PNW Flea Market - See First Post for Ad Checklist

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by DantesDame, Aug 25, 2008.

1. DantesDame

DantesDame Ridin' Fool Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    This thread is for regional flea market posts ONLY. Off topic banter will be deleted.

-----------------------------------------------

Helpful Checklist for Preparing Your Flea Market Ad:

Before submitting a post for your item for sale or trade, please take a moment to read through this checklist which summarizes some important Flea Market rules. The checklist is intended to assist you with preparing a complete ad that will best serve you as a seller and the inmates that might be interested in your items. It will also help prevent your post from being removed because it doesn't comply with the Flea Market rules.

Edited for clarity:
    1. Location
    2. Sale/Trade value
    3. Is this item yours? It not, you may not sell it here.
    4. Are there links to outside sales sites? If so, please remove them before posting
    5. Pictures and accurate descriptions help sell items. Add sufficient detail and images that a potential buyer will probably want when considering an item.
    6. Are you selling multiple offerings of the same item? If so, your listing may likely belong in Vendors where commercial sales are allowed.
    7. Are you selling firearms, weapons, or related items? These are not permitted in our Flea Market.
    If you're not sure about something, take a closer look at the more detailed Flea Market rules or contact a moderator. Best wishes with your ad!

-----------------------------------------------

Kid's Gear Flea Market can be found here: http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/pnw-kids-gear-locker-thread-want-buy-sell-trade-free.1286585/

For Those Who Want to Continue the Conversation: https://advrider.com/index.php?threads/things-you-want-to-say-in-the-pnw-flea-market.888253/
    SFCootz likes this.
  2. toolfan

toolfan Broken Hearted

Oddometer:
    I think I've had it longer than drrags did. :deal

I'm happy to keep it - the main reason I'm interested in selling it in the near future is because we have VERY limited space. Couple that with the fact that the SO is interested in replacing her bike...

We've actually been hack-pooling home from work, and that's a pretty good time. :D
  3. DireWolf

DireWolf Knees in the Breeze

Oddometer:
    Buy my ONE OF US stuff. :deal

Good cause.

I think. :lol3
  4. taco250

taco250 wannabe adventurer

Oddometer:
    How come this wasn't "For Sale" a year and a half ago when I was bike shopping!!!!!!!!! :cry Oh well. Good luck on selling.
  5. BLH

BLH Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Blue Mtns in NE Oregon ... 50 miles to the grocers
    Well, I have some bike projects I want to start this winter, so I need to clear a bit of shop space (and bike budget space)

I have an '05 Sherco 4.5i. Street legal. Bike probably has less than 50 hours on it, but can't swear to that because the PO (an inmate) said the clock reset when he changed the battery.

I have most of an additional set of plastics, some sprockets etc...I love the bike, FI rocks, but I can't get a large tank for the bike, and am heading to the desert to ride next year so need something with a longer range.

price: $4200 but am open to trades (more on that later)

I am slao thinking of getting rid of my '06 V-Strom 650. The bike has 3980 miles. Still on original tires, although I have a new set of tkc 80's that will go with it.

it has oem handguards, a skid plate, crash bars etc...

The bike has been on the ground once in its life, on the right side. If I touched up the paint on the crash bars you wouldn't know it though.

Great bike, however, the reason for getting the bike was that my wife had thought she would be riding behind me. She finds that she doesn't enjoy it, so I am going to go in a different direction.

Price is $5500

pricing is somewhat negotiable, but I don't really need to sell, so I'm not in a hurry.

trades I am interested in:
    '99-'04, 2 stroke YZ 250
    WR 250,450 plated a plus
    xr400, xr650r plated a huge plus
    TE 510, 610
    others maybe

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Will try to get some better pic's soon
  6. jesusgatos

jesusgatos fishing with dynamite

Oddometer:
    I've got a plated 2003 WR250F. It's only got 180hrs on it since new and comes with a BUNCH of extras.

[​IMG]

All free mods done & I converted everything over to YZ-spec (cams, plastics, etc.)
    JD jet kit
    Power Now
    TwinAir backfire filter and TwinAir pre-filter (backfire screen removed)
    high-compression piston (still runs great on pump gas)
    head professionally ported & new stainless valves installed 50hrs ago
    Pro Circuit Type 496 pipe
    Acerbis 3.3 gallon tank
    Applied tripleclamps
    SCOTTS sub-mount (stabilizer not included)
    Buyer's choice of several different sets of 1 1/8" handlebars
    New DID chain (less than 15hrs on it)
    12 & 13T counter-shaft sprockets
    Hammerhead billet aluminum case saver (will clear up to a 14T counter-shaft sprocket)
    Custom-made Unabiker radiator guards with Jagg/Setrab auxiliary oil cooler
    Flatland skid plate
    Cycra ProBend handguards with tripleclamp mounts
    Works Connection frame guards
    Super-white 55/65W light bulb
    Trailtech Vapor, billet protector & custom mount
    complete set of brand new YZ plastics (not installed)
    I also have another complete 2003 YZ250F parts bike that's not included, but any/all spare parts are available

But I cracked the oil-filter cover when we were riding up in the Gifford Pinchot National Forrest last month. I was able to repair the cover with epoxy and ride-out, but the oil passage to the head was partially blocked and it burned-up the intake cam. Pictures and more details here. The engine never actually failed, and it was actually still running pretty good when I took it apart (there was a slight tick), but the head and intake cam will both need to be replaced. As the pictures show, the cam journals are smoked. The exhaust cam, $500 stainless valves, springs and retainers can all be reused though. There doesn't appear to be any other damage. I've been told it will cost about $500 to get this bike running again.

This has been a GREAT trailbike. 100% reliable. I ride it to/from all the trail around here (only a few miles of pavement) and it's an absolute blast on tight, technical trails. It's been meticulously maintained and is outfitted with all the top-shelf parts.

Asking $2600 as-is, and I'm willing to sell for a lower price if there are any aftermarket parts that the buyer doesn't want/need. If it doesn't sell, I'm planning to put a new head on it and will sell it as a complete, running bike for $3500.
  7. max.headroom

max.headroom That "Retro" Digital, Ummmm ..... Dude.

Oddometer:
    K .... unfortunately, this isn't a for sale of bike stuff, it's music stuff. But I thought that someone here might be interested in some of this. I'm also going to be listing all of this on CL ....

Oh, and on the rare chance that someone wants any of this (and that said person(s) actually see this post in the next while), I will be up in PDX later today. Today being the 28th.

First - the flagship item. 70's reissue Fender Strat - MIM.
    Not only is this guitar in mint shape, it's a tank, unlike my other MIM 70's strat. I think the body is made of swamp ash instead of alder. Because of the density of the body, the tone and sustain is sweet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Neck is true and straight on .....

Body is mint, no chips, no buckle rash, nothing .....

[​IMG]

The extra sweet part - comes with not only one pickguard and set of pickups, but another pickguard AND texas special pickups. Currently the texas specials are what's in her.

[​IMG]

The current hardware on her is the vintage hardware that has a slight (on purpose) yellowing to it to make it look old ...... Also comes with a gig bag.

Brand new without the texas specials, you're looking at 700 bucks for one of these. I'm asking 350.00 for everything.

Next:
    1980s Epiphone Sheraton II
    This is my 3rd Sheraton II. The first 2 were from 2001 and 2003. They were lighter - this thing, again, is a tank, and the sustain and tone is awesome because of it. The neck is straight on and true, and there's just a little nick at the very top of the head stock.
    Disclaimer:
    There are a few things up with this guitar, which is considered in the asking price. The pickup covers and stop piece are a little worn looking. I think oxidation is the issue .... and there's a short in the wiring. Nothing that can't be fixed. What's more - if you slap a set of Seymour Duncan gold plated 58s in it - well - you're done :evil - and a new stop piece and she'd look in just about show room condition. I thought I would do it myself, but with all my other guitars, she's just sat in the studio closet.
    Brand new this costs 700.00 bucks.
    I'm asking 200 obo - as is. Seriously, slap a new set of pickups in this thing and it's ready to rock. Comes with a hardhsell case.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see there's no buckle rash .....

[​IMG]

Next:
    1990's Hamer Slammer Les Paul Studio style electric guitar.
    The guitar is mint across the board. No dings, chips, buckle rash.
    Disclaimer:
    This one as well needs a new set of pick ups. Or it needs to be re-wired.
    It currently has a set of Seymour Duncan 58s in it - which they sound awesome. If you took the time to re-wire it or took it in, the guitar would be ready to go.
    Action on the thing is incredible low ........ comes with deluxe gig bag
    Asking 150.00 obo ......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next:
    1990s Peavey (P-Bass styled) crazily stickered 4 string bass.
    Needs new pickups - and I just want it out of my studio. :1drink
    Neck is straight and true - comes with gig bag.
    75.00 obo

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next:
    Boss GT-6 guitar multi effects processor.
    The unit is in perfect working order, with only a few little scratches on the finish. Back in the day, around 4 years ago, this would have cost around 800 bucks. Comes with manual in PDF format on CD
    I'm asking 250.00 obo ...........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last:
    Boss ME-33 guitar multi effects unit. In great shape, no nicks, scratches, etc - and is in perfect working order. Comes with manual in PDF format on CD.
    75.00 obo ........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's it ...... :D

If anyone is interested in any of this, PM me.

Take it easy everyone ........ :1drink

G.
  8. dagwood

dagwood Banned

Oddometer:
    :huh

:tb

Damn Funk...If only I had the dosh I'd be all over some a that. the kids would love it.:cry

someone buy my bike... please?
  9. max.headroom

Oddometer:
    Wow .... yer kids play, I'm assuming? That's cool ..... :thumb

Somebody buy Dagwood's bike!!!! :lol3
  10. dagwood

dagwood Banned

Oddometer:
    :lol3

funny story.
    Reed 14, gets a hankerin for a guitar, (he's artistic like that). so two years ago we flip for a cheap fender and a fuax pigmy.

never even tries.:bluduh

Colton, 19 "full on jock" gets guitar hero. gets bored and goes and grabs Reeds guitar. dust off the cobwebs and tunes it by ear having never played anything before.:huh then proceeds to master ever song on GH on a real guitar.:bluduh

now Reed is taking Guitar in high school.:lol3 Pissed.

I'm actually looking for an acoustic guitar for Reed for school. But Colton would love that LP Hammer with the effects box.
  11. max.headroom

Oddometer:
    :lol3 that's great ........

Well .... this isn't going to be the last time I'm up terrorizing Direwolf and Direwife ..... so if anything, maybe something will come up and we can do bidness in the future ....... :beer
  12. dagwood

dagwood Banned

Oddometer:
    :thumb
  13. Heath

Heath Coke-The choice of Angels

Oddometer:
    The bike's in Boise, ID near the airport. Fly in and ride home! (of course, it's not street legal and doesn't have a headlight so you could only ride off road and during the daytime. It'd probably take a super long time to get it anywhere... probably not a good move on your part but it's an option I guess.)

Alright... I bought the bike from a friend earlier this year to supplement my XR650L. I planned to keep it as a "beater" dirt bike so I wouldn't trash the Honda on tight trails. Well, about two months after I got the DR350 the XRL took a dump down by the Nevada border (the countershaft stripped so I was looking at about a $1,000+ repair bill). I replaced the Honda with a DRZ400 which handles the trails about as well as the DR350 but it's street legal. Consequently the DR350 has been sitting in the garage since early April. I start it and run it about once a month to keep the carb clean. I've barely ridden the bike since I picked it up ~ I had it out at Pickle Butte twice, and spent three days at the Little Sahara dunes down in Utah. The previous owner used it as an early season trail clearing bike and didn't spend a whole lot of time riding it. There's the story... now the bike.

The good:
    -Professionally bored out to 435ccs. I don't know whether or not it's had head work done to it. The previous owner didn't remember. This thing does NOT pull like a 350. It felt like it had more power and torque than the XR650 Honda with a whole lot less weight.
    -Mikuni pumper carb
    -Front forks and triple off a '98 (I think) RM250 ~ dual valved inverted forks. IMO they're a touch too long for the bike so it's really raked out. It makes for awesome high-speed and sand manners but it might not turn as well as it could in the tight stuff.
    -The Previous owner said it'd had some work done to the back shock but didn't specify what exactly. It seems to be sprung for about a 160-170lb rider. I'm sure you could bump up thee preload or throw in a stiffer spring if you're a big guy like me ~ I'm sitting at about 245lbs so she's a little on the soft side
    -Just changed the oil and cleaned the carb and air filter about 4 miles ago.
    -It hasn't burned a drop of oil since I've had it but admittedly I haven't ridden it much.
    -Tires are at about 60%
    -3 spare filters

-Loud exhaust ~ could be good, could be bad.

The bad:
    -Kick start only.
    -This bike is just horribly ugly.
    -leaky petcock. I think. I just noticed this yesterday when I started it up... had some gas on my fingers when I turned the fuel on. I didn't really investigate.
    -leaky front brake caliper. I noticed this just before the sand dunes ride and didn't bother to fix it because I knew I wouldn't use the front brake in the sand.
    -Some sort of oil leak in the motor. There's a small pool right in front of the back tire. It's clean oil and not a blown shock. Actually, now that I think of it I may have over-oiled the air filter last time I serviced it. I'll check this out as a possibility when I get a chance.
    -Chain and sprockets are DONE. I've got a 14t front sprocket and I think a 47t back sprocket I'd throw it. Just needs a chain.
    -Seriously, the bike is amazingly ugly.
    -It can be a bear to kick over when cold. I think the compression is 12:1 and with that 435cc piston it takes a leg and a half to break it over when it's cold. I've kicked the steel caps off the toes of my MX boots and sprained an ankle with this thing. Once it's warmed up you can just use the compression release to roll it past TDC and it's no big deal.
    -The bike is not attractive. The plastic is all stained, the [yellow] paint is chipping off the frame, and the [purple and yellow] seat has some tears in it.

So, basically this bike's got an awesome motor and great plush suspension and it'd make an fantastic trail bike. It's easy to ride and hard to look at... It pulls harder than the 650 Honda did and will bring the front end up in 3rd with a little body english. It did awesome in the dunes other than not revving high enough to stay on top of the sand on the big climbs. You could fix all the bike's issues in a Saturday or just ride it as-is for a little while. I'd patch everything up but I've got two jobs and another bike to break a wrench on.

I'd like to get cash out of this, although I would consider trades for trials bikes. 250-500cc two strokes to build into a dune sled, or something else interesting (AR15? who knows. Just throw it up there).

PICS!

Here it is with the paddle ~ it's got a regular knob on it now
    [​IMG]

Dunes:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

A Kyle out at Pickle
    [​IMG]

The day I got it:
    [​IMG]

The carb (it's cleaner now):
    [​IMG]

Forks:
    [​IMG]

It's probably best to call with questions or to come look at it. Heath ~ 208-863-9425. E-mail works too but I don't have internet at home so it might be a while until I get back to you.

Also, I'm gonna be hunting on 11-29 and 11-30 and won't have cell coverage. you could text or leave me a message.

So, if you didn't know I ride pretty hard and I wasn't kind to the bike at the dunes... this thing is definately "as is." I haven't ridden it enough to know about any major problems.
  14. tedder

tedder irregular

Oddometer:
    FYYFF, removed the post.
  15. 4runner

4runner Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My father has a '73 CR125 Elsinore that he would like to trade for a small Dualsport to haul on his motorhome. It isn't currently running, the bike hasn't been fired in 20+ years and the piston doesn't want to move. Bike is in generaly good condition. Tank is good with no internal rust, wheels look great, frame solid. Needs side panels, $80 at vintage iron.

PM me for info
  16. dhally

dhally Hammerhead

Oddometer:
    Hey 4runner, they have a new chinese 200 cc supermoto CHEAP at Canyon Country Cycle. It looks cool and has a DR200 motor in it. DLink XF200.

Not sure if they would take the Elsinore in trade....
  17. dagwood

dagwood Banned

Oddometer:
    Ok... well things are up in the air again so...every time I have to bump this it goes up.:D

$2900.00

:fitz

next step is it hits CL for way more...:razor

Look...:lol3 people want a hell of allot more for a KLR:huh so I Figure this is a steal.:lol3
  18. dagwood

dagwood Banned

Oddometer:
    :lol3

:thumb

thanks mang.
  19. oregoncoast

oregoncoast Smells like Bacon

Oddometer:

So after reading this epic post, I am rewarded by not even finding out what the hell price he is asking for it :dog

Or did I miss it? :deal
  20. taco250

taco250 wannabe adventurer

Oddometer:
    +1

I thought the same thing yesterday when I read it but didn't want to say anything. It was the weekend after all.