High Desert Plated Dirt Bike Rides

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by Jeff aka BOLT, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Kap

Kap Single Track Scalpel

Oddometer:
    We've got to get together MM, I'm on call next week end but off the next 5 week ends. Maybe some foothills eh?
  2. cbig

cbig Rift- Raft, SCooter Trash

Oddometer:
    :d
  3. Mojave Mutt

Mojave Mutt Long timer

Oddometer:
    Man thats alot of call. We only do a week of call every 5 weeks at the water agency I work for here in the desert.

Had knee surgery this past Tuesday to clean up miniscus tears. Off the bike until after Thanksgiving.

My next ride is Minneola/Rasor on 12/15. Wish it was next weekend, looks like some wet weather could be coming our way.
  4. junglemototours

junglemototours trailplug

Oddometer:
    What about the river? Happy says he's waiting on you? I'm hoping my knee is ready by the 17th....I'm jonesing to ride - I don't have any hillbilly heroin but there will be alcohol, after the ride.:deal

And no, I'd never drink on a mutt ride but I will roll in chollas beforehand.:eek1
  5. Mojave Mutt

Mojave Mutt Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sore knees suck! Do you truck or ride from the AVI? I've ridden from there a few times, always on the plated 4 stroke.Would love to ride my 300 smoker out there. Lots of fun trails just south of HWY 163 east of HWY 95. You know what I'm talking about John.

Done some big loops from Avi up to Searchlight for lunch and fuel. Last time I was out that way we explored in those mountains South of Cottonwood and east of that Coast Guard Loran Station. Found some awesome singletrack in there . Saw alot of other trails but ran out of light.

My last trip there maybe 2-3 years ago when we went in late January. Had spectacular wet dirt for 3 days and sunny 70 degree weather. Cant beat AVI for a ride destination, great riding, cheap rooms during the week and decent food.

Damn, I have to get back out there when my knee heals!!
  6. Windrat

Windrat just a poser

Oddometer:
    good see everybodys having fun...

i try not to set rules for riding...

i going to the desert in dec
  7. slidewayes

slidewayes slidewayes

Oddometer:
    I like the idea of no rules that why I ride off road mainly ,see I Like to slide, wheelie and twist the throttle and still have a clean DMV been doing this for 45+ years tried to expand my group met some cool people hear BUT the the rules and whining keep popping up don't do this no that so back to my small circle . that said going to D/V thanksgiving weekend FRI. to SUN. with my son ass much dirt as possible with the big bikes and as much Booze I can carry All welcome !Ther will be a squid filter first 50 or so MI. so you can weed your self out or not.
  8. Jeff aka BOLT

Jeff aka BOLT Prefer Saturdays

Oddometer:
    You got the right idea... You go on rides you think fit you... and stay away from those that don't... and post up your rides with your honest expectations just like you did.

That way everyone rides with like minded folks... has a great time... no internet drama required ! :thumb
  9. Off Limits

Off Limits Banned

Oddometer:
    I'm going to steal that: squid filter, that's funny.
  10. slidewayes

slidewayes slidewayes

Oddometer:
    Haft to give credit to MR JIMMY LEWIS for that one
  11. Jeff aka BOLT

Oddometer:
    Squid Filters are as old as dirt bikes.
  12. Off Limits

Off Limits Banned

Oddometer:
    It's funny, actually growing up riding the desert, camping every thanksgiving and what not. Really never rode with new riders until I got a dual sport and found Internet chat room rides.
  13. Cannabinoid

Cannabinoid Banned

Oddometer:
    fixed
  14. RAZR

RAZR u may run the risks my friend but I do the cutting

Oddometer:
    Mojave Mutt actually is a great guy and not some stuffy guy.

his request is understood, cuz there is not much time to drink beers and the riding is difficult and quick.

i like a trail beer or two on rides BUT i don't NEED it. i'll drink at lunch or after the ride. no prob.

and knowing the few that have spoken up about "rules", you wouldn't be able to keep up with Mojave Mutt or his riding buddies. he's fast. and smooth.

now, LET'S RIDE :ricky
  15. Mojave Mutt

Mojave Mutt Long timer

Oddometer:
    A few sprinkles in Apple Valley earlier today, but not enough. Right now it's gettin pretty ugly with winds really starting to kick in.

Hopefully this storm will bring some desert rain. My bet is on snow and rain in the local higher elevation foothills, with good riding there this weekend. Suday would be my pick for best ride day with diminished winds and sunny skies.
  16. Cannabinoid

Cannabinoid Banned

Oddometer:
    fixed
  17. Jeff aka BOLT

Oddometer:
    When one guy throws out a public apology it is never cause he feels 100% wrong. It is a sign of good will. Others should take it as such and not kick him at that moment. Can we all let this bullshit drop now.

It's like a slow motion coyote attack... and the rabbit already left town... drop it already. :rofl
  18. Jeff aka BOLT

Oddometer:
    I got almost nothing... big black clouds over Barstow though. It must have gotten wet at Irwin.
  19. pcvance

pcvance Walk Verplank

Oddometer:
    It's raining with hail here on the western slope, coming you're way soon...
  20. Mojave Mutt

Mojave Mutt Long timer

Oddometer:
    Seems to me this storm is gonna be a bust for our area. Just alot of wind.
    We''ll see what happens overnight.