lowering 1150 GSA passenger footpegs

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by kootenay kid, Jan 23, 2008.

1. kootenay kid

kootenay kid Lets Ride

Oddometer:
    Did a search and not much out there. I sat my wife on the bike tonite and told her to put her feet where she was comfortable. It turned out to be a couple inches lower and about 3 " ahead. Although this seems drastic, I got my daughter to climb on so I could see how the rider and passenger feet fit together. It appeared fine so based on that I am about to fab my own brackets.
    Looking at it from all angles it seems it will work. But I know that when you load the bike with rider, passenger nd luggage, not only are you leaning but the suspension compresses and some strange geometry takes place. All the after market kits seem to only move the pegs a small amount. So my question is, has anyone got any experience or facts as to just how far you can move the pegs with out any danger of dragging them or screwing up the geometry of the bike. Any info would be great as the project gets underway tomorrow.
  2. ravencr

ravencr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm interested in the same thing for my 2004 1150GSA. Anyone know of anything made for this?

Chris
  3. bigdon

bigdon Long timer

Oddometer:
    I am looking for the same thing! If I could get the Wifes knees more comfortable on the 1150 Adventure , I could sell the GL1800.:D
  4. Norsman

Norsman ...a GSophile

Oddometer:
    I would like the same thing... what aftermarket part did you determine was too short?
  5. Pappy541

Pappy541 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You are in luck. I have a 2004 GS Adventure and had the same problem.
    The answer is Fastway foot pegs. They are larger that stock and are adjustable. After getting some for the wife I got some for the front. Very good product.
    I forgot where I got them but will try to find out.

Also there is another thread going on right now on fastway foot pegs, give it a look.
  6. Norsman

Norsman ...a GSophile

Oddometer:
    Fastways lower about one inch... I think he is talking about moving the passenger peg by three inches. I agree though... the fastways are nice, and very comfortable.
  7. ravencr

ravencr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm just going to make my own, because of the ones I've seen, they're way too expensive.

Chris