Dakar 2013 - Official Event Coverage - thank you ALL TeamF5, lurkers and posters!

Discussion in 'Racing' started by doyle, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Bluebull2007

Bluebull2007 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So tell us Deadly, how did you bend those rims again? :D
  2. troy safari carpente

troy safari carpente f5ree sub-zero agent

Oddometer:
    :rofl:rofl:clap

So Etienne see's himself as the "new" french version of Michelé Thomsón and is going to market his "Little Chunk of Dakar" to all the flatbill wearing homie fans that the new breed of Monsterredbullspeed sponsors will attract to the sport... eh?

Park your RV's outside the stadium folks, by a footlong and a brewski and pull up a seat for the most challenging indoors marathon rally the world has ever seen (live direct sent on HBO... 19:00 CET 15:00 Pacific central :D). We've got pole dancers for the halftime show and all the baguette and brie cheese you can eat...:rofl So come on out, we're coming to 10 stadiums across South America in 14 days of rough and tumble off road rallye action, all from the comfort of your very own 85 dollar arena seat... Tired of marching out into the Atacama for hours on end, to wait and see an orange brick fly past in a cloud of dust...? F5¤% that!... come to where the future is... it's the Dakar Grand National Stadium Schmuck Gran Prix Marathon Off Road Indoor Racing Series. DGNSSGPMORIRS :clap
  3. sick_boy

sick_boy I follow you.

Oddometer:
    ...and that's why we call it TEAM F5!

Thanks EP!
  4. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:

Wasn't me....
  5. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    What's happened to Matt Fish?
  6. ferals5

ferals5 Grumpa

Oddometer:
    matt fish......? missing after wp4
  7. ktmmitch

ktmmitch Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think I'll stick with a few beers from the old guy with the green wooly hat in "Hotel Desperate" with friends in Missour(morocco) after that day of floods.......do you remember that Troy??
    No RV's that night.
  8. zenjen

zenjen Go Outside

Oddometer:
    That was great. - Did you catch the 100% Goggles at 6:39?
  9. Stagehand

Stagehand Imperfectionist

Oddometer:
    I used a double filter system. The high filter (a cone) took most of the dust. big snorkel to a lower one, and that never even got changed.
  10. Dekatria

Dekatria Ad Astra Per Aspera

Oddometer:
    Classic :lol3
  11. Stagehand

Stagehand Imperfectionist

Oddometer:
    RAllyerider:

Stage 6 -
    According to the official website, Brett Cummings finished Stage 6 in 44th place. This result has provisionally moved him up to 78th place overall - a jump of 11 places!
    Well done Brett !!
  12. misc

misc Dakar Tracker

Oddometer:
    Haha ;-) Remember the time we had only the pages with checkpoints on the official Dakar site years ago? If you were following 1 person you were clicking around for hours, CTRL+F find car, not there, try previous checkpoint... etc etc. Ages before you knew about 1 car. That was the main reason why I started this. But I did something wrong... everybody on my site wins time, but I lose 2 weeks haha hmm.... :huh
  13. troy safari carpente

Oddometer:

Yes Dr Mitcho... THAT's what marathon rallying is all about... at the grass roots level in any case! :lol3:clap

We must get ourselves some flatbill hats... wel me anyway... you're already stunning in your nurses outfit... :lol3

(TSC dissappears and goes off looking through the Tuareg 2011 photo archive... :evil)
  14. misc

misc Dakar Tracker

Oddometer:
    Maybe it's been discussed here already, but can anyone tell me why the finish times (ASS) on the checkpoints pages are exactly 1h20 behind the times on the live timing and results pages?
  15. Beer

Beer 950 SE

Oddometer:
    ha ha classic beers on me!!
  16. troy safari carpente

Oddometer:

I can see it also Mischa (had not noticed before you said) I cannot account for it other thatn to suggest maybe they have pulled the "nutralisation" time component out of the time to create the "scratch result for the stage rankings?

I went AWOL at WP6 and only just returned (well after most had arrived at the ASS) so it is only a guess/explanation as to why on my part.
  17. gagnaou

gagnaou Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Here is some information from the Freedom rallye racing FB page:

"Luis always wore a pink silicone wrist band in honor of his sister who died of cancer a few years ago. He cut a slither off the rubber bracelet and used that as a gasket! He put the cylinder head back on and believe it or not, The engine started!
    At this point Luis decided to take a “short cut” and incur the penalties of bypassing a couple of Check Points, rather than risk not arriving at the Finish Line at all. And he made it!! "

I cannot find exactly how much he would have been penalized by this (the rule book says refer to roadbook) but I am sure that is part of the penalities...
  18. zenjen

zenjen Go Outside

Oddometer:
    She (XSpearsX/Sandi) is the keeper of the Freedom Rally Racing FB page.
  19. misc

misc Dakar Tracker

Oddometer:
    I spent dunno how much time to find out what was wrong. I thought it was my fault, but no... haha... you fill in the rest ;-) But it's weird... if you add 1h20 on stage time then do it on all pages right? And if not on live timing okay, but it's in the checkpoints listing, but not in the standings. So, kinda strange to me. I wouldn't be surprised if they add it later to the other results as well...
  20. troy safari carpente

Oddometer:
    :thumb You do an awesome job mate... and dedicated to the back teeth! :clap