1150gs Hack Conversion

Discussion in 'Hacks' started by Crush, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Crush

Crush Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    A while back I saw some threads on marrying an 1150gs to a Ural sidecar.

I was in an accident with my 1150gs and am now rebuilding it. I have a Ural sidecar, square box freighter type, that I would like to attach.

I need some guidance to building the frame for the bike to attach the sidecar.

I also remember there being a thread about modifying the GS ball joint mount to give it a bit more rake.

I thought I bookmarked the threads, but of course I cannot find them now, and I suck at computer searching.

Can someone point me in the right direction(s)?

Thanks, Dennis
  2. jaydmc

jaydmc Long timer

Oddometer:
    On the front end you want to reduce trail, this is done by moving the ball joint back and up. We do this with a new from billet mount, there are other ways to do this as well.

The bike mounts we pick up the hole in front of the bottom of the engine as well as the center stand mounting points. Many ways to do the upper rear. The upper front we tie to the bolt that passes through the block just behind the "A" arm for the front suspension.

The Ural sidecar its self has a non adjustable front lower mount and we find that the lower rear mount is to far aft so we cut off the mounts and weld in new adjustable mounts on the sidecar frame.

We can also provide you with the mounts and the parts for the Ural frame as well as an automotive rear wheel conversion.

If you make it down to the Seattle area we have a few of these bikes in our shop you are welcome to take a look at.

Jay G
    DMC sidecars
    www.dmcsidecars.com
    866-638-1793
  3. Crush

Crush Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks, I will stop by to visit next time in Seattle.
  4. davebig

davebig Another Angry Hun !

Oddometer:
  5. Melrone

Melrone Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have a 03 1150 GSA/Ural which is a nice setup. It was originally built by DMC had it rebuilt right last year Freedom Sidecars.. The only trouble on the bike was I had the final drive rebuilt..I would check itout and build one. You will like good luck...