Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > The perfect line and other riding myths
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2014, 10:09 AM   #106
SloMo228
World Class Cheapass

Oddometer: 1,701
I have always been amazed by the sheer number of people who think that they are being unjustly, illegally, immorally, and unconstitutionally (add whatever other adjectives you want) persecuted by the government because they had to suffer the consequences of breaking the law when there were others who did the same and didn't get caught.

It's not a defense! You might get off the hook on that parking ticket but I'd almost guarantee it won't be because other people didn't get tickets too. I wouldn't advise trying to fight it at all, personally, but if you're set on it, I'd not lead with that excuse. You're just going to piss off the traffic court judge.

Good luck, though - I hate parking tickets and I hope you do get out from under that one.
SloMo228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 07:14 PM   #107
Newbedonnie
Banned

Oddometer: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbedonnie View Post
Hey DudeClone...did you get your day in court yet? I'm curious...
Still kinda curious, but did you ever get your day in court? Thanks in advance...
Newbedonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 06:22 AM   #108
High Country Herb
Adventure Connoiseur

Oddometer: 7,819
I guess I'm the oddball when it comes to red.

I have an extremely loud obnoxious red 68 Camaro that turns me into a complete lunatic every time I drive it. Drifting, burnouts, power shifts, yet they leave me alone. It isn't just me, either. My wife does the same.

We recently bought my wife a used midnight blue Audi TT for a commuter car, and I seem to get pulled over, red lighted, or sirened ever time I get behind the wheel. I don't what it is about that car. Maybe it has a computer that is telling on me?

When I bought my current bike, I had the choice between red or black, so I consulted my most experienced riding buddy; stealth black, or safety red? "Get the red", he says. "You can always outrun them." (Joking, of course.)
High Country Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 09:21 AM   #109
SloMo228
World Class Cheapass

Oddometer: 1,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Country Herb View Post
I guess I'm the oddball when it comes to red.

I have an extremely loud obnoxious red 68 Camaro that turns me into a complete lunatic every time I drive it. Drifting, burnouts, power shifts, yet they leave me alone. It isn't just me, either. My wife does the same.

We recently bought my wife a used midnight blue Audi TT for a commuter car, and I seem to get pulled over, red lighted, or sirened ever time I get behind the wheel. I don't what it is about that car. Maybe it has a computer that is telling on me?

When I bought my current bike, I had the choice between red or black, so I consulted my most experienced riding buddy; stealth black, or safety red? "Get the red", he says. "You can always outrun them." (Joking, of course.)
I bought a cheap beater '84 Porsche 944 a few months back to restore into a decent DD. When I got it, I figured I'd be cop bait everywhere I went, but I seem to get ignored. My best guess is probably a lot of traffic cops are also at least to some degree car/moto enthusiasts and maybe give a pass to the more interesting cars on the road. Just this morning I got ignored running over the speed limit on the freeway by a cop sitting in the median with a radar gun, but he jumped out and tagged the Audi behind me.

On second thought... maybe they just don't like Audis?
SloMo228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 09:27 AM   #110
High Country Herb
Adventure Connoiseur

Oddometer: 7,819
Quote:
Originally Posted by SloMo228 View Post

On second thought... maybe they just don't like Audis?
Maybe I should put a VW emblem on the front, and swap out those damn blue headlights.
High Country Herb is offline   Reply With Quote