Western NC Tag-O-Rama!

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by Sandrion, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Sandrion

Sandrion Coleman Camper

Oddometer:
    Forgive me if this already exists but I couldn't find it, if it does. If this overlaps or interferes with any other tag game, it can be revised or taken down.

I'm adopting the Upstate SC tag game rules of six hours for the new tag. I've seen on busy weekends, multiple tags per day. To me, thats fun!

Now for the boundaries.

Split the state at Interstate 77, and everything west of that within North Carolina's state lines.
    [​IMG]

Rules
    1) Six hour time limit to post a new tag, this means from the time you post up your grab, to the time you post up your tag. If you fail to post up a new tag, then you forfeit your grab. (There is a little leeway on this, just don't post it the next day. Lets keep it moving)

2) File photos can only be used to make a new tag, you cannot use a file photo for a grab.

3) You should try as hard as possible to make your tag photo match the original, this means try to put your bike where their bike was.

4) Hard to find tags are fun, but lets keep them within reason. Nobody wants to spend an hour or two on the Internet trying to figure out your tag. Post additional clues if others find it necessary.

5) The first to post the picture to this thread, gets the grab. It doesn't matter who got to the tag first.

6) A working link to a picture is fine for a short time. It's sometimes hard to post a picture in a thread from a smartphone. (believe me, I've tried) If you post up a link to a working picture, then it counts. Please remember when you get back home, edit your post to show the picture, not just a link.

These rules are obviously completely original, and have nothing in common with the Upstate SC game rules. :rofl

Lets see if we can get a fun game going here. If anyone has any suggestions or comments, post them up.

Oh, and you Upstaters are always welcome up here in NC.
  2. Sandrion

Sandrion Coleman Camper

Oddometer:
    First tag of the game!

[​IMG]
  3. ben2go

ben2go Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm in when I get my bike running.I'm just across the line in northern Spartanburg county.
  4. Mortis

Mortis Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This is perfect for me. Being a n00b to the area(I'm in Boone currently and a relocate from Wyoming) and having just gotten a bike again after 3 years without one I'm ready to get out and explore! The full NC tag game is a bit overwhelming as I'm not from here so don't really have any clue where anything is. The other tag games are also mostly gibbrish to me as I have no clue to what areas most are referring to :rofl

Thanks for putting this up and I'll be out hunting a tag tomorrow :clap
    GlennR likes this.
  5. Evinrude

Evinrude OMC approved!

Oddometer:
    Looks like this could be fun, I'll jump in as soon as I get new oil seals put in the XT, I was getting miles per quart instead of miles per gallon:lol3
  6. MaxFuel

MaxFuel Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thank you so much! No more flatlanders poaching tags and taking them to the coast. :roflI'm in...soon as my dealer gives me my bike back...in the shop for a recall.
  7. Sandrion

Sandrion Coleman Camper

Oddometer:
    Im glad this thread has been met with such applause right off the bat, im stoked to see where all it goes!
  8. FishHunt

FishHunt slow poking...

Oddometer:
    NC would be a very easy state to divide into 3 areas. The western game would be everything west of I-77. The eastern game would be everything east of I-95. The central game would be everything between 77 and 95.

Tag games are like good whiskey, you can only dilute it so far before you've just lost too much of what made it good.

<>< Fish
  9. MaxFuel

MaxFuel Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    IMO the full state tag is like bad whiskey...it's no good. The tag is left on one end of the state for months...leaving out a very large group of riders who for family and job obligations simply can't do a 300-400 mile trip.
  10. Sandrion

Sandrion Coleman Camper

Oddometer:
    I totally agree, I am fortunate to be close enough to participate in the Upstate SC game on occasion when it is up closer to the state line.

As for the statewide game, your right, it can get a bit one sided sometimes, I dont see what is wrong with having a whole western side game, seeing as how that is honestly a load of territory to cover.
  11. wb57

wb57 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think it's just one of many fun games. Probably like a lot of others, I keep a list of current tags - mainly on weekends when I have more riding time available. If the NC is within reach, it's on the radar. If not, there are a host of other opportunities for me: Triangle, North Central NC, Mid Atlantic, Eastern NC, NC ABC, VA, Roanoke, Second Chance, and all the wild card games. Just because the NC has been floating around near Bryson City or Nags Head doesn't hamper my ability to go out and chase tags.

I don't think this new game dilutes my ability to have fun tagging one iota. I think it's great for the Boone/Asheville/Bryson City crowd that are petrified to go anywhere the horizon is more than a few hundred yards away... :D
  12. Evinrude

Evinrude OMC approved!

Oddometer:
    Having only a dual sport to ride at the moment, I am good for around 3 hrs of riding before my spine is completely shattered:rofl

One of these days I'll have a bike better suited for distance riding, I'd love to go hunting a faraway tag.
  13. FishHunt

FishHunt slow poking...

Oddometer:
    Ooops! I thought this was ADVrider. :D

<>< Fish
  14. Django

Django Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm in. Although I live in the upstate of SC I do most of my riding in WNC.
  15. lgajohnymac

lgajohnymac Ride wrench wait

Oddometer:
    Cleveland County I presume. Got inlaws in Gaston, but not headed that way for a while. For a second I was hoping it was clay co.
  16. Evinrude

Evinrude OMC approved!

Oddometer:
    Yeah it's Cleveland, I drive by there all of the time.

Got the parts for my XT in, maybe I can make the grab later this week if I get everything patched up.
  17. Sandrion

Sandrion Coleman Camper

Oddometer:
    Somebody needs to come and get this thing, get the Western NC game rolling!
  18. Evinrude

Evinrude OMC approved!

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Monument and old Cleveland County Court House, Main street in Shelby.
  19. Evinrude

Evinrude OMC approved!

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Hint: Walker Top
  20. Sandrion

Sandrion Coleman Camper

Oddometer:
    Whew... found it. Now if I can just make myself ride all that way to get it!