Last Minute Trip to Austin.... Need Ideas!!

Discussion in 'Tejas and the Gulf States' started by Boredsurfer, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Boredsurfer

Boredsurfer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What's up YFF's!!!:

I just booked a last minute trip to Austin (my sister's last-minute wedding/ elopement-type ceremony):clap.

I will be in Austin from Thurs Aug 28th till Tues Sept 2nd. Does anyone have any ideas about Bike Rentals in the Austin area? I found a place but a 2 day rental (mandatory) is gonna run about $450 (before gas):huh

Even better, I would love to do a "Ride-Swap" with someone here: i.e. maybe a 1.5 day ride thru West Texas Hill Country in exchange for someone doing a 1.5/2 day ride up the PCH on my bike at a future date (I live in LA).

It's a long shot I know, but you never know till you ask. :1drink

This should be interesting.....
  2. Boredsurfer

Boredsurfer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    36 views - no replies... I guess thats my answer :rofl

No rental shops surprises me though....
  3. trm

trm TRM

Oddometer:
    Austin and San Antonio dont have any rental only shops (Eagle Rider like), only the HD dealers, I believe Cowboy HD on I 35 has rentals probably even a Buell Ulysses. I know the HD dealers in SA do as well.

If you can locate a bike here's my recommendation, head west from Austin on 290 to Fredericksburg, then down 16 to Kerrville, take 27/39 towards Hunt and eventually around to US83 and down to Leakey and ride 337 back to Medina and Bandera. Then spend the night and do the south part of the the "3's" and back to Austin the next day. I think you'll find this ride to be worth the ride regardless of the bike.

If you only want to do a 1 day ride, start from San Antonio. If you have any questions please feel free to email me. (tom_meeks@yahoo.com)

Also, please be on the look out for deer the Hill Country is full of them, and parts of the "3's" are being resurfaced so look for gravel.
  4. Burro X

Burro X no static at all

Oddometer:
  5. Trail Boss

Trail Boss World's fastest slowrider

Oddometer:
    There is a new rental company in the Austin area renting KLR and other adventure motorcycles.

Here's the link: http://www.hillcountrymotorcyclerentals.com/