through cold and cloudy California Highway 1 - April 2015

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by rfk76, Apr 26, 2015.

1. rfk76

rfk76 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I needed to visit San Francisco for a business reason, but taking such a long trip from Europe for just one day would be crazy, so I decided to add 3 more days, rent a bike and finally cross California Highway 1 off my Bucket List.

So I picked Harley Davidson Sportster 1200 (back at home I am riding something completely different (F800GS), but I thought "hey, when riding on California hgw 1, you need to do it on a proper American bike, right?") and this bike was a part of this adventure... for a moment I was sure that the gearbox is broken, but then I was told that's the "beauty" of it ;)

My route was rather simple - from San Francisco through Half Moon Bay, Santa Cruz, Carmel, Big Sur down to Morro Bay.

Weather was a surprise too - it was cold as hell. I was putting almost all I had on me to stay warm. California, man.
    ... but I liked it anyway. I liked it a lot. Here's a little video I took, enjoy:
    <object width="853" height="480"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/6JSpRiij6Lw?hl=pl_PL&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/6JSpRiij6Lw?hl=pl_PL&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="853" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Riding F800GS feels now like flying in the air ;)

Cheers,
    rfk
  2. kenichi2014

kenichi2014 WingnPrayer

Oddometer:
    It looks cold but the views likely made you forget the chill:D
    Nice video thanks for sharing it and enjoy your west coast trip.