Cheryl & Leslie's Triumph Tiger 800XC ADV to Alaska

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by soph9, Jun 12, 2011.

1. soph9

soph9 Would Love to ride ALL the TIME

Oddometer:
    Today we go home for real but not before we ride some of BC's finest back roads. Will take us about 8 hours to get home but we don't mind. The threat of rain seems to have past and now I see the good white fluffy clouds and blue sky. Hopefully we arrive home in the sun rather the way we left, in the pouring rain.

Hope to get some good pictures along the way so many of you can get a feel for our Province, British Columbia which is a very beautiful place to live and explore.
  2. Skinny Moose

Skinny Moose Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi ladies, I`ve been following along since the beginning and it looks like you`ve had a great trip. I think I might try those Heindau tires on my GS. How do they look now that you`re at the end of your trip and how much life if any do you think they have left? Too bad you have to give those bikes back, it sounds like you really like them...........cheers, Mike
  3. soph9

Oddometer:

The tires have a lot of life left in them...have a look at the rear over 13000 KM on them and hard KM's that is!

And we are going to try to find a way to keep these are get new Tiger's somehow.

[​IMG]
  4. soph9

Oddometer:
    <iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hBmzg1UCB9w" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="349" width="560"></iframe>

From July 14th 2011

Made it to Wiseman day one, stayed at Prudhoe Bay Motel day 2 and rode o Fairbanks from Deadhorse, 800 KM day 3. Lot's of rain of course.
  5. T.O. Eagle

T.O. Eagle n00b

Oddometer:
    Fantastic pics and commentary, thanks for taking the time and effort to help us share the trip and your thoughts on the Tiger.

I miss BC, but one of these days I hope to get to some of those northern roads, probably on a Tigger.

All the best, Chris
  6. soph9

Oddometer:
    In 70 Mile House. The Bonaparte Road was a great way to start the day. Taking pics and videos of our last day, day 41 on the road.

---
    - Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. WillDieSoon

WillDieSoon Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Finally got caught up on your RR. I see by your Spot you are almost home.

Congrats on the completing your adventure!
  8. soph9

Oddometer:
    :eek1 Not sure what to make of being home....surreal....a bit of a downer?? Not sure yet....but one thing we are arrived safely, no accidents, I can now say no flats, tires look good and most importantly our dogs and cat look great! Mega final update tomorrow and then I will work on expenses as many have asked and how all the gear etc worked out. For now...good night!
  9. Backcountryboy

Backcountryboy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for a great thread. My riding buddy and I rode up to Hyder and onto Skagway in June and your ride made us very envious. Well done and wonderfully written. Looking forward to your next adventure.
  10. enduro0125

enduro0125 Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer:
  11. Bill Harris

Bill Harris Confirmed Curmudgeon

Oddometer:
    You may be closet poseurs... :lol3 One trip is a prelude to the next trip.
  12. Aussie Trev

Aussie Trev aka DRTrev

Oddometer:
    G'Day,

So, what am I going to do over here in Oz while eating breakfast now?? I've been drooling over your RR every day whilst at the same time thinking about a Tiger XC (might wait on that while they work out the problems). Glad to hear your both home and well........enjoyed all of it.

cheers :clap
  13. Bobby95

Bobby95 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Cheryl & Leslie, This has been a great trip for you and me as I follow you on the thread. Glad you had a safe trip and are home so you can plan your next strip. I for one really enjoyed it and all the pictures. They were greats. I was there in 98 and will never forget it. Ride with Godspeed. Thanks. Bobby95 03 KLR
  14. Daytonacharlie

Daytonacharlie 2 Wheeled Backpacker

Oddometer:
  15. bESS

bESS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Cheryl & Leslie:

I have followed your ride from beginning to end (and also your ride East last year). You are truly adventure riders. I love your photography and the ease in which you convey your thoughts. Sorry that I don't post much. I can only imagine the feelings you have now that you are home and soon back to your normal routines.

you made it back safe and sound and luckily uneventful except for the throttle problems. Congrats on a great ride and for letting us ride along through your photos

bob
  16. Hellfish

Hellfish Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Great ride. Thanks for taking the time to share it with us.

:thumbup
  17. Cariboostrom

Cariboostrom Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi Cheryl and Leslie. I'm glad to hear you made it back safely, and had no problems with the chains! It was great to meet you in Quesnel. I reallyl enjoyed your ride report.
    Danielle
  18. Dabears

Dabears Long Timer

Oddometer:
    Great ride report! Happy to hear you made it back safe. Thanks to both of you for taking us along for the ride and for sharing so many wonderful pictures. You put a lot into this report. Well done![​IMG]
  19. soph9

Oddometer:
    Thanks everyone....will have yesterdays ride up later tonight. First day home and we are both very quiet. We know it was not a very long trip day wise but it was sure a life experience. We both are inside our heads thinking and pondering what we do next. Who knows I mean the world is out there isn't it?

And....many have asked what is going to happen with the bikes...your guess is as good as ours...we have no idea yet. Waiting for the big guys at triumph Canada to give us direction but again for the record, we want Tigers in our garage some how.:lol3 Oh and the bikes are almost showroom clean!
  20. VikB

VikB Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is there enough differentiation between your BMW GS's and the Tigers to keep both?...:evil