Advice for renting a bike in Prague

Discussion in 'EMEA' started by wkbogie, May 19, 2014.

1. wkbogie

wkbogie Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey guys,
    I am tagging along on a work trip with my wife. :clap We will be in Prague during the first week or two in July. Does anyone know of a good place that is not too expensive in Prague? I am prob looking to rent a bike for a few days for day trips and just having fun.
    I am from North Carolina, USA, so any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks!
  2. catweasel67

catweasel67 RD04

Oddometer:
    Asking here's a good idea and I hope you get some responses but you could benchmark prices by asking some, or all of the local Triumph, BMW, Big 4 and Harley dealers how much rental would be.
  3. wkbogie

wkbogie Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Great idea. I will call some local NC dealers and feel out the prices. I was hoping someone would know a small shop that would be more flexible on prices or rental/return times.
  4. PFFOG

PFFOG Richard Alps-aholic Supporter

Oddometer:
    Western NY, further from NYC than 6 entire states
    Was just there a few weeks ago, rented in Munich and rode there, so I can't help with rentals.

BUT, the riding is nothing to write home about. There are main roads, that are decent, but off the main roads the roads are rough, not that twisty, and the terrain is like the foot hills of NC, nothing majestic. I had a couple day loops planned out before arriving as the wife had 5 days of business in Prague, I did one, and after that canned plans for the others. Yes it does get you out of the city, but that is all I can say about it.

I saved my seat time for the 8 days after Prague, in Austria, Slovenia and Italy.