Radioman Rides the World.......

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Radioman, May 19, 2011.

1. jmcg

jmcg Turpinated..

Oddometer:
    :thumb

Great, as always.

JM.
  2. R-W

R-W Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks Mark! Great video. I love the beach ride sequence.

And hey... I like your windshield mascot. :D

Cheers! :freaky
  3. MortimerSickle

MortimerSickle Semi-Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Rainville, Orygun, where moss is a road hazard.
    You know 9 to 5 is going to really suck now, right? :D
  4. Questor

Questor More Undestructable

Oddometer:
    Nicely done Radioman.

Thanks for all the entertainment for those of us siting at our desks pretending to work.

:lol3

Q~
  5. SavannahCapt

SavannahCapt Long timer

Oddometer:
    Business News Flash-----production numbers continue on a downward trend as Radioman continues to ride the world.:deal
  6. InTheMuck

InTheMuck So it goes...

Oddometer:
    Amongst the has beens & the addicts (Milwaukee)
    Worth the wait! :thumb
  7. Radioman

Radioman Moto rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    Back to work :deal :lol3
  8. Radioman

Oddometer:
    :wave G Day IDave and Julie!
  9. Radioman

Oddometer:
    Ken, I have never worked 9-5 anyway :D
  10. Radioman

Oddometer:
    Thanks ! :wave to you two!
  11. Radioman

Oddometer:
    The ride on the beach with joe was great fun..... Was so hard cutting video back to just 5 minutes :lol3

The Penguin is from Antarctica and I have it in my bag since Hello Kitty finally torn apart in the wind :evil
  12. Radioman

Oddometer:
    :lol3
  13. Radioman

Oddometer:
    Well. The Weather outside is a bit rainy........ So I am catching up on Video editing, some logistics, and a couple other things that I will have to talk about later.

[​IMG]

Not hard to spend a little "down" time. Catch up with new friends, Makenna and Hamish for Sunday Brunch. And another friend for a quick bite to eat and interesting conversations.

Once again the generosity and friendship of the ADV community!

So have met up and am staying with (SYDADVGS) Russell and Nyree. Really great ADv riders that were in South America while I was there, just never crossed paths. So I have had to come to Australia to see them :evil

Had a great dinner with friends Paul and Lisa!

[​IMG]

I colorful meal, and very very tasty :dg

[​IMG]

More later....
  14. Idahosam

Idahosam Set Adrift

Oddometer:
    Hi'ya Mark :wave Just returned home and attempting to catchup, and well I must say you been one busy guy.:deal WOW! The amazing things you have seen and done there in Oz, and well Hell you haven't even gotten out of the southeast part of the country yet. :D

As usual amazing pictures, and I might add your kicking butt with the Video work too :clap Keep it up :freaky

Think I'll get ready to head out again soon....... maybe Canada for a spell.

Take care and as always I enjoy following along, Tu Amigo!

Sam
  15. Radioman

Oddometer:
    :wave Hola Amigo! Ride safe my friend. Enjoy the neighborhood to the north!

Still in Sydney. It is a rainy week here.... Working out some details and getting ready for the next steps. Took a walk about the Breakfast point area, along the Parramatta River. Lots of boats throughout the harbor.

[​IMG]

You can see the city in the distance.

[​IMG]

Many homes and Condos and Apartments in this area that once was a gas works. Still a few building that are part of the gasworks. Deemed "historic for their construction .... Interesting seeing the old and run down next to the new and shiny!

[​IMG]

Building awaiting rebuilding ..... Sitting idle with the elements taking a toll on them.

[​IMG]

Off to Sightsee again in the city, then headed to the blue mountains tomorrow as the weather will be clearing a bit!
  16. Radioman

Oddometer:
    So I have ended up staying a bit longer than expected in Sydney as I work out logistics about getting a new Hub replacement from Woody's Wheelworks in Colorado. Chris has been great to help me out and get a new one shipped out which will save me money.

So time to take a few walks around the place.

[​IMG]

And then a ferry Ride into Sydney CBD

[​IMG]

Ah. It has been raining hard for the past 4-5 days, so it is noce to have a bit of sunshine.

[​IMG]

And a last photo of the Sydney Monorail that is on it's last days. They are shutting it down, as it just does a loop around town and not doing much to move people like mass transit.

[​IMG]

Loving a little Blue sky!

[​IMG]

Then a visit to the Maritime Museum.

[​IMG]

Some interesting history ...including this homebuilt fastest boat in the world at over 300MPH

[​IMG]

Then a ride out to the Blue Mountains. With all the rain the rivers are full full. WOW.

[​IMG]

I arrived in Katoomba and stayed at a backpackers.

[​IMG]

On the way into town, a white van pulls over and waves at me to stop.... :huh

So then Paul says. Hey I have a F800GS as well. "where you going?" stop by my house for a coffee. Also have an extra bed if you want.... :deal But I had already arranged the Backpackers... so I stopped over to Pauls house for a coffee and a chat!

A few photos of course!

[​IMG]

Paul is from France but has lived here many years. He restores older Citron's .... And has a rather unique Motorbike built in France.

[​IMG]

As a matter of fact, a good article just came out in Old Bike Magazine Australia

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then I went back to town to grab a bit to eat. Had a great wood oven pizza in town. Yummy. :dg Best pizza I have had in a long time!

[​IMG]

The Backpackers has a good common area. Hung out with some of the young travelers and chatted. Ended up showing a few moto Videos from South America, India and having a great time encouraging these young people to live life to the fullest! :clap

[​IMG]

I even made one of my stickers quotes on the blackboard of wisdom!! :D

[​IMG]

So as I have stalled around in Sydney, it is interesting to note a few thoughts.

Long term travel is great, I am loving my adventure but some days you want to get "settle" down and relax a bit. :deal During this chapter I have had the normal ups and down that anyone has on a solo journey. I have talked about them off and on, since they are part of the trip. I know this adventure is a unique opportunity for which I am very grateful.

But I am a planner and think about the future. Not in a anxious or worrisome way but in that I hope to have another chapter after this. At some stage I will need to go back to work to be able to pay my bill.

That said. While in Sydney my Friends wife is a recruiter, and a job came up..... she says "you would be perfect for this" :huh She prints out the description of the job that has to do with Early onset Alzheimer's Disease here in Australia. I read it. Wow. Interesting. Seems to be a really good fit with my experiences and skills. :deal Am I interested ? :huh Let me sleep on it.

Next day. Interesting .... Lets talk more about the possibility of a job ... OK I will apply. They are interested. OK. At least let me talk with them to see if it is actually a good fit. :huh I know. (don't panic, the adventure is still on :D). Just need to share the story.

Was a bit of a scramble as the decision maker is leaving on holiday, and so is my friend the recruiter... They thought I might have an interview last Monday or Tuesday :norton But it did not happen. OK. Then they call and say they are looking for some other qualifications. OK cool.... Back to my adventure. Was fun to consider a couple year break while staying in Sydney, but I was torn with the adventure at hand. But one must consider new opportunities when they are available.

I get settled, that I am on my way again. All Good!

Then I get a text from a woman that I met and had a great conversation about Alzheimer's and related issues, and she is related to one of the decision makers about the job. :huh She told me she just called and told them they had to "had" to interview me :lol3 Funny how things work. So who knows. :wink:

I start riding north starting Saturday morning with SYDADVGS and some other riders. and will get my new rear wheel sorted out and installed in Brisbane.
  17. netsuke

netsuke netsuke

Oddometer:
    Ahh, the twist and turns of life...

Mark, I meant to ask you : what is the black flexible thingy that seems to be attached to your handlebar ? Can you tell us more about it please : usage, brand etc... ?
    thanks,
  18. Radioman

Oddometer:
    It is a camera mount for a still camera so I can take photos easily while riding. It is a Flex arm used in Lighting for photography and has a quick release swivel mounted on the end. Sort of pieced it together. I can find links later for you.
  19. BergDonk

BergDonk Old Enough to Know Better

Oddometer:
    I have a question for you too Mark.

The rear tyre you changed out in Cobar I think had been on since Bolivia. Correct? A Pirelli Scorpion Rally if I recall. Do you know how many kms it lasted?

Safe travels :freaky

Thanks
    Steve
  20. netsuke

netsuke netsuke

Oddometer:
    Thanks, Mark