Ktm 690 & rally-raid products

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by ADAMRRP, Jun 1, 2012.

1. ADAMRRP

ADAMRRP Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So...

Here at Rally-Raid Products we get a bit curious as to what some of you guys get up to with your 690s.

I thought it might be cool to have a casual Q&A, share some photos and ideas/problems even stories.

[​IMG]
  2. Barman

Barman Way Offline

Oddometer:
    Nice. I'm in. :lurk
  3. Night Crawler

Night Crawler Beware the beast in black

Oddometer:
    Does your radiator guard keep the mounting tabs with the rubber bushing from bending over when the bike decides to take a nap? I have seen the pictures of it, but there are no close ups. I have several of your products and know the quality of them, I just crash a lot and need to address this problem before I break one off or drive it back into the radiator.
  4. ktm950se

ktm950se Banned

Oddometer:
    That is one fine lookin' machine!

ktm950se
  5. Maxacceleration

Maxacceleration Off the grid

Oddometer:
    Here is a simple Rally Raid piece. Their air filter package which opens up substantially from the tiny stock snorkel to draw in mucho air IMO.
    I am still learning and hoping to see if the stock map or the akro map works better, in my case in conjunction with an FMF Q4 slip-on.
    At this point my bike seems to run better with the stock map, as in TITS!

Here un-oiled on my test fit...
    [​IMG]

Waiting on the back ordered twin tanks...
  6. ADAMRRP

ADAMRRP Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey, Im not sure that I am quite following here :huh, are you referring to the Rad Protector (RRP150) or Rad Screen (RRP095) ?
    Glad to hear you are please with our products, got any pictures of your 690 ?
  7. ADAMRRP

ADAMRRP Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Its nice right, this is actually RRP's MD John's toy, prepped for when we went out to Morocco, sad to say it came back in a bad way and so did he !

<object width="480" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/c3jY9jhyV8Y?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/c3jY9jhyV8Y?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
  8. Night Crawler

Night Crawler Beware the beast in black

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    I am wondering if the Rad Protector (RRP 150) protects this mounting tab or reinforces it? I stole the picture from the Code Orange thread.
  9. LanceSA

LanceSA Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Great thread!
    I bought RR front tanks, kouba link, foam air filter kit and bash plate from RR for my 2012 690.
    The service I received from them was outstanding and I would recommend them to anyone! The fit and finish of the tanks as well as the completeness of the kit is fantastic.

I did not buy the Rally fairing at the time due to lack of funds and am not sure what to do now. The light on the 2012 is good enough for me. Is there any possibility of making up a fairing using the existing light please? This would save a lot of costs hopefully and make it more attainable for many.
  10. blakrj

blakrj Need to ride

Oddometer:
    Cloggland via Borneo, TX, UK, Oz and S.Africa
    Lance, the 990 headlight does not add a huge amount (but perhaps in Rands). RR also offer (or certainly did) a reduction for no headlight but rather a solid front for you to cut and fit your own light on the Rally kit.
  11. ADAMRRP

ADAMRRP Adventurer

Oddometer:

We are soon to be developing our fairing kits and screens to take twin HID Lights and we still offer a discount if the headlight is not required I often price up kits for people that want to take out odd bits. :deal
  12. blakrj

blakrj Need to ride

Oddometer:
    Cloggland via Borneo, TX, UK, Oz and S.Africa
    Adam, great news. Still looking to swap out my 990 light with a couple of HID50s most likely with some FXR projectors. Hopefully we can retrofit your offering.
  13. LanceSA

LanceSA Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Great news! Can I have a price on the side panels, bracket and solid fairing without the light please?
  14. Yellow Pig

Yellow Pig Allergic to asphalt! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Fantastic!

When my 950 SE crapps out this is what I want to get:
    [​IMG]
  15. The First Heretic

The First Heretic .

Oddometer:
    is the stock plastic rad screen supposed to fit over the RR rad protector?
    mine does not go over and I also need a large washer with the supplied nut to secure the screen. the hole in the screen that the bolt goes through is too large for the supplied hardware.
    zip ties work fine, though.

[​IMG]
  16. hansi

hansi Teurer Abenteurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    :lurk
  17. modeselector

modeselector Common as muck

Oddometer:
    Interesting - any news on release date?
  18. ADAMRRP

ADAMRRP Adventurer

Oddometer:

The rad protector is not meant to be used with the stock screen, our rad screen is designed to fit right over it it.
  19. ADAMRRP

ADAMRRP Adventurer

Oddometer:

Not yet i'm afraid ! I will be sure to give the heads up when we have an idea if this thread is still alive !
  20. ADAMRRP

ADAMRRP Adventurer

Oddometer:

Our protector does re-enforce the tags, it take as much stress back towards the engine bolts instead of loading up the radiator.