyber Monday $99 price is back in effect.

[​IMG]

thanks,
    -Brian