3nd Ride to Pioneer Town (Socal) 10/1/11

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by sito, Sep 12, 2011.

1. BiggieFalls

BiggieFalls b00b

Oddometer:
    These FFs pulled up alongside me on the 15 North. It was going to be a fun day.
    [​IMG]

Looks like it will probably end up being another KTM rally.
    [​IMG]

Why does johngil look so happy?
    [​IMG]

Because this is right behind him. That thing even looks fast in the back of a truck.
    [​IMG]

Here's a better look at it. :tb
    [​IMG]

KTami has arrived and is ready to ride.
    [​IMG]

Along with DannyG
    [​IMG]

The guy on the left (slidewayes) heard this was going to be a fast group so he came to join us. His idea of fast is faster than ours. It was nice to meet you Dan.
    [​IMG]

This is half of our initial group of 10. Sito, not wanting to miss any of the fun, joined up with us here also.
    [​IMG]

By the time I got to the end of one of Sito's sand washes (which he incidentally left his mark on), most of the riders hadn't shown up yet. I had waited for a while back near the beginning to take pictures but no one came by. I figured they opted for the street bypass. Ends up they were waiting for the guy in the middle (slidewayes), who had blown past them early on.
    [​IMG]

More riders started to show up. Eventually we were missing only DannyG. We thought he might be having an issue with his radiator but he was still trying to locate slidewayes.
    [​IMG]

Here comes DannyG. Everyone's ready to roll again.
    [​IMG]

On Coxey Rd. KTami and slidewayes were having some fun.
    [​IMG]

Followed by DannyG.
    [​IMG]

Scorpion and El Zorrillo.
    [​IMG]

Riddler990 and PJH66.
    [​IMG]

PJH66 and johngil.
    [​IMG]

Johngil and Jason.
    [​IMG]

Jason, who we picked up along the way and dragged him all the way to Pioneertown with us.
    [​IMG]

When we got to Big Pine Flats everyone found a shady place to wait for the campers. I opted to ride to Crab Flats and make sure everyone was up and moving.
  2. nsfw

nsfw Death Valley Noobs Rally Super Supporter

Oddometer:

nice meeting you eric and i can't believe you made it to pt. t6/3n34 is very challenging on the way up, but your determination had prevailed.........:clap

hard for the viewing public to visualize what you meant with "few more miles left"........:huh
    [​IMG]

mangled handlebar and broken levers.....:cry
    [​IMG]

peek-a-boo.....:lol3
    [​IMG]
  3. nsfw

nsfw Death Valley Noobs Rally Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    i don't think so. john was fast like a nascar pitman, before sito could react. he immediately grabbed eric's rear once the other eric (bigbearrider) kept everything in balance.
    [​IMG]

as soon eric pulls the bad tube out of the tire, empty cans and beer bottles came out with it too. damit eric, you still wondering why you had a punctured tube............:lol3
    [​IMG]

seriously, i'm proud that we have a good group of PPs always there for each other.
  4. BiggieFalls

BiggieFalls b00b

Oddometer:
    Yep, he immediately whipped out his tool and got that nut off in a hurry. It must have been a long time since he got to do a rear.

Absolutely. And anyone who thinks I was serious when I said "except Sito", I wasn't. It was a joke. Sito is ALWAYS the first one to lend a hand to fix someone's bike, especially flats. It was probably all he could do to stop himself from coming over and doing it for me. He had just helped me fix my dangling pipe 30 miles earlier at Pappy and Harriet's.
  5. Luv2putt

Luv2putt RETIRED!!

Oddometer:
    Got home about 10 am this morning, had the camp to myself last night. Talk about quiet. What a nice weekend! It was great riding with y'all, especially since they were marathon rides. I'll get some picks up later, right now I gotta head to work.

Get well quick Ami!
  6. BigBearRider

BigBearRider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    No. I was on a Suzuki. I was having difficulties, but didn't see any bikes on that trail Saturday morning.
  7. BiggieFalls

BiggieFalls b00b

Oddometer:
    I got to Crab Flats just as all the campers were leaving. I tried to get in front of the guys in time to get pictures at the water crossing but was too slow. Further down the road I caught luv2race riding his 990 like he stole it. X2

...Wait, doesn't he ride a DR650? Maybe he did steal it.
    [​IMG]

There were a couple of guys chasing him.
    [​IMG]

Here's FYYFF.
    [​IMG]

And h8chains.
    [​IMG]

Tex_downey on his new Dakar.
    [​IMG]

Loner loning.
    [​IMG]

FYYFF again.
    [​IMG]

Tex_downey on the Dakar.
    [​IMG]

Loner. Hi Paul.
    [​IMG]

JohnF.
    [​IMG]

H8chains.
    [​IMG]

Luv2race.
    [​IMG]

KLRrob?
    [​IMG]

By the time we got to Big Pine Flats we had at least 21 riders. This would be the first and last time they would all be together.
    [​IMG]

Counting BigBearRider who we met up with while getting gas and Riceless and Nowwhat who we met up with at Pioneertown that makes 24 riders that I can think of. Plus we had spafxer at Pioneertown with a support vehicle.
  8. vanillatrevor

vanillatrevor Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Are you still talking about the flat? I may have to rethink joining these overnight trips...
  9. tex_downey

tex_downey Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Just drink away the pain. you wont feel a thing in the morning.
  10. BigBearRider

BigBearRider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nice meeting you too, as well as all the others. I had a blast.
  11. FYYFF

FYYFF Forever young...

Oddometer:
    Hey Eric,

Good to see you for a brief moment on the trail. I was hoping to see you at the camp on Sat. night but I guess you went back home. I also sent you an SMS. Hope to ride with you again sometime soon.
  12. BiggieFalls

BiggieFalls b00b

Oddometer:
    Johngil and I waited at a corner to make sure everyone made it toward Van Dusen.

Here's M1Jeep X2
    [​IMG]

Slidewayes X2
    [​IMG]

Loner X2
    [​IMG]

Tex_downey
    [​IMG]

FYYFF
    [​IMG]

JohnF X2
    [​IMG]

H8chains
    [​IMG]

Riddler990 and PJH66
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

We waited there for a while but the others never showed. Eventually luv2race showed and waited while John and I went ahead. We found this guy waiting at the Corner of Van Dusen. John and I told him what we knew then went in to town for gas.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

We waited at the gas station for a while where we met BigBearRider who was ready to throw in the towel after a rough morning riding T6 alone on a slick. Little did we know that what was left of the original plan was falling to pieces as we were drinking our gatorades.
  13. fudgypup

fudgypup Banned

Oddometer:
    Tex, that is a great bike! How'd you like it? jealous? nah :nah okay, maybe a little
  14. BiggieFalls

BiggieFalls b00b

Oddometer:
    John and I waited for a while at the gas station. No one showed up. We then rode beyond the next gas station and there wasn't a bike to be found. John and BigBearRider rode up to the trailhead while I backtracked up Van Dusen. When I found h8chains, he had already backtracked to the previous stop and found no one. Joel went to get gas and then continued to the trail head. I went around the North side of the lake to get to the trailhead faster where I expected to find everyone waiting for us. Not a single bike was there except John and BigBearRider. We checked every street on the East side of Baldwin lake for bike tracks and none were to be found. I love it when a plan falls apart. After wasting at least an hour trying to figure out where everyone had gone we said puck it and started heading toward Pioneertown. We figured that KTami and luv2race must have gone to the hospital because Ami had fallen during the last section. We also figured that the rest of the riders just continued on there way. It was just h8chains, johngil, BigBearRider and myself.

BigBearRider
    [​IMG]

Johngil
    [​IMG]

H8chains
    [​IMG]

BigBearRider crossing a small puddle.
    [​IMG]

H8chains X2
    [​IMG]

Johngil X2
    [​IMG]

Along the way we found a few riders waiting for some other riders. None of them were even on the right road. We still had no idea what was going on so we just continued to Pioneertown. When we got there, only about half of the riders were there. While eating lunch, we found out that Ami was, in fact, in the hospital. Only it wasn't due to the fall we knew of, it was because of a fall he had later.

After lunch at Pappy & Harriet's, sito and I made an effort to secure my muffler. Thanks sito for the help and spafxer for the wire and PJH66 for the cutters. With an ADVrider group, someone will always have what you need. Due to time constraints, I didn't ask if anyone was carrying a mig welder.

Scorpion, johngil and spafxer
    [​IMG]

PJH66
    [​IMG]

JohnF and scorpion
    [​IMG]

Jason and El Zorrillo
    [​IMG]

H8chains. Still a little warm.
    [​IMG]

Sito and BigBearRider. Finally they meet.
    [​IMG]

Riddler990, riceless950 and sito.
    [​IMG]

On the way back we finally crossed paths with most of the rest of the riders. They were moving, trying to get to Pappy & Harriet's before they switched to the dinner menu. I don't suspect they had much light on their way back.

The group I was with hit the puddle again.

El Zorrillo
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Riddler990
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

PJH66
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And sito, the winner of the Big Splash Award.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just before getting back to the street, I ran over a nail. After killing 2 new tubes, the nail was discovered, making the third one a little more successful. Thanks for all of the help guys. At least it wasn't hot and we had a good jack. Although I had wanted to stay in town and ride Sunday, by the time I got to Big Bear I just wanted to get home before something else went wrong with my bike. I could always coast down the mountain then get a tow if necessary. Luckily I had no issues on the 100 trip home, mostly in the dark.

All in all, I had a great day of riding with a lot of friends and would do it again in a second. I hope everyone else enjoyed it also with the possible exception of Ami.
  15. tex_downey

Oddometer:

yeah its not really a bike you wake up in the middle of the night and go out and buy. but I really like it. I did 150 miles all offroad and id did 51mpg. :evil the nobbies help and by the end of the weekend i was able to keep up.

I like it so much im off to wash it, dont tell FFYFF. Ill never hear the end of it.
  16. FYYFF

FYYFF Forever young...

Oddometer:
    :ear :ear :ear
  17. tex_downey

Oddometer:

I even used the Soapy brush. its nice and clean now. :clap
  18. FYYFF

FYYFF Forever young...

Oddometer:
    What what what whaaaaaaat!!!!!!
    Shame on you... :ddog
    What happened to all that "it is a dirt bike, this is adventure/off-road riding" speeches???
  19. tex_downey

Oddometer:

Its just for maintence, and upkeep. Im just looking for oil leaks and this and that.

I pulled my air filter today also and man i ate a lot of dust. :puke1
  20. FYYFF

FYYFF Forever young...

Oddometer:
    Jajajaja... Next thing you know you spend 2 hours every weekend at your local Starbucks watching your BMW parked outside... :rofl