Looking for Napa, Sonoma, Santa Rosa, Lake Co. riders

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by Bonnie & Clyde, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Bonnie & Clyde

Bonnie & Clyde Wishing I was riding RTW

Oddometer:
    Looking for riders in any thing close to this area. I work weekends so I ride solo most of the time during the week. I find myself in the middle of some local National Forest and think "I hope I dont get hurt or break down, cause there is no one out here but me and Mt. Lions."

Drop me a line if you can ride during the first part of the week...I.E. Mon-Thursday.

Thanks Cory Johnson
  2. Bonnie & Clyde

Oddometer:
    Any one? :ear
  3. K. L. Rocket

K. L. Rocket Big bouncy make big happy

Oddometer:
  4. boney

boney Ride > Post

Oddometer:
    Down here in Sonoma.:wave
  5. GillaFunk

GillaFunk I use profanities

Oddometer:
    Dooode.....myself, Capt. Huggie, Duck Diggler, edgardrop (havent met), and....one other guy on a 640adv, though I cant remember his name, are all local.

why do you ask? Considering getting a ride going? Maybe the monday after easter sunday?
  6. Silver King

Silver King Maita'i roa ae!

Oddometer:
    Sorry...I'm chained to the desk M-F. However, go to the Melee.
  7. riceless

riceless Let's Ride!

Oddometer:
    Four years ago, I was solo on a KTM 300 in Mendocino NF when I almost center-punched a mountain lion. When I slid to a stop, the cat didn't run away, so I left the area immediately....ADVENTURE!<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
  8. GillaFunk

Oddometer:
    Hey...looks like SR BMW is doing a dual sport ride on the Apr 13
    Linky
  9. mootsuno

mootsuno Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey Guys,
    DaveBro and me will be leading the SR BMW ride. Very little freeway, almost all back roads. Also, we plan to do some of the jeep trails at Cow Mtn. Easy ones though, probably trails 15, 13 and 20. Riders can always stay on the main road if they're not comfortable, but what fun is that?
    The route on the SR BMW page will be updated and later DaveBro going to post the gps tracks for all the geeks.
    I'll be posting this ride soon but if you have any questions in the mean time just ask.

Dean
    mootsuno
  10. MountainLion

MountainLion Drawn by Boyfriend

Oddometer:
    As a matter of fact Mountainlion was in the Napa Valley on the 17th :evil

You got something against Mountainlions? :scratch

[​IMG]
  11. MightyZeus

MightyZeus Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It's true, a dual sport ride will be heading out of Santa Rosa BMW Motorcycles April 13th. Route information will be updated within a week, as Mootsuno has stated.

This ride date coincides with our bi-annual 'Bike Swap' event (think weekend consignment open to the public).

We will have breakfast goodies for all dual sport ride participants. Looks like peeps are meeting as early as 8:30am and the ride is heading out at 9:30am.

Unfortunately Mighty Zeus (me) won't be able to ride this one. Hey, somebody's got to sell these damned things!

But I'll be there in spirit. :gyro
  12. Bonnie & Clyde

Oddometer:
    GillaFunk, Im in for Monday the 24th thats the day after Easter. Got a budy that is off that day and sports a GS too. We rode yesterday seen two bob cats, 10 deer and crossed about 5 creeks on Twin Valley and over to stonyfort too williams. Dropped the pig a plenty but had a blast.

I am off monday - wednesday and every other thursday and like i said ride solo most of the time in the woods. I am up for group rides or just a couple of guys, safer in numbers i always say.

707-333-2781
    johnson-cory@sbcglobal.net

or PM me

"Four years ago, I was solo on a KTM 300 in Mendocino NF when I almost center-punched a mountain lion. When I slid to a stop, the cat didn't run away, so I left the area immediately....ADVENTURE!"

Saw a Full grown tom cat three weeks ago when i was stuck in the snow on French ridge up in Mendo National. Scary! I picked that bike up and started moven faster than ever.:eek1 <!-- / message --><!-- sig --><!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
  13. GillaFunk

Oddometer:
    Well....the bike goes in the shop on Saturday to find this 'gremlin' thing I keep hearing about. Monday Im driving to Santa Cruz for a few days. However, I HOPE the bike will be up to 100% come the 31st. Ill be in touch
  14. Bonnie & Clyde

Oddometer:
    I attended the Redwood Randevous last year and know about the Melee rally, but i work the weekends. I wish I could get in on the canoe trip.

Thats why I posted this thread.... looking for middle of the week guys.
  15. Bonnie & Clyde

Oddometer:

Sounds good, I talked to Mike today about a battery infact. He should be able to get the gremlins scared out on your adventure. My adventure is running puuuurfect right now. New TKC's and Remus! Ready to hit the dirt trails!

Open for who ever wants to ride!
  16. GillaFunk

Oddometer:
    eh...crap...I gotta put knobbies on now too. DAMMIT!!! LOL Thank GOD I have 2 sets of wheels!
  17. Bonnie & Clyde

Oddometer:

:ricky Should have my New Artic Camo Gear Up by then too.

I got two sets of wheels like you for the same thing. Going out to the garage now to switch em back to the commute set for my work week (Fri, Sat, Sun, then im off till Thursday! Got to love 12 hour shifts).
  18. Bonnie & Clyde

Oddometer:
    Any one want to ride Next week?

GillaFunk whats the word on your bike?
  19. Bonnie & Clyde

Oddometer:
    Did your bike code out on the table under the knife? :ear Was Mike able to bring it back to life?

Any One want to ride next Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday(March 30th-April 3rd)? I was kind of wanting to go up to Mendo National above ClearLake.
  20. 8Superman

8Superman Shut up and RIDE!!

Oddometer:
    Just don't go alone. I got stuck up there on M6 past lake Pilsburry a few weekends ago. There are people and aminals that you don't want to run into up there.