Wolfman New 2013 Products-The Rocky Mountain Saddle Bags

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by wolfmanluggage, Feb 7, 2013.

1. D-Train

D-Train Dusty Wessels

Oddometer:
    Hi Goose,

Ya what Three Dawg said, we have these straps that work well when you have a passenger...

http://wolfmanluggage.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_id=310
  2. lacofdfireman

lacofdfireman Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Will these work with the Rotopax also? I know it would be wide but when you need fuel on a 950 there isn't a whole lot of options unless you want to buy some $1800 safari tanks. I don't need that much fuel that often and the rotopax would be perfect. If they work and anyone has a photo of them mounted with rotopax especially on a KTM Adventure 9XX that would be sweet. Thanks..
  3. D-Train

D-Train Dusty Wessels

Oddometer:
    Hello,

The bags will definitely work with the rotopax set up. You are correct, it would be a bit wide...:D
  4. COXR650L

COXR650L Long timer

Oddometer:
    I wanted give a BIG thanks to Eric and Wolfman for donating some great prizes for the WESTFEST RALLY this year in Buena Vista, CO.

Eric gave us some awesome gear to give away at the raffle, but I was really impressed with the Expedition Dry Duffle bag. The bag had some great features built in that are specific for moto riders and it would work soooo much better than a standard dry duffle from a sporting goods store:deal After seeing the bags in person I was blown away with the functionality.

So thanks to a local company for their support! We really appreciate it!!

(Sorry for posting here I could not find a general Wolfman vendor thread....:eek1)

ben
  5. AteamNM

AteamNM Wonna Be ADVrider Supporter

Oddometer:
    Props as well for the Sipapu Shingding. Thank you Dusty and of course also to Dubinki for the killer pants schwag. Our local vendors are the bomb. Always go there first.

My donation to Ben was a bronze medal. :evil

6. WF_Jester

WF_Jester n00b

Oddometer:
    Trying to decide between these and the Expedition for a F800gs. How far out do the Expeditions stick out off the rack?

7. lmychajluk

lmychajluk Long timer

Oddometer:
  8. MeefZah

MeefZah -------------

Oddometer:
    Do you guys have any plans on making a Wolf rack for the new gen (+2012) V-Strom 650?

I'm digging several of the newer Wolman saddlebags but no rack is available....
  9. Dan Alexander

Dan Alexander still alive and well

Oddometer:
    While you're at it how about a rack for the 11XX GS's :deal
  10. Oldwin1

Oldwin1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just a little warning. Every time I go to Wolfman's showroom Dusty sells me something. I can never get out of there without a tank bag or duffle or at least a map. In fact last year Dusty even sold me his motorcycle. There is always some new gadget I have to buy. I can't believe they can keep coming up with more stuff I have to have. The worst part is none of it every wears out so my customers and I just have to keep using it. On top of that my girlfriend likes the stuff so I have to buy stuff for her.

I also have to constantly listen to my customers going on about how great the bags are. These guys really don't understand the current model for retail. [Make cheap crap that wears out quickly so you can sell more.] They will never be as big as Wally World. :lol3:lol3:lol3

Eric, Dusty and the whole crew are fantastic.
    Ron
  11. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    :D Oh yeah I have a few WM things myself from visits to Dusty.

...then again every one of Butler Maps map cases that goes out is indeed a quality WM produced product, so you could possibly add that to your WM list. :evil

you do have one of cases??? if not PM me.
    great meeting you Ron at WM ADV day awhile back!

12. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    :ear

13. D-Train

D-Train Dusty Wessels

Oddometer:
    You guys are funny...:lol3
  14. khpossum

khpossum poster

Oddometer:
    My Bags are pretty close to the exhaust, which made me nervous that at one time or another I would melt part of the bag. I know it has a sacrificial pad, but I would rather not melt anything. I had a piece of this adhesive heat shield left that I had used on my Jesse bags on my 1150. It seems to work pretty good on this Wolfman bag as well. It will keep some of the exhaust heat away from the content of the bag as well.
  15. D-Train

D-Train Dusty Wessels

Oddometer:
    Can you post up a pic...:D Also what bike do you have?
  16. khpossum

khpossum poster

Oddometer:
    Not much to see, but here it is. I just traced the sacrificial pad on to the heat shield, peeled off the back and stuck it on to the Wolfman pad. I am most worried about the open areas of the frame and these areas are covered by the heat shield. It lookslike the same stuff I have had on my Jesses for years.

[​IMG]

This is on my Xchallenge with the Hotrodwelding frame.

KP
  17. D-Train

D-Train Dusty Wessels

Oddometer:
    Took me seeing this and seeing you are on an X-Challenge... Hi Karst :freaky
  18. AtlasExp

AtlasExp beer me

Oddometer:
    What I did on mine is I cut cutting boards and applied them to both sides. Finding good temp proff boards was a mission but now my bags are protected from dirt and heat!
  19. D-Train

D-Train Dusty Wessels

Oddometer:
    Nice! Good idea:clap
  20. 2polar

2polar n00b

Oddometer:
    :wink: