MotoGuzzi Norge 1200

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by JohnG., Jul 30, 2006.

1. Bravosarah

Bravosarah Curiously Addicted

Oddometer:
    LOL! We've been discussing this at work too (busy day)...this is what we came up with:

Norge is Norwegian for Norway it's pronounced Nor-geh there.
    In Italian it would be pronounced Nor-jay, but if Moto Guzzi intended for it to be in Italian it would prolly be called Norvegia which is Norway in Italian.

So it's prolly pronounced Moto Gootsie Norgeh...and that's what we came up with!
  2. scrannel

scrannel Scrannel

Oddometer:
    You da man! And, here are the USA recalls for your year:

<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="2"><tbody><tr><td>Make: MOTO GUZZI </td> <td>Model: NORGE</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">Model Year: 2007</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Manufacturer: PIAGGIO USA, INC.</td> <td>Mfr's Report Date: MAR 18, 2008</td> </tr> <tr> <td>NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number: 08E025000 </td> <td> <!-- Loop until CountVar = 5 --> N/A
    NHTSA Action Number: N/A </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">Component: EQUIPMENT</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">Potential Number of Units Affected: 128</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">Summary:
    [​IMG] PIAGGIO IS RECALLING 128 TOP CASES SOLD AS AN MOTO GUZZI ACCESSORY FOR MY 2007 AND 2008 MOTO GUZZI NORGE MOTORCYCLES. THE LOCATING TAB ON THE TOP CASE MOUNTING BRACKET CAN BREAK POSSIBLY ALLOWING THE TOP CASE TO FALL OFF THE MOTORCYCLE.</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">Consequence:
    [​IMG] A VEHICLE CRASH COULD OCCUR SHOULD THE TOP CASE FALL FROM THE MOTORCYCLE AND BECOME AN OBSTACLE TO OTHER MOTORISTS.</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">Remedy:
    [​IMG] MOTO GUZZI WILL NOTIFY OWNERS AND REPLACE THE DEFECTIVE MOUNTING BRACKET WITH A NEW BRACKET. THE RECALL BEGAN ON JUNE 24, 2008. OWNERS MAY CONTACT MOTO GUZZI CUSTOMER CARE AT 1-212-380-4400, OPTION #4.</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">Notes:
    [​IMG] CUSTOMERS MAY CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153); OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV.</td> </tr> <tr><td colspan="2">
    </td></tr> <tr align="left"> <td class="navSub">
    </td> </tr> </tbody></table> <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="2"><tbody><tr> <td>Make: MOTO GUZZI </td> <td>Model: NORGE</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">Model Year: 2007</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Manufacturer: PIAGGIO USA, INC.</td> <td>Mfr's Report Date: JUL 08, 2008</td> </tr> <tr> <td>NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number: 08V305000 </td> <td> <!-- Loop until CountVar = 5 --> PE08020
    NHTSA Action Number: PE08020 </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">Component: EXTERIOR LIGHTING:HEADLIGHTS</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">Potential Number of Units Affected: 646</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">Summary:
    [​IMG] PIAGGIO IS RECALLING 646 MY 2007-2008 MOTO GUZZI NORGE 1200 MOTORCYCLE MODELS EQUIPPED WITH TRIOM HEADLIGHTS, LOW BEAM BULB AND HEADLIGHT REFLECTORS. THE HEADLIGHT LOW BEAM BULB HAS A "PIGTAIL" WIRE ATTACHED TO IT. THIS WIRE CONNECTS THE LOW BEAM BULB TO THE MOTORCYCLE'S WIRING HARNESS. IT MAY TOUCH THE HARDWARE USED TO SECURE THE BULB IN THE REFLECTOR. OVER TIME AND VIBRATION THE INSULATION MAY WEAR THROUGH CAUSING THE DIRECT SHORT TO GROUND. THIS SHORT CAUSES THE MOTORCYCLE'S MAIN FUSE TO BLOW AND ALL ELECTRICAL POWER TO THE MOTORCYCLE TO STOP. </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">Consequence:
    [​IMG] ELECTRICAL POWER TO THE MOTORCYCLE IS CUT OFF AND AS A RESULT, THE ENGINE STALLS INCREASING THE RISK OF A CRASH.</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">Remedy:
    [​IMG] DEALERS WILL INSTALL A NEW BULB WITH AN EXTRA PROTECTION AROUND THE POWER WIRE TO PROVIDE GREATER PROTECTION. THE RECALL BEGAN ON SEPTEMBER 11, 2008. OWNERS MAY CONTACT PIAGGIO AT 212-380-4431. </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">Notes:
    [​IMG] CUSTOMERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV.</td></tr></tbody></table>
  3. g®eg

g®eg world's fastest drone

Oddometer:
    better to have a bike named after a refrigerator....
    than a bike that looks like a refrigerator

[​IMG]
  4. wannaklr

wannaklr Long timer

Oddometer:
    Funny thing is I had never heard of a Norge fridge until the Moto Guzzi came out.
  5. lesman

lesman Live easy, Brake Hard

Oddometer:
    Ask the Dealer if he has any Stelvio's for that price. I would sell my Strom in a second......there I said it.
    At that I price I wouldn't hesitate to buy a MG

Les
  6. apessino

apessino Long timer

Oddometer:
    It is a Norwegian word... click on the little speaker icon to hear how it is pronounced:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/norge

Oh, and it is "Giuseppe Guzzi." The story is correct, though... Guzzi rode a GT from Mandello del Lario to Nordkapp, Norway, in 28 days, using 182 liters of gas and three tires. :D After this, the bike was renamed the Norge to commemorate the trip and to honor the zeppelin of the same name that had explored the Arctic.
  7. scrannel

scrannel Scrannel

Oddometer:
    Arctic? Dude, we're right back to refrigerators again... and, of course, Zeppelins.
  8. Bravosarah

Bravosarah Curiously Addicted

Oddometer:
    Has anyone found a way to install highway pegs on this bike. Where did you install them and what pegs did you get.

I'm thinking on long rides I might cramp up, I haven't bought the bike yet, but I might be close. :smile6:smile6
  9. Chuckracer

Chuckracer Jerkus Maximus

Oddometer:
    I was looking at one of those today...very impressed!
  10. Mozman16

Mozman16 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  11. radguzzi

radguzzi The Journey is the Reward

Oddometer:
    You may find something on guzzitech about them, seems to me Zoom Zoom had looked into fabbing something... Or was that crash bars... ? :scratch

Moto International in Seattle markets a set of adjustable rider's pegs that I may get for mine. They allow for bringing the rider's foot position down just a tad by means of a rotating cam design I believe.

I just put the HyperPro progressive front fork springs in mine over the weekend. Much better feel from the front end, feels more planted, firm but not too harsh. I will need a few more miles on familiar roads to file a better, more complete report but definitely an improvement.

I also have the Heli bars on it which brings the bars up and back by about 1-1/4" and the angle changed to make the wrists more neutral... No cable or hydraulic hose changes required.

Best,
    Rob
  12. radguzzi

Oddometer:
    Mozman16 was correct...

Highway pegs...

http://forum.guzzitech.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=2&func=view&catid=43&id=9162#10752

From Greg at MI... Lower pegs.

http://forum.guzzitech.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=2&func=view&catid=40&id=3637#3657

If you find (well, if you buy a Norge) that you want the bars up higher without the expense of the Heli Bars, I have a set of risers, made by MI that raise the bars by 1.250"

Best,
    Rob
  13. radguzzi

Oddometer:

How old are you....?

:lol3 :lol3 :wave
  14. radguzzi

Oddometer:
    Hey DD,
    How did this shake out for you...? After all the banter about how to pronounce Norge... :rolleyes

Best,
    Rob

There are some niggly things about Some of the Norges, mostly the very early '07 models. I have ridden mine for about 15K so far, lemme know if you have specific questions, I can give my .02 ¢ worth...
  15. wannaklr

wannaklr Long timer

Oddometer:
    45. When were Norge's out?
  16. g®eg

g®eg world's fastest drone

Oddometer:
    I'd never heard of them either... :dunno
  17. R59

R59 they call me Rocker

Oddometer:
    :lol3
  18. R59

R59 they call me Rocker

Oddometer:
    Yeah. Me, either. I'm 42 and have mainly lived in Arkansas.

I'd never seen or heard of Norge appliances until the Guzzi Norge was introduced...
  19. 907Duc

907Duc ducatisti

Oddometer:
    NOVA in Spanish "no go" problem solved
  20. arcticIndian

arcticIndian indian rider

Oddometer:
    I'm born in and currently live in Norway (or Nor-geh in Norwegian language)
    I sometimes get the feeling of living in a fridge..

Occasionally I miss living in California..