First rides, farkles and fixes: show off your bike here!

Discussion in 'Tejas and the Gulf States' started by Supahflid, Jul 31, 2011.

1. vfrgreg

vfrgreg Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  2. Trophy1298

Trophy1298 Vicarious Cowboy

Oddometer:
  3. RoyQ

RoyQ Long timer

Oddometer:
    Don't do anything but make the ride easier on the hands and the adjustability on the fly helps when the front brake begins to over heat and fade. Not much an issue on cutch side but stil nice to have. They also are less vulnerable in a crash.

Brake
    [​IMG]

Clutch
    [​IMG]
  4. Rob Dirt

Rob Dirt Riding my blues away

Oddometer:
    Tail light mod & rear fender extension.

[​IMG]

Fork protectors

[​IMG]

Radiator guards

[​IMG]

Other side

[​IMG]
  5. backwoodsKLR

backwoodsKLR Ride more, Post Less.

Oddometer:
    Which fork protectors? I have the Pilot3 taillight on order (I'm in the current batch) and hope to add the upper tt bars soon.:clap
  6. Rob Dirt

Oddometer:
    TT fork protectors.
  7. Supahflid

Supahflid Wheelieless Super Supporter

Oddometer:

She looks like she's prowling the jungle. Good looking bike there Rob Dirt!
  8. redleger

redleger Horrible Mechanic

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

My 96 DR350SE the day I bought it. Still ride it, doesn't look as pretty anymore!

[​IMG]

350 engine bored to a 450. really alot of power, which has gotten me into trouble.

I ride it like a street bike on the road, but at the ORV park I treat it like an RM450.
  9. backwoodsKLR

Oddometer:
    Do you have Jesse boxes for your Tiger (looking at racks)? AntiCyclone has been working on me to get those for my Tiger... They are having a sale right now and I am considering it.
  10. RoyQ

RoyQ Long timer

Oddometer:

Oh but those are aluminum, heavy, and will snap your leg like a twig off road:rofl
  11. backwoodsKLR

Oddometer:

They hug the bike close, have angled edges at the bottom so it's not as much of a sharp edge to snag a foot, and they don't look like someone screwed an aluminum ammo box to the side of a bike. And they are on sale. Most importantly, they are powered coated so I don't have happy aluminum dust on everything and don't look like ass on the side of a bike. :wink:
  12. Rob Dirt

Oddometer:
    Yes, I have the Jesse luggage. I only use them on multi-day trips. If I was going to buy them again, then I'd get the smaller size (9" I think). The more room you have, the more weight you stuff in there.
    The racks are stylish

[​IMG]

Thanks Supa
  13. RoyQ

RoyQ Long timer

Oddometer:
    And they fit like sh!t get ready to go to home depot and MAKE them work. And before all you that I have this I have that's chime in YES I've had Al Jesse's sh!t before on Two V-stroms. He has sorry ass service after the sale, locks that fall out held simply by epoxy, he is a bonifed smart ass and if that wasn't enough he is over hyped by the masses and way over priced. BTW while I'm on it his current racks look, well "shitty". And that angle will certainly help you not snap a leg :huh I've heard it all now. HT stuff is powder coated too, there again misinformed.

An about face you are and I honestly don't care what the hell you buy. I just know of the ones I have bought the HT stuff seemed the most well built bang for the buck. Maybe not the most stylish but I am not about that unlike some. Their service after the sale was outstanding. Can't/won't ever say anything good about Jesse junk.

If you are going to waste money you might as well go big or stay home with something pricey and worth having, Tourtech is your pannier not Jesse knock off want a bee's.
  14. RoyQ

RoyQ Long timer

Oddometer:
    You need your eyes checked ASAP.:huh

Want style look no further and the OEM Yamaha Super Tenere pannier racks that is if you can see them.
  15. tslaw

tslaw aged n00b

Oddometer:
    Roy,
    If you have any pull with HT, I would love to have their racks for my NC700X. So far only 2 people have requested them - they need 20.
    Tom
  16. Rob Dirt

Oddometer:
    Oh no! Now I got my feelings hurt. :cry:cry:cry

I better just put my Tiger up for sale & get me a couple of rice rockets. Maybe one day I'll be cool enough to own a Jap bike. I don't think I'll ever be able to get the attitude though. Seems like you never got beat-up as a child. Maybe you got ass raped instead. I can imagine that would make you quite bitter. I'm sorry about your butthole Roy. :cry
  17. vfrgreg

vfrgreg Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    At least his subframe won't bend or break with the Jesse mounts :wink
  18. backwoodsKLR

Oddometer:

Once again I have the urge to never post on ADV anymore since certain people are so pissed at the world and upset when they realize everyone doesn't want to be them.. Oh wait, maybe they haven't figured it out and that's the problem. Either way, see y'all later. Tired of the anger, rants and BS. Now I know why so many people tell me they quit posting on here. If Roy would ever learn to use his superpowers for good instead of bad and be able to express an opinion without being a pompous, angry little Elf, we might could all learn something from his vast knowledge and experience. Instead all we learn is how angry and bitter he is.

Y'all have a nice Friday.

WAIT, what am I saying. All I have to do is put Roy back on IGNORE list again.
  19. tslaw

tslaw aged n00b

Oddometer:
    That Tiger is a fine bike. Carabnsol's brother let me ride his. Perfect riding position and sweet motor, but I'm a cheap ass Jap bike guy - not a cool Jap bike guy.:lol3
  20. carabnsol

carabnsol should have been a cowboy

Oddometer:
    He's never let me ride it ... Now I'm mad!:kboom,,,,,,:rofl