Lyndon Poskitt Racing - A blue print for Dakar 2013 - and he did it!

Discussion in 'Racing' started by Pyndon, Mar 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pyndon

Pyndon Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    9th Place Stage 8, 46th Overall Dakar Rally 2013.............

Ok folks, I've got all my stuff back from South America and have now had chance to resume normal service at home, even if it has gone a bit more mad than normal since returning :D

Bottom line is, I have a load of finances to sort out as a result of racing the Dakar and want to get everything squared away before committing to anything else. It's too easy to say "yes, I'll go do this" and "yes, I'll do that" and dig the hole even deeper.

It's a super tough decision to make as I know the bike inside out and know it's perfect in every way and is ready for anything. I'm also a little bit attached if I'm honest! Whoever get's it will certainly not be disappointed, I rebuilt the bike from the ground up for the Dakar and it never missed a beat. It's had a ton or work done and it runs perfect, 100% better than when they come from the factory! I also have a full jetting map for altitude & temp that I will hand over with the bike.

Here are a few pictures.......

Before leaving for Le Havre:
    [​IMG]

Post Scrutineering:
    [​IMG]

Half way through Rally:
    [​IMG]

Naked bike (trick black frame and lots of black treated parts):
    [​IMG]

It looks really nice and got many comments for been the best looking bike in the rally with it's bespoke parts and modifications. It's not been banged up like most you see for sale, and I have enough spares to negotiate whatever spares package you might want / be interested in.

The bike will come exactly as it finished the Dakar (only cleaned :D). The only exception will be the wheels, it will come with black Talon / Excel wheels, black hubs, stainless spokes and black rims with Braking wave rotors. These are perfect, they are the wheels I used for the 2012 Rally series in the UK. It has loads of trick parts including, Cyril Despres bar end weights and bearing run throttle tube assembly for reduced rider fatigue, full carb vent filter kit, re-routed and protected fuel lines, carb modifications, cycra hand guards, blue hose kit, yada yada.....

Suspension is full OTR as used in the Dakar (with new fork bottoms!! :D) can be sprung exactly how you want it, just let me know your weight etc. and we'll get it near before shipping. The engine was a brand new factory engine before the Dakar so has only done Dakar mileage.

Other than the odd scratch and scrape the bike is not bent or twisted in any way. No dents or bashes, if it needed something new on Dakar it got it.

Bike on it's own, with all Nav gear, GPS brackets and wiring etc. (over £1000 worth) just as it finished the race £26,000 GBP. Genuine offers may be considered, depending on amount of interest and package / spares discussions. I spent thousands preparing the bike not to mention the hours I put into it. Anyone who knows me, knows it will be right.

Extra's negotiable at additional price:

1) Extra Talon / Excel wheel sets (I have 3 additional sets) with wave rotors and cush hubs £700 GBP per pair.

2) Full spare set of bodywork, brand new, all painted in blue and black and bubble wrapped. Everything but fuel tanks. Includes bash plate, rear fender, front low fender, front high fender. £1200 GBP

3) Full set of spare parts, all electrical items, looms, every spare fastener, bolts, electrical connectors, nav gear spares the lot, just about everything all itiniaried and boxed in an orderly way. You name it, I've got it. We'd have to discuss this depending on requirements.

4) Additional spare engine, again negotiable.

5) Klim light weight phase 2 Rally jacket in Blue (one of only 2 made) negotiable (size L). Initially only available to the buyer of the bike. If they don't want it then I may consider selling separately but please don't ask about it until then. I want to give the buyer first option.

No silly offers or time wasters please, genuine interest only. I am happy to ship the bike anywhere in the world so long as the cost of shipping is covered by the buyer. I'm happy to get it to any port or airport here in the UK included in the price and will crate if required. Shipping to USA not a problem.

I'm sad to see it go but needs must. The sooner I square myself up, the sooner I can make a decision on Dakar 2014 :deal

For more information or questions or for contact details to call me, please contact me at Lyndon@LyndonPoskittRacing.com

Thanks.

2. Jettn Jim

Jettn Jim This is Liv'n!!!

Oddometer:
    NE PA Some... PNW Some... On HIGH ADVENTURE Most!
    Hey Lyndon,
    Not interested in the bike... tho it is super TRICK!!! :deal
    But just sent you more donation $ as I said I would when I got the chance.
    So check your paypal :D

Peace brotha,
    JJ
  3. Stromtrooper246

Stromtrooper246 Lost again

Oddometer:
    Even Putter likes Pyn![​IMG]
  4. JMo (& piglet)

JMo (& piglet) Unicorn breeder

Oddometer:
    Makes a great Ski jacket too!

[​IMG]

Jx
  5. Fast_Boy_Slim

Fast_Boy_Slim Don't call me Wighty

Oddometer:
    I don't know if this is old news to you Lyndon, but they have changed the front page rotation of photos on this site.

Your old pic in Timbuktu is no longer there, but on the plus side the PMs to Baldy and the mods have paid off and there is a pic of you and your dad there to replace it.
  6. brents347

brents347 Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer:
    Jenny,

This looks like the top of Emigrant lift at Squaw. Do you live in my neighborhood or just visiting?
  7. JMo (& piglet)

JMo (& piglet) Unicorn breeder

Oddometer:
    Hi Brent! - just visiting this time, although I like to spend as much time as I can in the US these days, and often head up to Tahoe to ski, and for that little 'county road' called the Rubicon of course!

Maybe next time we can catch up for a beer or two?

Jx
  8. beechum1

beechum1 Dandole Gas al Burro

Oddometer:
    Hey dude, you going over the hill to SF to see the presentation on 5 Apr?
  9. skibum69

skibum69 slave to gravity Supporter

Oddometer:
    I miss my skis, I haven't had them on once this year
  10. Jettn Jim

Oddometer:
    Didn't make it over to Marble Mtn eh? or just nooo snow....
  11. skibum69

Oddometer:
    Work and renos sank me, some decent conditions at Marble and I was away when my buds were in the Tablelands hut. Dammit! You ski Blue Knob this year?
  12. Jettn Jim

Oddometer:
    Naa I went out west and Skiied 49degNorth and my childhood slopes of Loup Loup Ski Bowl, a nonprofit community owned setup.
  13. svizzerams

svizzerams Rx Rangerette

Oddometer:
    Loup Loup!!!!!! My childhood slopes too!!!!! Not many people know about "the Loup". Cheers!
  14. skibum69

Oddometer:
    Sweet! 'M off to Brazil on Wed no no skiing there.

Sorry for the hijack:lol3
  15. Fast_Boy_Slim

Fast_Boy_Slim Don't call me Wighty

Oddometer:
  16. Pyndon

Oddometer:
  17. kaia

kaia team F5 ⌘R

Oddometer:
    i'm trying to make sure he's @ the SF presentation, which is being held (in case anyone in the bay area doesn't know yet):

Date: Friday, April 5th
    Time: 7:00-10:15 p.m.-ish. Talk will start no later than 7:15.
    Location: Piston & Chain Motorcycle Club, 1285 Folsom St., San Francisco, CA
    Map: http://goo.gl/maps/PNHWa – yes, it's been converted into a real motorcycle club. See http://pistonandchain.com/
    Cost: $20

event details posted here.
  18. skibum69

Oddometer:
    Nice one, thanks Baldy:clap
  19. Pyndon

Oddometer:
    Hi everyone, things have been hectic of late with a lot going on. I have a backlog of blog posts to write so hope to find the time to do that on the flight over to the US this coming week.

For anybody interested and has not seen this advertised elsewhere, I will be presenting my Dakar experiences in fun illustrative presentation evenings across the USA from 30th March. They have gone down well in the UK and I'd like to share with my US followers. There will be cool LPR gear up for grabs too as I will hold a raffle at each event.

There will be a small charge of $20 for each evening but this is purely to help recover some of the $2500 flight ticket costs and two weeks off work to make this happen. Inmates here have been kind enough to offer up accommodation.

Details:

Saturday 30th March 2013 - Sloan's Motorcycle, Murfreesboro, TN, EVENT DETAILS HERE

Wednesday 3rd April 2013 - Performance Cycle, Denver, CO. Please contact them for information and tickets. INFORMATION HERE

Friday 5th April 2013 - Piston & Chain Motorcycle Club, San Francisco, CA. TICKETS AND INFORMATION AVAILABLE HERE

I'm likely to be doing a ride out from Sloan's on the 31st and also in CA on the 6th. It's be great if some of you can make any of the evenings and to meet you in person and maybe even go riding?

Any questions, please just PM me or email me at lyndon@lyndonposkittracing.com. Hope to see you there!

Many thanks,

Lyndon

[​IMG][/QUOTE]
  20. charapa

charapa Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Huanuco, Peru, SA, home in Mid-Coast Maine, USA
    No east coast?? :huh

I know that the support for MC racing is elsewhere, but are you stopping off in the east somewhere on the way in or out?

Toby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.