2013 ama supercross

Discussion in 'Racing' started by ADK, Sep 12, 2012.

1. exoff-roadgoat

exoff-roadgoat Will ride for food

Oddometer:
    Go to the Stockyards in FW and catch the cattle drive. Maybe a rodeo going on too? Great restaurants everywhere..:dg
  2. Gordy

Gordy SUPPORTER

Oddometer:
    We took the tour of Cowboy stadium last year (on Friday). It is pretty cool to see behind the scenes. They were finishing up the track all day Friday. I think some guys may have been test riding it or something, but nothing much else that I could tell was going on. :dunno
  3. pbarmy

pbarmy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Duh,what the fuck is your point,oh you have none.:puke1
  4. Tee2

Tee2 I SAID! Woo Hoo!

Oddometer:
    If you want to meet a rider, find out what shop they will be at on Friday night. If you want to see a rider in the pits (bring a Monster can to get in free) find out what you need to do to get a ticket. Don't believe the TV hype about the "Party in the Pits" If you want an autograph for a top rider you need a ticket to get in line. Last year at St Louis Honda gave out the tickets at 9:00am at the front gates. My daughter was bummed she didn't know that but a lady came up to us and said she had an extra ticket. Worked out good for her. I noticed for San Diego KTM sent out a Tweet that said "San Diego race fans! Tickets for Red Bull KTM autograph signing handed out at team rig in 5mins. First 100 ppl to show up get tickets!!" If you don't have to ticket you can't get in line. If you like big crowds you'll love the pits. I don't, so I pass on them now. And you will miss most of the practice standing in line.

The other thing we do at Indy is make a reservation at a restaurant close by for 5:00 or so, that way we can eat real food for about the same price as a hotdog and drink and be done eating with plenty of time to get back to the stadium. From about 4:30 till 6:30 there is nothing going on to miss. I don't know if that would work in Dallas or not.
  5. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    Think that KW did a good job for his first time in the booth. :thumb
  6. Shawnee Bill

Shawnee Bill Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Dallas is terrible for this, if you're not in the parking lot before 6 you're going to park wayyy out, or more likely in overflow parking over by the Ballpark (baseball stadium).

The pits are outside the stadium a little ways but looking at the weather forecast it should be fairly pleasant this year, last couple of years it's been a cold blustery day outside on race day. We usually just catch a late lunch somewhere before going in and either skip dinner or eat late.

So basically you're just stuck wandering around inside for almost 2 hours with nothing going on. But once it starts it always seems well worth the wait! :clap

7. Shawnee Bill

Oddometer:

Seems about 55 years old. :lol3:lol3:lol3

8. IgoFar

IgoFar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Gotta agree with you pbarmy. In supercross, a trainer probably won't pay big dividens. But outdoors, twenty minutes into the second moto, in 95 degree heat with 80% humidity, having a good trainer who understands endurace atheletes and what it takes to get the most out of them, would be an asset.

Jeremy McGrath never started winning races and championships outdoors until he brought Gary Semics onboard to train him.
  9. dsilver1007

dsilver1007 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Kenny roberts was also a multi talented rider that won on the dirt and road racing...Didnt look too out of shape either.
  10. Fajita Dave

Fajita Dave Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm pretty sure Dungey doesn't have a personal trainer of any sort. He may just have a nutritionist helping him with his diet. I know he didn't while he was riding for Suzuki because "he didn't need anyone telling him to stay in shape." That may have changed now that hes with KTM. If your motivated to win you don't need someone telling you to work out. A little research will let you find the right way to train and which muscle groups for what you're doing. Most people just have a hard time getting off their lazy ass to exercise 6 hours a day (like me).

I don't think the layout was to blame for the poor passing. Like all of the riders were saying it was slick under the top layer of dirt. It really forced them to find a few different ways to pass though. I'm amazed the track workers can keep the right moisture in the track at all for grip. Its stacked right on top of concrete so its either wet and muddy or dries out quick since there's no real base to hold moisture. Its nice to see the track conditions changed up once and a while anyway. Besides that every track is going to be mostly one lined... they all choose the fastest one.
  11. brents347

brents347 Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer:

At Oakland for the last couple of years that SX has been there, if you leave the stadium after 5 p.m. you don't get back in whether you have a ticket stub and hand stamp or not. Period. But then again it is Al Davis' stadium and I'm sure he just wanted to force fans to buy stadium food. Don't know how thw other stadiums do it.
  12. Gordy

Gordy SUPPORTER

Oddometer:
    Just take an extra hundred and eat expensive food and drink $10 margaritas. You're on vacation fr crisakes. :freaky

You can slip back into economy mode when you are watching it on tv and eating frozen pizza.
  13. skwidd

skwidd where does this lead?

Oddometer:

It would be awesome to see one of the scrawny kids hold on to some of the shit the men used to ride.
  14. oilfieldtrash

oilfieldtrash I don't wanna be a noob

Oddometer:
    Love how old guys can never get over "the way it used to be". Pathetic!

I'm neither young nor old, 36, which bridges the gap fairly well. Today's athletes are absolutely amazing and would most likely dominate any generation in any sport. You may not like it, I may not like it (I'm actually indifferent, but I am in touch with reality), but it's just the way it is so get over it.

Oh and BTW, to the baby boomers (AKA the me generation) whose narcissism not only shines through in silly threads like this where you claim you guys used to be better at everything, I want to thank you for leaving the economy in shambles, the likes of which myself and my kids will pay for our entire lives. It truly is all about YOU isn't it!

Let's get the thread back on track and those who believe today's riders suck can start a thread about how good they are, how good they used to be, and how nobody will ever be as good as them.
  15. brents347

brents347 Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer:
    Wow. Apparently they still have Monday mornings in Oklahoma.

I'm off now. I don't have anything to do with the economy, except as a consumer, so I'm going to go do all the damage to the environment that I can today. It's the little things, but I want to make sure people remember that I was here. :D
  16. Shawnee Bill

Oddometer:
    Well, you nailed that one.
    Only thing I will add is that we rise to the level of the competition, always. Or you are an also ran. That goes for all generations, those at the top of their generation would for the most part be close to the top of whatever generation they found themselves in. And you learn to ride whatever it is that is being ridden at the time.

Be sure that when those comments about about how the current crop couldn't ride those evil machines we used to ride or them old guys couldn't hold a candle to the talent now riding are merely trolling. Just ignore that crap.

I'm also neither young or old, however my youngest son is older than you.

17. HighFructose

HighFructose Banned

Oddometer:
    oh jesus please start your own thread. your generations training regimen involved drinking "light" beer the night before, followed by coffee and cig before the race. do us a favor and borrow someones new 450 and lets see you hang on to it. there mind boggling fast......so fast i believe no more power is needed in supercross
  18. Pantah

Pantah Jiggy Dog Fan Supporter

Oddometer:
    :roflGood one mr. oilfieldtrash...:rofl

I'm in the leading edge of the Me generation. I went to war, college, had a career, put my kids through college and paid the max tax rate while I was doing it. I don't think it was us that did in the economy. I think it was a bunch of 40 year-old MBA's raping and pillaging on Wall Street. I believe they call it revenue sharing :deal

But I know one thing for sure; my 1980 Yamaha YZ 125G was the best dang motocrosser ever made. :D ...and the only real man was called the Hurricane!

I wish I could've hung onto that YZ a little better, though. :eek1
  19. nachtflug

nachtflug I'm not going to talk about that.

Oddometer:
    she stripped her rancid poncho, and laid out naked by the door.

we did it till we were unconcho. and it was useless anymore. :fyyff
  20. skwidd

skwidd where does this lead?

Oddometer:

Wound a little tight, are you?

Must be a backmarker800 fan. :lol3