KTM Talk

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by ThorRex, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Crazy_Dave

Crazy_Dave Back'in it in

Oddometer:
    Well I heard KTMtalk was a great site, but I refuse to pay for an email just to join. That may have change but:huh
  2. 666

666 Long timer

Oddometer:
    if you pay for internet your provider most likely will give you several emails.

KTMtalk is great for rfs and other single engines. Nothing for 950.
  3. el Pete

el Pete toda su base

Oddometer:
    Hey, can I type Hyde here without getting a warning? :D Yeah moderation is a little heavy handed and there's not much going on in the Big Boys forum, but that place is the best online source for 2T, RFS and RC4 info. They've got some top engine and suspension guys as regular participating members, and most everybody is helpful.
  4. Scott Baja

Scott Baja el semental anaranjado

Oddometer:
    Who likes shitheads?
  5. overlandr

overlandr Dystopist

Oddometer:
    AFAIAC, the biggest issue is they've currently locked out the google web crawlers. Poor move as far as being able to search through their data using google.
  6. MWadv

MWadv Gravel Road Roamer

Oddometer:
    Don't you just love those people like this guy who feels it his job to protect us. Weather we want it or not?
  7. dad2bike

dad2bike Retired! Cranky Old Fart

Oddometer:
    You appear to have a reading comprehension issue if that is what you took from my post.
    Cheers! :freaky
  8. barnyard

barnyard Verbal tactician Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    That used to be the only way to search it. When I joined, their '205', was 'did you do a search,' followed by an example of how to google that term on the board.

It is a shame that you cannot google search KTMtalk, as that really is the only way to get some of the best information. It used to amaze me the things I found when I was repairing my 98-250 exc. Frequently, someone not only documented the how-to, but included photos and special tools or substitute parts that worked better.
  9. barnyard

Oddometer:

What forum does not send out a validation email to join???
  10. barnyard

Oddometer:
    I know the guy that distributes Hyde in the US and was working on a project when that whole thing came up. It was interesting to hear his side and then see what was posted on the forum.

One moderator in particular "demanded" that Hyde answer to all the issues on the forum, instead of via email/phone with the actual customers. KTMtalk turned that molehill into a mountain. Very poorly handled by them.
  11. akarob

akarob Rob

Oddometer:
    Who pays extra for an email account? :huh
  12. Rock Junkee

Rock Junkee Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ITS NOT HARD TO SET UP A FREE EMAIL! EVEN A SECOND GRADE SCHOOL GIRL COULD DO IT, AND ALSO
    SEARCH KTM TALK. I AM SORRY IF YOU ARE TO DUMB TO FIGURE IT OUT!!!!

KTM TALK RULES!!!!!!:mulie
  13. Crazy_Dave

Crazy_Dave Back'in it in

Oddometer:
    Hey noob why dont you take the time to read the rules or I dont see you being around here long. Have you gone to KTMTALK? Oh wait you look pretty branded.
    NO yahoo /hotmail/gmail etc...........
    Looks more like a PITA then its worth. Between here and thumpertalk all bases are covered.
  14. crazybrit

crazybrit Defying any self identifying

Oddometer:
    I think the point the previous posters were making is that most people pay for an Internet service provider. Comcast, Hughes, Centurylink etc etc. Your ISP will normally assign you an e-mail, joe_smoe@comcast.net for example. Use that e-mail (rather than any gmail/hotmail ones) to sign up for ktmtalk.

Obviously above isn't 100% anymore, you could be reading at your library or over a 3G smartphone etc .... but generally it's still true.

Certainly ktmtalk is different than here, it has different values and is moderated differently. As with real life different situations require you conduct yourself in different ways.
  15. Tbone

Tbone off-ramp slayer

Oddometer:
    +1 !!!
  16. Crazy_Dave

Crazy_Dave Back'in it in

Oddometer:
    As you said (Most people) but not all, I must be the exception then.
    I stop by the site once to try and register after I got my 450EXC. It looked like it would be more of a hassle for me that it was worth.
  17. crazybrit

Oddometer:

Well, it's an incredible resource for those bikes. People like DJH and Travis (thumper racing) spend a lot of time in the RFS forum. I'm not sure if they frequent the equivalent forum at Thumpertalk.

Not a slam at Thumpertalk, I've never spent much time there. If you're getting all you need from TT and ADV then it's moot right?
  18. Crazy_Dave

Crazy_Dave Back'in it in

Oddometer:
  19. crazybrit

Oddometer:
    My understanding in cases such as the above is that if you e-mail Pat (admin@ktmtalk.com), explain the details, don't cop an attitude (not suggesting you did, but many do) he'll confirm you manually.

As far as free e-mail goes, I think gmail is pretty reliable, hotmail sucks badly and Yahoo is somewhere in the middle. I know if you start actually bouncing Pat will disable the account so I'd avoid trying to sign up using hotmail.com/live.com
  20. Crazy_Dave

Crazy_Dave Back'in it in

Oddometer:
    Well thank you for the info and ill give it a shot.
    Ill post updates as I go.

Email sent let so how it go's.

Update this is the message I got back when trying to write to (admin@ktmtalk.com),
    Technical details of permanent failure:
    Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error.