NY motorcyclists vs. SUV Merged Threadfest

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by shipwrek12001, Sep 30, 2013.

1. garandman

garandman Wandering Minstrel

Oddometer:
    On another forum it is alleged the RR hit a pedestrian on 42nd st and that is why they were trying to get him to stop.

Given that most of the bikes in the video don't have plates, that's not very credible right now.

Driver of RR was gadfly beaten, rider run over is in a medically induced coma and may be paralyzed.
  2. Offcamber

Offcamber Long timer

Oddometer:
    Good argument for repealing NYs limits on magazine capacity....

:hide:lurk
  3. Zerk

Zerk DILLIGAF

Oddometer:
    Straight jacket memories, and sedative highs
    Doesn't sound good for the SUV driver.

Off the highway, “he is stopped again by a group of motorcyclists, he’s taken out of the car. He is assaulted,” Kelly said.
    One biker can be seen on the video ripping off his helmet and using it to bash in Lien’s driver’s-side window.
    The crew pummeled Lien on the pavement in front of his wife, Rosalyn Ng, and their 2-year-old daughter, police sources said.
    Lien, who also was slashed during the melee, was rushed to Columbia University Medical Center. He needed stitches to his face and chest and had two black eyes.
    Sources said the injured biker was being prepped for surgery Monday night, and doctors feared he might be left a paraplegic.
  4. steveWFL

steveWFL Long timer

Oddometer:
    repost cops are going to getcha' :evil:D
  5. cliffy109

cliffy109 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I realize you are pot stirring and I may regret posting this, but you are actually right. This does answer the question of why would you ever need more than 8 bullets.
  6. cliffy109

cliffy109 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Do we know that or is that just what the riderZ are claiming and is their claim credible?
  7. walkergreenlabel

walkergreenlabel Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    really? a post on instagram?? what a pile of crap. if there was a rider run over and in a coma instigating the whole ordeal that would be in some news story. not every news story is going to miss or ignore that part. some twatwaddle in the gang would have caught the running over of the rider and posted it by now.
  8. Bronco638

Bronco638 Nobody Home

Oddometer:
    Did I see a DR-Z250 out with those clowns? What's he doing out there? :lol3

Why didn't the Rover driver call 9-1-1 and report Road Rage?

Just Plain Stupid on everyone's part.
  9. James Adams

James Adams wut

Oddometer:
    Did you read any of the articles linked?

Wait...stupid question... :fpalm
  10. cliffy109

cliffy109 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Umm... I read several articles, and if I missed the one that confirms that the rider is in a coma, please accept my apologies. Perhaps you could be less of a jackass and point out which one has anything more than an instagram as its source.

... Edited to add:

I just went back and re-read articles that were posted yesterday. The article in the NY Daily News has now been updated with more details, including that the rider has 2 broken legs. Reports of paralyzation are sourced to the rider's parents' Facebook post. Hardly confirmation of anything but at least that is more than was posted yesterday.
  11. Kafn8td

Kafn8td Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  12. Navy Chief

Navy Chief Long timer

Oddometer:
    My favorite quote from the article:
    “This man needs to know he hurt someone,” Edwin Mieses' wife Dayana Mieses told Boston.CBSLocal.com. “That man paralyzed my husband. He needs to pay for what he did.”

Somebody needs to explain to her that he put himself in that position acting like an asshat...

Maybe there really is such a thing as karma....
  13. cliffy109

cliffy109 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Have you seen the Facebook page they set up for the injured thug? https://www.facebook.com/pages/Justice-For-Jay-Meezee/411664345601619

I'm going to say right now that the parallel between this and the Treyvon Martin case is clear. It really don't matter what happened to get them into the position. Once a person has a reasonable fear for their life, they are allowed to defend themselves. The RR driver was clearly acting in self defense and clearly had a reason to fear for his life. A gang of bikers was hitting his SUV and slashing tires. Even if the driver had participated in a road rage incident (which is not being alleged at this point), at the point where knives and helmets are being used as weapons, he is allowed to defend himself with deadly force. Even in New York.
  14. lamotovita

lamotovita DAMN SNOWBIRD!

Oddometer:
    Do you spose that only one of those squids had a helmet cam?
  15. Montague

Montague UDF Adventurer

Oddometer:
    an alternate universe, much better than yours
    I just love those who supply their own video evidence for conviction.

Folks just don't understand, video, gps records, cell phone logs, all of that neat electronic wizardry can and will be used against you in court.............
  16. Twinz

Twinz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The video I saw showed a crowd of bikes blocking and stopping all the lanes of the highway. The Rover driver got pissed and rolled over and smashed at least one bike before taking off. The rest of the video was the attempt by the horde of bikes to make him stop. It's not okay they went as far as they did with the assault, but the driver of the Rover asked for it!
  17. cliffy109

cliffy109 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Then you missed the first part of the video where the bikers are surrounding the RR and one guy is clearly yelling at the driver. That rider then cuts in front, looks back and rapidly decelerates and his bumped. The driver stops and in short order more than a dozen bikers converge on him. According to news reports, his tires are slashed and helmets are slammed into the SUV. That is where you then saw him roll over and smash his way free. I don't think "pissed" is the emotion he was experiencing at the moment.
  18. HanzoSteel

HanzoSteel n00bish

Oddometer:

How can you think that, he didn't start it and he was fleeing for his and his families life.

I think you need to look at the video again.
  19. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    There's been 6 or 7 threads posted on this subject here and other forums.. all merged here..
  20. majorhavoc

majorhavoc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wow, you seriously need to check your facts, man.