Super Ténéré 1200 OFF ROAD preparations and experiences thread

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by jaumev, Jun 8, 2012.

1. jaumev

jaumev Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeah I’m a bit worried... I'm thinking to put some stickers o top of the existing ones... :huh

Mmm this is tempting, I like virgins…. :lol3
  2. NitroChimp

NitroChimp n00b

Oddometer:
  3. jaumev

jaumev Long timer

Oddometer:
  4. twinrider

twinrider Pass the catnip

Oddometer:
  5. Tim

Tim Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm afraid that that happens a lot of the time. Just like many U.S vendors are blind to the fact that there is a world beyond the U.S.A (although I find that it is getting better of late), so too, many European vendors are blind to the world (and the possibility of sales) beyond the E.U.
  6. LoneTraveler

LoneTraveler Captain Zoomtastic

Oddometer:
    Wow, Jaumev, she looks beautiful! Amazing what one can do with these bikes!
    :clap
  7. jaumev

jaumev Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeah.., she is really sexy!! .... and works incredible well :evil :clap
  8. jaumev

jaumev Long timer

Oddometer:
    I know Ausió and I'm sure they are going to solve this, great guys, good service.
    They are just starting to sell abroad and the web wasn’t prepared to this.
  9. twinrider

Oddometer:
    I hope I hear back from them, no word yet. Had a similar experience with None Racing. Registered on their site in late November and sent an email asking them when the production model would be ready for sale and what the decibel rating was. Oscar replied the next day saying he'd send the info and that was the last I heard from them.
  10. twinrider

Oddometer:
    Thought I'd post that Oscar got back to me yesterday. Hope I hear from Ausio, I would really like to get those stickers.

Edit: Ausio got back to me today, seem like they will invoice me by paypal to get around the vat. :clap
  11. jaumev

jaumev Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sorry I’m very busy at work these days so I’m not looking much the forum.

I’m glad you hear from Ausió, show us how the stickers look!

Last week I talked with Oscar from None. They have been very busy with the Dakar bikes but they hope first production will be ready 5th February.
    Once it be ready they asked me to do new Dyno and phono test and a install video, so all the specs will be accurate.
    I will post when that happens.

Cheers
  12. daveburton

daveburton Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Your bike is the best modified motorcycle I have ever seen. It is neat, well thought out in terms of what was needed to achieve your objectives and tested to ensure fit for purpose design.

Are you interested in a ride in ride out set of similar mods or would the dealer consider that as a business proposal.

If you had a pick list I think you have a business opportunity to some extent especially since you can advise on what mods would suit a customer need.

The quality of the changes are incredibly professional.

Let me know your thoughts as I might be interested in riding my UK bike to Spain to get something done. I ride 2 up a lot so I would want hard bags and passenger accommodation retained. The ride height would need to stay about the same, at least the seat height as I need to be able to touch down.

Let me know your thoughts.

Even if none of the above is possible it's been entertaining reading.

Thanks for a very interesting thread.
  13. jaumev

jaumev Long timer

Oddometer:
    Whow! Thank you very much... I’m very please you like the bike such a lot!!
    Really, I have a good time doing the mods.. and with the result.

I’ve never had any business proposal when I started but now I like to see that some of the parts are in production, I see this as an exchange with the people who helped me in the development.

Because the bike is almost finish and you aren’t the only one to ask me this, I had the idea to do summary of all the steps, so you can have an idea in which mods suits you and which ones you can do it for yourself. These days I’m having a very busy time at work but in a couple of weeks I have the idea to do it (hope so…).

I’m sure the dealer would be interested to work in your bike (off course he helped me with a business proposal), in fact he has all the parts to do it, so its only necessary you tell him witch changes you want to do.

No problem to retain accommodation for 2 up, all the modifications allowed the standard foot pegs and hard bags. Concerning to the height I’m 1,78 metres tall and reach the floor quite well but you can decide if you want the 21” front wheel and extended rear suspension which makes the bike higher. I reduced a bit the seat but I think is possible to do it more, that point must be look better.

So, tell me if you like I introduce you with the dealer, and if you come to Spain come with time enough to have a test ride with the two bikes!! :beer
  14. jaumev

jaumev Long timer

Oddometer:
    No words, unfortunately in ACD are very busy developing farkles for the new KTM 1200…they hope it's going to sell better than the Super Ténéré… :dog

I hope when they have time they can work in the crash bars and with some hard bags which I need for a long trip I’m planning….:evil
  15. daveburton

daveburton Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Buen idea, si tienes las detalles por la empresa que ayuda con la moto estara excelente, estoy serio acerca de algunos cosas, la rueda por ejemplo.

Estoy en sud america ya pero pienso que estaremos en europa em abril.

Puedo sobrevivir en espanol mas o menos entonces pienso que puedo manejar las conversaciones con la empresa.

gracias y saludos,

dave
  16. WARRIORPRINCEJJ

WARRIORPRINCEJJ Forsaken

Oddometer:
    I've been wanting to ask this since Wolfman posted it; Can anyone tell me what skidplate this is?...

17. simmons1

simmons1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Looks like Hepco & Becker to me.
  18. WARRIORPRINCEJJ

WARRIORPRINCEJJ Forsaken

Oddometer:

Gracias. :beer

19. jaumev

jaumev Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi! I told the dealer about your interest, here is his email: cescausio@motosausio.com.
    Your Spanish is excellent but if you prefer he speaks English quite well.

Saludos!
  20. jaumev

jaumev Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yuk! :puke1

This Hepco & Becker looks like a frying pan compared to my ACD skid plate.... and wait when I finished the last mod...:evil

:lol3:lol3