Honda C70 Passport help

Discussion in 'Old's Cool' started by kluts, Sep 20, 2011.

1. kluts

kluts The Lost Tourguide

Oddometer:
    Have an older Honda Passport that needs brake lever and Kreem job and carb rebuild. Any help on older Passport part sources appreciated thanks!
  2. vtwin

vtwin Air cooled runnin' mon Supporter

Oddometer:
  3. dduelin

dduelin Prone To Wander, Lord, I Feel It

Oddometer:
    You will have better luck posting over in Battle Scooters but I used to own a Passport and got carb parts and a few electrical items from this outfit:

http://dratv.com/c70passportnew.html

Also search Honda C70 Passport on eBay - that will turn up lots of hits for misc. parts.
  4. d mc gee

d mc gee Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  5. AtLarge

AtLarge Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I can't tell you any specific vendors that I would recommend but I bet the guys at the Honda-C70 yahoo group could. Join up and read on.
  6. dishpistons

dishpistons n00b

Oddometer:
    Almost bought a yellow 83' C70 from a guy down the street. The bike was perfect...sat on the back rack to a motorhome all it's life...only 800 miles. Should'a bought it. This is the web site the fellow suggested as a resource page.

http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html
  7. kluts

kluts The Lost Tourguide

Oddometer:
    Thanks for your help. This will get me a goin'.

The poor passport was sent to us by someone who made it into a gothic stealth c70. The whole thing was rattle-can sprayed matte black.

But we'll have her going in no time thanks to your sharing sources.
  8. kluts

kluts The Lost Tourguide

Oddometer:
  9. msells

msells Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have some spare spares. For sure a few new seat covers from a guy in Canada, some worn/used mirrors, set of new tires, carbs of various condidtions, etc.. . PM me any needs or I'll send you one when I remember to go through my stuff.

The already listed sites are great - I've used dratv a bunch. I think he sells complete new repro carbs for cheap but that the throttle, choke or petcock isn't in the 100% original location.

A lot of CT70 (aka mini-trail) stuff is mostly compatible and there are lots of CT70 sites - http://www.hondaminitrail.com/ct70.html is the first one I could find. There's also a guy on ebay selling videos on how to rebuild the CT70 motors which are basically the same - search "ct70 dvd".

I'm somewhere down the process of stuffing a 4 speed 125cc Chinese motor into one of mine. Exhaust doesn't line up, not sure how to do the intake and retain the stock front fender & leg shield, plus a bunch of wiring.
  10. vtwin

vtwin Air cooled runnin' mon Supporter

Oddometer:
  11. kluts

kluts The Lost Tourguide

Oddometer:
    Msells and Vtwin, thanks for the leads. I will be in touch, Msells. Beginning the project tomorrow!
  12. lesman

lesman Live easy, Brake Hard

Oddometer:
    Beatrice Cycles has everything for small Hondas.I've had good luck rebuilding Honda carbs. Just remember to remove and clean the"Emulsion Tube" and replace the o ring on the tube. I have run Chinese Clone Carbs. I can't tell you any long term news about them. If you aren't doing a "Restoration" ,the Chinese Clone Carbs work pretty good and they are cheap.

Les