WestFest 2011 - Darby ReDo - Official info & signup thread

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by WestFest, Jan 18, 2011.

1. WestFest

WestFest n00b

Oddometer:
    Here you go, the official WestFest thread for 2011. We had so much fun in Darby, Montana in 2010 that we’re going to do it there again this year

Added 2/3/11 - Good news! :clap The Unofficial Organizing Committee of the Montana 1000 has offered up another week long unorganized self-guided tour that starts in Darby on the Sunday before WF11, and gets you back by Friday for the start of WF. Check out the MT1k v2.1 thread HERE and the website HERE We'll work again with the Logger Folks and others for parking, etc. I think the Budget Motel has said they are willing to work with people who are staying there on parking in their lot.

When? Friday through Sunday, July 22-24. Show up on Friday, leave on Sunday.

Where? Darby Logger Grounds in Darby Montana. It’s on the south side of town, right about HERE

What? Some good eats and beverages. A place to pitch your tent or park your camper (It’s dry camping - no hookups) Fantastic riding in the Bitterroot Valley and surrounding area. Heck, you could even check out the MT1000 route from last year. It’s a great gravel and scenic road ride.

How much? $65.00 per person. Paypal would be easiest. Please send a Personal payment to WestFest11 at Yahoo.com. Make sure to include your ADV screen name in the transaction.

If you need another payment method (an address to send a check to, etc) send a PM to WestFest and I can work with you.

Please note - In order to make this work, you must have your payment in no later than June 15. No refunds after that date. I would really appreciate payment as early as you can as we have to put in the deposit on the Logger Grounds in Mid-May and we will need to get food ordered, etc. Your help is appreciated.

Wanna T-Shirt?
    Fattees will once again be the official T-Shirt vendor for WestFest. We'll get a link up to the ordering site when we get a bit closer to July.

What else?
    We are planning on having showers available at the school just up the road. The Logger Grounds folks said the would be checking on the showers to see if they could have both cold and hot water this year.:lol3

They have also said that people are welcome to show up on Thursday the 21st if they wanted to camp. She will have the porta pots ready to go, water hose run, etc.

If the MT1000 crew decides to put on a full blown tour again this year, we can work on parking, etc during the week.

Inside Accomodations?
    So you say you’d rather not sleep on the ground? There’s some nice places to stay in Darby including The Mountain Spirit InnLINKY (right across the street from the Logger grounds).

The Budget Motel is up the street a bit. Check out TT's post. While not the Ritz - it was clean and the shower was warm. :thumb

The Traveller’s Rest is a little further up, but still within walking distance.

Adele and Jerry at The Mountain Spirit Inn are great folks and promoters of Darby and the Valley. They’ve offered to help people find lodging. So if you need help, feel free to give them a call.

Need to Ship Tires, etc. to Darby?
    ShadyRascal has offered once again to be the shipping delivery point for those who’d like to send tires or other stuff ahead. Please PM him for details.

So I want to come join the fun. What do I do next?
    Feel free to start letting us know that you’re “in” by posting in this thread. If you have questions, please send a PM to “WestFest”. I set it up so I could keep all the WestFest stuff in one place.

Stay tuned for more details. We’ll get the rest of the stuff sorted out in the next couple weeks, but this should be enough to get that vacation request in and start planning your route across America.

And thanks to Putts, ShadyRascal and Kinsman for stepping up early so we can make this happen. And all the rest of you folks who have already offered to help, :clap You will get your chance as well.

So there you have it. Let the games begin!

9Dave
  2. WestFest

WestFest n00b

Oddometer:
    And so it begins....

The "In" list:

9Dave
    Putts
    ShadyRascal
    Kinsman
    AleThor
    Aanarchy
    basement
    BGood239
    Blakebird
    BozoMoto
    Brauhausbier
    Cagiva549
    calvinj
    CaptRick
    Chadx
    Chains45
    Chuck in Indiana
    Erronous Monk
    exwingnut
    Eyes Shut
    Faribo
    Flashmo
    FloorPoor
    gmsnowball
    gratefulJED
    GSBiker
    GSWayne
    hdstd003
    HouseofBeaver
    HouseofBeaver+1 (hoovesnwheels)
    huzar
    kennyanc
    kennyanc +1
    metalorleather
    mewapiti
    MsChiff
    MoonDogMT
    MontyCarlo
    Night_Wolf
    NoahDL88
    Radioman
    Ratty2austin
    roadstar151
    RudyS2MT
    Sasquatch
    scooterboyusa
    sillbeer
    sillbeer +1
    Skinstains
    BGood239<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_15987538", true); </SCRIPT>
    Snr Moment
    STRacer
    tac650
    Taco
    Tahoe Rider
    Tahoe Rider +1
    The_Filly
    Tlrguy
    Truckin_Thumper
    Vstromjim
    Vstromjim+1 (Sally)
    wansfel
    whenindoubt
    WhitefishMT
    wyostrom
    ZXMORTY
    <STYLE type=text/css> table.callToAction td {background:#ffa822 url(http://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/pui/core/btn_bg_sprite.gif) left 17.5% repeat-x;} </STYLE>

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_15013677", true); </SCRIPT>

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_14982804", true); </SCRIPT>

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_14979062", true); </SCRIPT>
    <SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_14977364", true); </SCRIPT>
  3. Snr Moment

Snr Moment Unafarkler

Oddometer:
    In.
  4. STRacer

STRacer Born again biker

Oddometer:
    IN :clap
  5. AngryScot

AngryScot .

Oddometer:
    Thanks for taking this one 9Dave! I might just make this dog and planning willing. :D
  6. Low594

Low594 Adventuring Creep

Oddometer:
    Hmmm! Can I pull off this one again? We'll see!
  7. idea man

idea man Remote Plate Spinner Supporter

Oddometer:
    Loved Darby and environs. Will try and make it again this year.
  8. Timmer

Timmer Curious Adventurer

Oddometer:
    In.

I'm planning to redo the MT1000 including the McGruder Corridor and Nez Pierce Trail on my way from the Seattle area. I especially want to ride the Gravelly Range. PM me if you would want to be part of a small group doing the MT1000 the week before Westfest. We'd depart from Darby.

Timmer
  9. huzar

huzar Pastor of Muppets

Oddometer:
    In! And Timmer, I'd be looking to do the MT1000 again...
  10. 9Dave

9Dave Bazinga!

Oddometer:
    :thumb You know you want to. I'll mark that as an "in" for now.
  11. Putts

Putts Gettin' there.

Oddometer:
    Thanks for taking this on, Dave.

:thumb
  12. Truckin_Thumper

Truckin_Thumper low profile

Oddometer:
    IN!

If all goes well, I can assist.

Also, you can have stuff delivered to the Post Office in town.
    just put "General Delivery" on the packaging.

I will know later if I can get a group rate on the Budget Motel.

Lemme know what I can do to help, Dave. I am planning on being in Darby around April.
  13. Flashmo

Flashmo Whatever...

Oddometer:
    In!
  14. flyrodder

flyrodder nothing bugs me except insufficient applause Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    In!
  15. wyostrom

wyostrom Better be ready Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm in. Great time last year.
  16. ShadyRascal

ShadyRascal Master of None

Oddometer:
    I'll alert the locals! :lol3
  17. mewapiti

mewapiti Schlub

Oddometer:
    :d
  18. DireWolf

DireWolf Knees in the Breeze

Oddometer:
    Finally someone bucked up!

:clap
  19. Apple Jam

Apple Jam Ride Oregon First

Oddometer:
    Well, you in?

You went last year, didn't you?
  20. Putts

Putts Gettin' there.

Oddometer:
    Just booked room 12 at the Mountain Spirit Inn. Most crawling distance friendly room in all of Darby.

:freaky