03 zr7s revamp

Discussion in 'Some Assembly Required' started by sh0rtlife, Jan 11, 2012.

1. aposaric

aposaric Garden mechanic ;-)

Oddometer:
    Fantastic work man, I really enjoy your ratty feel, and the colour is just awesome! Is it some kind of a primer? I am currently working on something simmilar, but I have not yet reached the reassembly phase. Are you sattisfied with the light? Dont the recessed light possition interfeers with the lower lip of the opening, so you get the shadow on the floor? I am noot sure If you understand me, my english is a bit drunk :-)

cheers

a.
  2. sh0rtlife

sh0rtlife Long timer

Oddometer:
    the color is engine "castiron"..admitedly i dont like the idea of a rattle can paint job but the color just WORKS....so im going to sand everything to perfection and re-shoot it since i screwed up the front fender and started patching up all the small cracks

as for the light...HA it tivals that of cars with factory HID..yes its THAT BRIGHT....i dont think i will ever need the high beam....the light cuts like a knife into the night.....i want this light on my xl600r!!!!
  3. sh0rtlife

sh0rtlife Long timer

Oddometer:
    so..i got sick of the cracks and some squeeks ive been hearing so...i figured after the abusive roads i put it on as a shake down....washboard gravel roads work wonders for a HARD shake down....anyway figured id blow it apart fix and brace ever crack as well as adding some braces that imo should have been on the original plastics..as well as some body work and shoot some paint on the inner frame work..tidy up my headlight relay harness and some other odds and ends...i also added the tank mount tabs for the fairings

anyway as useual ill let the work speak

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  4. beeper

beeper Badger tickler

Oddometer:
    Subscribed! :thumb
  5. sh0rtlife

sh0rtlife Long timer

Oddometer:
    i keep getting these perfect nice days scattered in the rain and gloom of winter..and just go blast...

anyway...99% of the cracks are patched and filled and overall repaired...tho im not to sure this glue is going to hold ...soo....im just going to live with it for now...get in touch with a vynle cutter friend and get a few sets of custom decals made up for it..like 738 ninja(since the CC is 738 and no one really knows what it is if you say zr7s)..some of the older ninja style kanji and some additions of my own...its glossed up for now to..so i can see if i want to stay gloss or go back down to a satin...the tank is not great but its not ugly either..every last mount is done and solid

someone had suggested bar end mirrors...i took that idea and well..ran with it LOL..and i dig it

next nice day im going to go out to a sweet spot and get some GOOD shots of her....meanwhile im just going to enjoy the roads while i do a lil here and there..like replace the rear wheel and front tire...and im drafting up a cafe hump to replace the back half of the seat...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  6. sh0rtlife

sh0rtlife Long timer

Oddometer:
    spent the day runnin around..on the kawi..still cold but hell its been dry-ish...but ive no fear of the wet..if i did i couldnt live in oregon thats for sure...

anyway i cleaned washed waxed and more or less detailed her out...my lil bro got home and since he takes some badass shots we headed out and got some....still got some plans but..here she is..and yes...that color does match my helmet in "most" light but the generaly color can look gold, drab, brown, bronze its just kinda shifts a bit depending on the light...i love it

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  7. aposaric

aposaric Garden mechanic ;-)

Oddometer:
    It tourned out great, nice lines. You could duct tape all of the cracks from the inside, if you are not sure that the glue will work. Do you see anything in those mirrors?

:freaky
  8. beeper

beeper Badger tickler

Oddometer:
    Looks fantastic! :D
  9. sh0rtlife

sh0rtlife Long timer

Oddometer:
    i do see quite a bit in those mirrors..once you get used to them..half the mirror seas thru the "gap" of my arm and my side way way back there...the other half sees right into the lanes beside me where if a car pulls into the blind spot..the nose of the car reaches the right side of my helmet at the same time the tail of it is still in the mirror..deffinatly good enuf....i like the mirros vision actualy better than the stockers on my xl600
  10. pennswoodsed

pennswoodsed lizards,bugs and me

Oddometer:
    Super build , easily much better looking than the stocker
    Regards,Ed
  11. Dunewar

Dunewar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    great build. I used to have one of those, I was very comfortable on that. Won't you get into trouble with engine temperature ? It is a very closed fairing and the bike is air-cooled after all...
  12. sh0rtlife

sh0rtlife Long timer

Oddometer:
    so far so good..in fact the fairing actualy rests on the engine and hasnt melted....course with the way the scoops are on the side working as EVAC and the front just acting like a big giant scoop pulling in more..its actualy taking LONGER to warm it up..course only summer will tell me for sure
  13. sh0rtlife

sh0rtlife Long timer

Oddometer:
    bar end mounts done, new pegs on, rear wheel swaped(obvious flat spot on the wheel) new front tire on to get rid of the battle snax

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]