F800gs Insurance

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by itsatdm, Sep 5, 2008.

1. itsatdm

itsatdm Long timer

Oddometer:
    Called CSAA, my insurance carrier for decades, to get a rate quote and was told. "Sorry, not in the system, can't insure you, anything else I can do to help you?"
    Anyone else have that problem with AAA, any options out there?
  2. Yossarian™

Yossarian™ Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer:
    Try other insurers.
  3. PhilSpace

PhilSpace The Ex-Gov

Oddometer:
    Got to Progressive's website, 2009 F800GS is in their and the rate was cheaper than when I insured one of the first ST's.
  4. Keystone

Keystone Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Dairyland/Sentry Insurance had to program it in once I gave them the specifics (exact CCs, etc.).

The resulting rate is great though: Full coverage for $246/year for a late twenties male in the suburbs of Philadelphia. Along with my F650GS it's a total of $499/yr!:clap (Yes, the 650 is more: it's my commuter)
  5. JRWooden

JRWooden never attribute to malice...

Oddometer:
    Geico has rates for both F658GS and F800GS ... the comp./collision was a lot more for the 800 ... I'm not sure why.....

Jim
  6. PhilSpace

PhilSpace The Ex-Gov

Oddometer:
    I'm in the same range as hyper, I'm happy. Now to get me some crash bars, too much farkle, too little time.
  7. vagt6

vagt6 Bit the Bullet

Oddometer:
    Two options: go to your local Yellow Pages phone book and get quotes from 2-3 Independent Agents, State Farm and Allstate.

OR, go to Google on the web, type in "motorcycle insurance", and surf. Spend about an hour, make the calls, pay the money and you're insured.

It pays to shop car/bike insurance, rates for the same coverage varies significantly.

Let us know . . .