Any Clemson area Inmates?

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by GSAmann, Feb 27, 2015.

1. GSAmann

GSAmann Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anybody on here in the Upstate SC (Clemson specifically) area? Looking for some other guys to go riding with. I attend Clemson and ride my bike to class and work pretty much everyday, but looking for others to go riding with on the weekends now that it is getting warmer(ish)! Feel free to PM or post on here!

GSAmann
  2. cbolling

cbolling Here...Hold my Beer.

Oddometer:
    2007 GS Adventure.

That must be the nicest bike on campus.
  3. dwdantzler

dwdantzler Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm not there anymore but I am close friends with the manager of the KTM/Yamaha/Kawi dealer in Seneca. I know I can put you in touch with someone through him. I miss that place...
  4. Quiksilver2525

Quiksilver2525 n00b

Oddometer:
    I don't have my bike with me right now, but I've got a WR250R (yeah yeah, our bikes are on opposite ends of the adventure bike category, but I can keep up offroad :thumb) and am bringing it down in May. Are you going to be here next year?
  5. EvoLife

EvoLife Evolving.....Slowly

Oddometer:
    I lived, studied (I use that term loosely), and rode there for my time at Clemson. There are some fantastic miles of pavement north and west of Tiger Town.

There was a sport bike club started about 15-ish years ago that would plan day trips to Deals Gap and other rides. It may not exist anymore, but a few flyers around campus and town might result in a fun group of peeps to ride with. That's how the sport bike group was started.

If I still lived there I'd ride with ya every chance I got. So many awesome ribbons of road down there.
  6. Quiksilver2525

Quiksilver2525 n00b

Oddometer:
    EvoLife, do you know if there is any good trail-riding around Clemson? I thought a smaller dual-sport would be suitable for the area, but now I'm thinking of trading it in for a sport or supersport bike. Thoughts/suggestions on that?
  7. EvoLife

EvoLife Evolving.....Slowly

Oddometer:
    Sorry, but I only rode on the pavement while there. I hiked, camped, and went wheeling in the woods, but couldn't say anything about the legality of it then or now. I'm sure there is some to be found in the area but I don't know of it. Besides, much of what was empty when I was there has been built up since.

I explored a lot of pavement west to Taccoa, north to Franklin, and east to Brevard. 64 from Franklin to Brevard was supurb at the time. Lots of smile inducing curves through the mountains, but no guardrails.

If I were there now on a college budget I would find a $3500 WeeStrom to flog.
  8. GSAmann

GSAmann Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey man, somehow I completely missed this post. To answer your question, I will be back in the fall with the bike. PM if you ever want to go riding. I'm always down.
  9. cbolling

cbolling Here...Hold my Beer.

Oddometer:
    Have you tried Horsepasture Rd? It is now open year round to plated vehicles.

There is also a dirt road at the bottom of the hill next the old mill in Newry.