HP2 damper

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Renazco, Jan 17, 2007.

1. SQD8R

SQD8R Eat squids and be merry

Oddometer:
    Jim,

For clarification sake, are you referring to the aux. tank or the damper? I initially took it that you were talking about the damper, since it was focus of this thread. But rereading the previous posts, my understanding now, is that you are referring to the aux. tank. Thanks.

Dale
  2. Renazco

Renazco Formerly AKA Boejangles

Oddometer:
    Yes thanks Dale, I guess I should be a little bit more clear on that, I was referring to the aux fuel tank being discontinued.

The damper set-up is way under way and Ryan is hoping to be shipping the first kits by Feb 15th, some will be out earlier to accommodate competitors in the Sandblast Rally.

Pricing and options are as follows:

#1-Stabilizer mount/1" Bar riser- $89.95(includes stainless hardware)
    #2-Frame Bracket-$129.95(includes stainless hardware and steering pin)
    #3-Scotts Steering Stabilizer-$349.95(includes oversize adj. knob and modification of damper arm)

The details of #3 is very important to get the unit to work properly.
  3. Fubars

Fubars What would Scoobydo?

Oddometer:
    James, do you have any plans for a 950 kit as well? I like to think plenty of guys in the O.C. would be interested. Myself included.
  4. Renazco

Oddometer:
    I thought a few folks were making these like Scotts?

Fill me in if there are some issues with what's available and I'll look into this.
    If what's out there isn't working I'm sure we can make something happen, best bet is to e-mail me directly at renazco@sbcglobal.net
  5. Rbott

Rbott Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The stabilizer kits are finally shipping. The first production run is almost gone, two sets left as of today. I mounted five of these units on HP2's that competed in the Sandblast Rally last weekend, they mounted and worked flawlessly. Total install time is about a 1/2 hour if you have a second set of hands or 1 hr if you are alone.

Pricing and options are as follows:

#1-Stabilizer mount/1" Bar riser- $89.95(includes stainless hardware)
    #2-Frame Bracket-$129.95(includes stainless hardware and steering pin)
    #3-Scotts Steering Stabilizer-$349.95(includes oversize adj. knob and modification of damper arm)

All parts are available individually, buy all three and I will ship for free in the continental US. I accept PayPal and all major credit cards.

The second production run will be started as soon as I see how much more interest I have.

In addition to the above we will be offering James Renazco's bar risers which will allow you to run aftermarket handlebars without losing the height of the stock bar location. These will be available soon at a price to be determined. They will mount to the #1-stabilizer mount/1" bar riser so they can be added to the above kit when they become available.

If you have any further questions or would like to place an order, please call me at 413-441-6847 or send an email to ryan.bottesi@gmail.com

Ryan
  6. Rbott

Rbott Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The second production run is now shipping, they are going fast. If you would like one or have any questions, please email me at ryan.bottesi@gmail.com

Price for the complete kit is $569.85 and that includes shipping in the continental US.

Ryan
  7. fixinbones

fixinbones Tarmac Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Can anyone comment on the performance of "Rbotts" damper set up on tarmac with the street supermoto wheel set up. I am considering this damper setup for my Megamoto. Thanks in advance.
  8. Mr. Magoo

Mr. Magoo Long timer

Oddometer:
    Works just fine.
  9. oziexplorer

oziexplorer fugarewe tribe member

Oddometer:
    here's a pic of what you get in the kit, if anyone's interested.
    Quality stuff :deal
    [​IMG]
  10. ridgeback

ridgeback CH

Oddometer:
    When will the risers for the aftermarket bars be ready? :ear
  11. Rbott

Rbott Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    They never went into production and probably will not. I am making another batch of the standard damper mount kit next week.

Ryan
  12. Renazco

Oddometer:
    The only set I had made are in Australia somewhere, had their been more interest we would have made more.

With Rbott's riser set up you can gain an 1" of rise and of course some ATV bars could add some additional height & better ergo's. The stock bars have a terrible sweep for wide shouldered people.
  13. ridgeback

ridgeback CH

Oddometer:
    Will the risers lift enough that a tall MX bar like a Windum pro taper would be about the height the stock one is now?

I need a damper and I like your setup and I hate the sweep of the stock bars but I cannot find an MX bar tall enough.

Will the new batch still include the Scotts damper with the risers for $500?

Thanks,

14. Renazco

Oddometer:
    I suppose your talking about the submount yes? The submount that Rbott sells has a 1" rise.

The Windham's will not cut it, you'll need an "ATV" type bar. I don't remember the name of the company right now but there are some nicer bars available if you do a search.
    I believe Flanders makes all sort of different bars as well.
  15. tribeless

tribeless _________________________

Oddometer:
    When will said batch be available for purchase :deal
  16. Rbott

Rbott Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The kits will be available to ship late this week or early next week. Price for complete kit is $569.85 plus shipping.

Ryan
  17. jcolombo

jcolombo Lurking Moderator

Oddometer:
    For those who have fitted the damper and removed the evaporative canister (total weight for all components - 1.5 lbs), where did you route the gas tank vent? The European version routes it into the hole in the middle of the triple clamp, but that appears to be blocked by the damper...

:ear
  18. Renazco

Oddometer:
    Just seen this..

I left the factory venting alone, hose is near the rear shock.

[​IMG]
  19. MJS

MJS Long timer

Oddometer:
    Received my kit the other day. Absolutely beautiful work and a 20 minute install start to finish (including clean up and washing my hands).

Thanks,
  20. BiG DoM

BiG DoM African Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have just received and fitted this kit - Absolutely excellent product! Superbly finished, packed and shipped. Good fitting instructions etc. still have to test it 'in anger' but seems a great addition and I have complimented it with a Renthal Fatbar :D Ryan is an excellent dude to deal with and has his finger on the pulse - go get one.