Just sayin 650 Burgman

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by hapbob, Jan 11, 2013.

1. hapbob

hapbob Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This is more fun than you think!!!!!!
    [​IMG]
  2. InlineSkate

InlineSkate Adventurer

Oddometer:
    How does it ride?
  3. gec343

gec343 Long timer

Oddometer:

I like it. It looks far better than Gold Wing trikes!!:thumb
  4. Warney

Warney Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Needs some Truck Nutz.:lol3
  5. JerryH

JerryH Vintage scooter/motorcycle enthusiast Supporter

Oddometer:
    As the owner of a 2 wheeled Goldwing, I have to agree about Goldwing trikes. Not much uglier than one of those. And to me they would be dangerous, I'd probably flip one in the first corner.

Having ridden a Burg 650 around a parking lot, they feel a lot like a Goldwing to me. I am reaching the point where a Goldawing is a bit much for me around town and in parking lots, but I have decided to go with a smaller motorcycle rather than a maxi scooter, and keep my small (125-150cc) scooters.
  6. fullmetalscooter

fullmetalscooter Let me take this duck off

Oddometer:
    All depends if the toe in etc is done right then it can't be much more dangerous then a sidecar.
  7. hapbob

hapbob Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This trike rides like a champ smooth and fast...No worries
    Much cheaper than goldwing...much 20K less!
  8. hapbob

hapbob Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Its a scooter with a trailer...
  9. gec343

gec343 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yes, it is. I cannot imagine any police officer bothering you with that rig. I'll bet it's a hoot to ride!!:nod
  10. JerryH

JerryH Vintage scooter/motorcycle enthusiast Supporter

Oddometer:
    If the extra 2 wheels are removable, like a Voyager kit, then it is indeed legal, as a 2 wheeled scooter, since the extra wheels are not a permanent part of it's design. But as far as a 4 wheeled motorcycle, it seems like a quad might fit that description, and I had a street legal quad for about 3 years. It did not come from the factory that way, but all I had to do was put a mirror, horn, and license plate light on it (it already had head, tail, and brake lights) and they gave me a street legal title for it. It cost me less than $100 a year to insure it. There are a lot of street legal quads and dirt bikes in my state, it is easy to do, because there really is no such thing as off road here, unless it is on private property. If it is on public property, then it must be street legal.

The Voyager kit is popular among Goldwing riders, and I've never heard of anyone having any legal problems with them. They are considered more of an outrigger, kind of like training wheels on a kids bike. You do have to have an actual motorcycle license to ride a vehicle like that, while a true trike only requires a drivers license.
  11. DarthJ

DarthJ Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Jerry, have you tried a Victory? The Cross Country might be a good fit. It's lighter than the Goldwing (765 lbs) has ABS standard and is very nimble yet has a lot of power available. You can rent from Scottsdale Victory, they have Cross Country, Cross Country Tour and Visions available for rent. They have some nice used ones for sale too. Also, Mesa Victory know someone in town who can cut an inch or so off the seat. That'll make it a bit easier to back up.
  12. CGameProgrammer

CGameProgrammer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I guess we're off topic but regarding the Cross Country, I've test-ridden one a few times. It does feel very light at stops because it's so well balanced and with a low seat and CoG, and there's an optional reverse kit you can buy from Victory if you need power reverse. It does have very good lean angles for a cruiser though I wouldn't call it nimble, unless the tires were not fully inflated when I rode it. However I definitely would not call it fast.
  13. DarthJ

DarthJ Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Fast enough. That 1700cc engine's peppy enough. Won't outrun a sportbike but Harleys are left in the lurch. As to lean angles, they'll scrape the boards, on YouTube there's some videos of cops putting the police versions through their paces. One video had them running up and down stairs!