2013 Klim Adventure Rally 2 / Adventure Air

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Brtp4, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Wings

Wings long gone

Oddometer:
    I completely understand price concerns, but that sounds like a question from someone who does not ride motorcycles. Who woulda thunk.
  2. BaronVonDarrin

BaronVonDarrin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Philadelphia, and at times Western Maryland
    Please let us know when you get more word on this. Or at least let ME know, to hell with everyone else. :p

I live in the north east and can deal with the cold (jesus people, just layer up properly and block the wind. Have you never been in the boyscouts?) but I can not take the heat. i am a scrawny dude and I get cold fast but I am supremely uncomfortable in the blistering heat. I am more likely to stop my seasonal riding from high temps than low.

This seems like it might fit the bill pretty well if the goretex interface isnt super difficult to attach parked under a bridge or something. One reason I love my axo jacket is the removable sleeves and neck brace interface but if I had a full and tough mesh jacket... I could maybe just forego any concerns about removable sleeves in the first place.
  3. JTT

JTT Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sounds more like someone who does ride and it willing to ride enough and push the limits a bit risking falling off once in a while. :freaky

I like the idea of a mesh suit, with a nicely integrated and fitted GoreTex outer rainsuit, particularly if it packs down well and is replaceable/repairable.
  4. Dan Alexander

Dan Alexander still alive and well

Oddometer:
    :thumb

not really sure what that other comment tries to suggest :huh
  5. Apple Jam

Apple Jam Ride Oregon First

Oddometer:
    If you have to ask.....:lol3

This is pretty much a "cost no object" product.
    $1200, $1500, $1700??? .... For the jacket ONLY.
    Will it make a difference to the real buyers?

Just get it from Atomic Moto. That's all you really need to know :D
  6. Dan Alexander

Oddometer:
    :lurk
  7. toowheels

toowheels on a mission...

Oddometer:
    Ahh interesting stuff!

Glad to see the waterproof over layers getting more attention. Especially if they are fitted and built properly to withstand some abuse.

Dave
  8. mario33

mario33 Howling around...

Oddometer:
    Well, I can see - still no 'short' versions of pants... :wink: Klim misses whole lot of the market...
  9. Dan Alexander

Oddometer:
    Thst's a good looking outfit .. seems it's almost a Traverse over jacket (but better fitted) .. so it'll definately take some abuse. I was worried it would be like a thin North Face or MSR Pak Jack kind of thing.

WANT :deal

i'm just picturing getting the fitted jacket over the main jacket ..... seems to me it's going to be a 'get the jacket off and then install the shell' kind of thing ... if that's good or bad I don't know yet, just sayin.
  10. guns&coffee

guns&coffee Long timer

Oddometer:
    Having read several of the reviews of the Klim pants. I could use some help deciding between the Latitude and the Adventure Rally. (I like the lighter colors) I plan to use the pants for most of the year. I have windstopper fleece pants to wear as a mid layer for when it gets really cold. I'd like to have a good all round pant. I like the idea of the better armor and heavier fabric of th AR. I spend 1/2 my time off road and 1/2 my time getting there. I plan to pick up a pair of the fully vented pants for Virginia's hottest weather. (Dakars, may be) :ear
  11. Brtp4

Brtp4 Powdercoat it. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sharp-eyed BOMBER M. Harness just sent a link to some additional info that popped up on the web. Lyndon Poskitt is a UK based racer competing in the Dakar. He is sponsored by Klim, and also Klim's UK importer, Adventure Spec. Adventure Spec actually created the first version of the Adventure Rally jacket, before eventually handing it off to Klim to commercialize.

Still following?

That combination seems to have given racer Poskitt the proverbial inside line on the Adventure Rally 2.....he actually HAS ONE.....in blue!!!

[​IMG]

Here are a few of his comments:

Some of the key features are:

• Full CE approved armour including chest so that I didn’t have to wear a pressure suit or armour underneath. I can just remove the jacket when I stop and throw it on when it’s time to go, perfect.
    • 3 litre bladder capablility for hydration.
    • Good ventilation including upper and lower sleeve vents, chest vents and rear exhausts.
    • Plenty of pockets for my documents and food etc.
    • The tried, tested and loved Klim internal harness system that helps distribute the weight of a loaded jacket comfortably.
    • Tough material on high impact areas (not that I intend using these).
    • Three different collar option, removable for use with Leatte, Leatte collar for adverse weather and regular jacket collar – all interchangeable.
    • The most impressive part of this jacket is the cut and fit of the jacket, is really is nice and we now see straps on the elbows to prevent armour rotation.
    • Multiple super reflective panels to keep me safe on those early morning starts.
    • I’m sure I’ve missed something but let me say this jacket has all the features expected of a tough, hard wearing jacket suitable for all conditions because as before, it uses GoreTex technology.
    The thing looks great in color. Also, any questions about venting between the Badlands and the ADV Rally have been answered: the ADVR-2 allows removal of the entire collar area - absolutely the best vent possible.

A link to Poskitt's blog is here.

BP
  12. cyborg

cyborg Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer:
    Wow! Very nice in blue. Can we get blue or is that Dakar rider only colors?

On the Adventure Rally Air line, are there Adventure Rally Air Pants too?

Looking forward to trying out the newest Adventure suits from Klim! :thumb
  13. Brtp4

Brtp4 Powdercoat it. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Blue will only be available for aliens (Dakar competitors). It is probably NOT same construction as the production version. Waterproof-ness not really needed for Dakar. Looks to use Klim Dakar pant fabric, IMO.

Adventure Air pants are coming also....will post them later.

BP
  14. Baja Dad

Baja Dad Long timer

Oddometer:
    This is the type of jacket they Need to Make!!!!
    in Colors and Fabric to match the Dakar Pants !!!!!
    Not so heavy and have it in the $400 price range
    No Gortex Make it for cool to HOT riding!!!

Black is BORING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  15. _cy_

_cy_ Long timer

Oddometer:
    sorry but no matter how much one charges for a suit ... cannot change laws of physics.

multilayer goretex suits are HOT! there's no two ways about it. don't know about you, but anything over 80f is uncomfortable to me for a full goretex suit. sure if one keeps moving with wet vest it's tolerable to higher temps. whereas mesh kevlar suits would be comfortable in above conditions with no fuss.

kevlar mesh suits work best in hot weather but suck in cold. despite claims of being all weather with goretex inside liner. when camping in cold weather, NO one likes having a soaking wet outer layer while insides are dry. then if using heated gear with mesh kevlar jacket, add much fuss dealing with extra layers and wires all over.

conclusion is one needs two suits for extreme temperature swings. my solution is motoport mesh kevlar for hot conditions. then one piece Roadcrafter with heated suit for nasty conditions. cleanest solution dealing with heated suit wiring.
  16. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
    Even includes APS thigh pads. Nice:clap
  17. Droptarotter

Droptarotter Long timer

Oddometer:
    This stuff looks nice, but I sure wish they would make more pants with belts.
    I also prefer an in boot pant.

Cheers
  18. Baja Dad

Baja Dad Long timer

Oddometer:
    Belts get in the way for true off-road riding
    If you wear any kind of tool bag around your waist
    It would be nice to have the option to unzip over the boot style to make them into in the boot pants
  19. Dan Alexander

Oddometer:
    Belts suck when biking. If your pants fall down wear suspenders :deal
  20. Pantah

Pantah Jiggy Dog Fan Supporter

Oddometer:
    ^ this

Great invention for dirt types of the earlier generations...:D