F800gs...Touring screens? you got one ? Lets us see um!

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by HighTechCoonass, Nov 13, 2008.

1. HighTechCoonass

HighTechCoonass Living the Dream....

Oddometer:
    Things are moving along...with the GS project. Since I dished my seat out (now is sit about 1" and 1/2" lower) the wind is hitting me in the helmet causing more noise. I am also thinking spoiler?

[​IMG]
  2. markymcd

markymcd Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've got the Touratech spoiler and it helps a lot. But still for touring you might want a bit more... I'm going to keep an eye out on this thread to see what people have been doing.

By the way... do you like the Givi guards???? i'm thinking either those or the Hepco Becker... the Givi's might look a bit too wide though????? plus more than likely I will be adding foldaway highway pegs to the guards too.

McD
  3. johngil

johngil Reseda, CA

Oddometer:
    Cee Bailey 16" euro in light gray.

Attached Files:

4. jessehere

jessehere Ridin'

Oddometer:
    with the givi bars you dont need no stinkin hiway pegs - just lay you legs over the top...very comfy:clap
  5. HighTechCoonass

Oddometer:
    yes they are perfect for me! And i can kick up the legs!...and I did not want to spend too much. Also on a scale of 1 10 10 being hard core off roading I am about 7. So I am spending a little less on the protection and a little more on comfort. I just ordered a Corbin seat. I only ride the great wild west once a year.
  6. HighTechCoonass

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  7. RobTheRigger

RobTheRigger Killing threads here since 2008

Oddometer:
    HTC, you're right about the helmet noise. Even as short as I am, with the BMW touring screen and the factory low seat (I think the ergos are the same for the 650 and 800), it's pretty loud. And that comes after 15 years around Navy jets and 20+ years of going to punk rock shows!

McD, Do you like the side wind deflectors? I'm setting up my 650 for all-weather combat commuting and wanted to see how other folks like 'em and if they're worth the cost. I put the nose on mine, too. It really completes the look IMO.

-Rob
  8. thelouv

thelouv ocd

Oddometer:
    Coonass, can I borrow your dished out factory seat? Since it will be in your garage after the Corbin arrives.

Not to hijack the thread but, someone mentioned the crash bars. I just today ordered a set of Wunderlichs from BMW Santa Cruz. Very unique. And very $$$$. But I really like the look and coverage.
  9. HighTechCoonass

Oddometer:
    You got it thelouv, before of after - the Corbin comes in. If the COrbin works out the dish out will go for sale for 150. If you like i I can do others for other Advriders!
  10. labatts1999

labatts1999 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I was snooping around on http://www.ukgser.com and came across a discussion on this subject. Lots of talk about the options given. Its probably one of those personal preference items. Some like this while others like that. That said the PowerBronze flip screen looks promising to me at a reasonable price. Still need to do more research, reading, and lurking to really decide. I'll be following this thread closely since the stock screen leaves a bit to be desired and winter is the time for modifications.

:ear
  11. HighTechCoonass

Oddometer:
  12. labatts1999

labatts1999 Adventurer

Oddometer:

Yep, that's the screen I'm liking so far. Looks like it'll do the job and still doesn't look ugly as hell.
  13. markymcd

Oddometer:
    I like em but I don't think they make too significant a difference. Works better than not using them though and they do look good. I installed them myself and I had to remove ALL of the plastic panels on the front because you have to drill into your frame to attach them. The instructions were for the f800 fairing which is different so I had to do some figuring before I started drilling. If you do get them let me know and I can walk you through a great technique I figured out.... and Ya, I just put the beak extension on a couple of weeks ago and I love the look.

cheers
  14. labatts1999

labatts1999 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I read somewhere that Aeroflow is working on a screen but haven't seen any foto's yet. Some of their screens are pretty fugly though.
  15. labatts1999

labatts1999 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So, High Tech have you come to any conclusions? I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on the PowerBronze. Metal Mule has one similar that might be worth a look also. Don't know if they're in production on it or if its a re-brand from the same makers of the PowerBronze.
  16. markymcd

Oddometer:

SOLD!!!!! my fav. so far.... Just ordered it from the UK!!!

anybody want to buy a tinted 800 screen with Touratech spoiler???? ;)
  17. labatts1999

labatts1999 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    has anyone replace the stock screen yet? If so thoughts on improvements? Recommendations? I've read some reports from the UKgsr site but curious as to reports from folks on this side of the pond.

thanks
  18. johngil

johngil Reseda, CA

Oddometer:
    I posted a photo of the Cee Bailey 16" euro on the previous page.
    I wouldn't call it perfect, but works well for me.
  19. labatts1999

labatts1999 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Is the improvement significant? Worth the expense?
  20. labatts1999

labatts1999 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've had my bike in the shop for a month. Took it in for the 600 mile service and ordered a BMW centerstand at the same time. My bike is still in the shop waiting for that stand.

My guess is that any windscreen is going to be an improvement but the more details people can provide the better. The BMW centerstand is reported to be superior but having my bike in the shop for a month is kind ridiculous. I'm tempted to retrieve the bike.