Yes another canisterectomy question!!

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by superpimp, Mar 10, 2013.

1. superpimp

superpimp Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey guys i have been checking the canisterectomy threads but not really finding what i'm looking for.

I have a super enduro 2007 and want to take off the canister but not the SAS since i'm keeping original exhaust on it.On the KTM.info page they say not to remove the SAS if your keeping your OEM exhaust , because iit will cause internal damage to the CAT.

So a friend of mine showed me how to do it .But i still wondering if it done right.

They say you need to put two screws in the heads on the left side of the bike.
    That's done

Then... on the right side two tubes come out and are supposed to be plugged with a screw or a cap.This is where i'm confused.

On my Setup one hose is plugged with a screw and a retainer and the other goes and plugs up to the SAS that big valve behind the airbox.

Is that ok?

Most guys on the net plug both hoses, since the SAS valve is gone, but mine is being kept.

Thanks for the input
  2. Katoom119

Katoom119 Mmmm....Orange Kool-aid

Oddometer:
    The whole purpose of those side tubes is for when you sync the carbs. I would bet that plugging the one hose into the back of the airbox would throw off that cylinder's air/fuel ratio. Grab another screw and fix that tube like the other one, then cap the vent from the back of the airbox.
  3. KEELAYMONSTER

KEELAYMONSTER "Do one thing every day that scares you." KC

Oddometer:
    If you are keeping the SAS, then yes you leave the hose connected to the valve behind the air box and plug the other :deal
  4. Katoom119

Katoom119 Mmmm....Orange Kool-aid

Oddometer:
  5. KEELAYMONSTER

KEELAYMONSTER "Do one thing every day that scares you." KC

Oddometer:
    Are you keeping your SAS?

If so then leave the line on from the cylinder head to SAS valve behind the airbox. Plug the other line from the other cylinder.
  6. superpimp

Oddometer:
    Where do you guys get the caps?

Yep on the last tutorial the guys removed the EPC and the SAS.
    In my case it's only the EPC being removed.
  7. superpimp

Oddometer:
    thanks for the answer! i'm re-assured now that its plugged right.:clap