The Greater Catskills Area BK.RD.Run Version 5.0 Aug 17th & 18th 2013

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by BK.RD.RNR, Jan 26, 2013.

1. BK.RD.RNR

BK.RD.RNR Torque Stick

Oddometer:
    * this is an informal group ride. Show up with your buddies, and go*

Some Changes this year...
  2. BK.RD.RNR

BK.RD.RNR Torque Stick

Oddometer:
    * THIS IS AN INFORMAL GROUP RIDE. SHOW UP WITH YOUR BUDDIES, AND GO*

Here we go again! :dj

**Note;

After last year's ride, I was actually considering letting this event slide off into the abyss. It was not until talking with some fellow inmates/ attendees that I decided to continue planning it.

For the most part, I'm planning a similar format to last year's ride, and changing up the routes a bit.

****CHANGES TO THE FORMAT OF YEARS PAST****

After some frustration, some input from last year's attendees, and much deliberation on my part, I have decided to make some minor changes to the format this year...

1) Many have commented on the idea of a pot luck style meal for the group. While I always thought it was a good idea, my concerns were with the logistics of organizing it, as well as having so many folks riding in on bikes feeling obligated to bring a large dish to share with everyone.

---So, with my own personal schedule, I have no interest in organizing the pot luck too. I am hoping that someone, perhaps the most vocal proponent for the idea (*Cough*, Anne,*Cough, Cough*:D), will be willing to step up and organize that portion of the festivities...

***EDIT** Pot Luck is on!! --GirlRyder made it easy for everyone in this post. CLICK HERE

---If no one steps up, then be prepared to fend for yourselves. :wink:

2) After attempting to organize an A/B ride format for the last 2 years, It seems that may not be the best solution. Between my confusing routes, and not having someone with an intimate level of local knowledge to lead the second group, the feedback I have gotten is that format has lead to some frustration for folks...

---So, I will be planning and leading one ride, each day, just like years past. You are welcome to follow me/ that group, if you like. The pace is likely to be brisk, possibly spirited at times. :D

---In addition, ANYONE WHO WOULD LIKE TO RESEARCH, DEVELOP, AND PLAN A ROUTE, IS WELCOME TO LEAD A RIDE OF THEIR OWN AT THIS EVENT---

--- I like this idea, because I'm hoping it will make more people feel welcome, and consider coming out. There are all kinds of great roads in this area no matter what kind of riding you prefer. By this I mean; If you prefer sport bikes, feel free to put together a nice loop for yourself, and similarly minded riders, then enjoy everyone's company in the evenings. If you like street bikes or cruisers, you'll have a blast too! If you like Harleys, just plan to be ok with taking a little ribbing here and there. :lol3 If you prefer a more relaxed pace, or feel you will not be interested/ comfortable with some of the more challenging Dual Sport sections of the main ride, feel free to put together your own route. (No, I probably will not be interested in assisting you very much with this other than some basic advice, as I have my hands full already with planning and preriding the main route.)

***Edit 7/29/13***

It looks like we have some folks willing to lead a big bike/ novice ride!!!:clap

**Edit 8/11/13**
    If anyone would like the gpx files for the big bike route, please PM fellow inmate AnyDay with your email address, and she will forward you the files so that you can download them.

It is my understanding that these are not originally her files, she got them from another thread on Adv, but she has preriddden them.

***Edit 8/13/13***
    **End Edit**

NY Wolcott will also be leading a street ride!!!:clap If anyone would like to join, please make it known to him. Sending him a PM should be a good start.

*** Edit 8/1/13*** More details including self guided options. Click here.

***End Edit***

I may amend the above portion of this post as I see necessary, but I think this should cover it fairly comprehensively..

Feel free to refer to the last four threads to get an idea of specifics...

The Greater Catskills Area BK.RD.Run Version 4.0 Aug. 25th & 26th 2012

The Greater Catskills Area BK.RD.Run Version 3.0 Aug. 27th & 28th 2011

The Greater Catskills Area BK.RD.Run Version 2.0 Aug. 14th & 15th 2010

The Greater Caskills Area BK.RD.Run Aug. 15th & 16th 2009

Hope to see the framiliar faces as well as some new ones:d .

As well, any locals in the vacinity who would have suggestions for dirt/ seasonal use only roads to add to the route would be appreciated.

Recon rides will be Wednesdays and or Sundays this year if anyone wants to tag along, or show me around some new roads (or trails :d).

Feedback Welcomed!!

Oh Yeah! One more thing... Rode2Nowhere will NOT ride sweep this year!!! :lol3

:super...Letz Do It!... :beer

Campground Map Link

Peaceful Valley Campground

*THIS IS AN INFORMAL GROUP RIDE. SHOW UP WITH YOUR BUDDIES, AND GO.*

3. kenny61

kenny61 old and crippled

Oddometer:
    :huh
  4. V8

V8 .

Oddometer:
    :*sip*
  5. BK.RD.RNR

BK.RD.RNR Torque Stick

Oddometer:
    ?
  6. Rode2Nowhere

Rode2Nowhere Long timer

Oddometer:
    :lurk
  7. kenny61

kenny61 old and crippled

Oddometer:
    Nothing personal. That's just the way I always look
  8. BK.RD.RNR

BK.RD.RNR Torque Stick

Oddometer:
    :lol3
  9. Looksgoodinblack

Looksgoodinblack Long timer

Oddometer:
    We'll try to make it...
  10. sallydog

sallydog https://sallydog.smugmug.com/Pets/LD-Travel/

Oddometer:
    ill be there
  11. Gone-Native

Gone-Native XPLORER

Oddometer:
    Kenny is deep in thought, wondering if he will have Barry along for this ride:evil:wink:
  12. Rodknee

Rodknee the post is mightier than the sword...

Oddometer:
    wtf is pot luck? as in you are in luck if you get some of the pot? in that case, I AM IN!
  13. Gone-Native

Gone-Native XPLORER

Oddometer:
    +1

:lol3:stoned:freaky
  14. memrph

memrph n00b

Oddometer:
    new guy here, long time lurker, first time poster, live in the saugerties area. would be happy to join in. Not much dirt experience but eager to learn. Hopefully if i ever find some good roads this summer i will increase my experience before this ride.

also if anyone wants to share some dirt roads, etc in the area with me, it would greatly appreciated.

thanks
  15. Gone-Native

Gone-Native XPLORER

Oddometer:
    Hey! You're first post:deal
    Welcome aboard!:D:freaky
    I sure there's a bloke in your area that would be willing to ride with ya!
    In early June, you should come over to VT for the Puppy Dog Ride:ricky
    Google it for more info, i'm on my phone right now, or I would post s link:1drink we run the length of VT on 90% dirt roads, great ride....
  16. kenny61

kenny61 old and crippled

Oddometer:
    Leave Your duck at home:deal
  17. Gone-Native

Gone-Native XPLORER

Oddometer:
    :lol3:lol3:lol3

:1drink

:hide
  18. grind

grind Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Fran,
    What was the name of that ice cream / burger place where we ate lunch last year on Saturday? And what town was it in?
    That was the freakin best ice cream I have ever had!!!!! We tried to find it again on our ride home but got all turned around.....:cry:cry:cry
  19. Rode2Nowhere

Rode2Nowhere Long timer

Oddometer:
    YES! :bow Any chance we'll go by it this year? :wink:
  20. V8

V8 .

Oddometer: