Detroit Greetings

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by Bruno T ., Sep 2, 2008.

1. KTM640Dakar

KTM640Dakar Motorsick

Oddometer:
    I wonder what the Adv Riders are doing in Frederck?

I am chilling but I'd rather be riding. Schlebowitzzzz

[​IMG]
  2. bentmettle

bentmettle Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Meijer has them in hunting and fishing dept as well.

If you are planning on riding trails, which I assume you are, you will need both the ORV sticker, and the ORV trail sticker.
  3. atomicalex

atomicalex silly aluminium boxes Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Cool, thanks, all. This is for my 13YO, who will be confined for a while.
  4. .52089

.52089 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Out scouting routes today for next weekend. There's good elevation changes, lots of ponds and lakes to skirt, heavily curved dirt roads and ice cream involved. :lol3 No single track, all dirt/gravel roads with a smidgen of pavement tossed in to connect.

Red route is 52 miles to DQ, green route is 30 miles back to starting point.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Saw half a dozen turkeys, too many squirrels to count and a mess of chipmunks. No deer, but they're out here.
  5. Simple.

Simple. I'm Special

Oddometer:
    What happened to Frederic? We were looking for you, beer in hand.

Jon
  6. PCK_4xCustoms

PCK_4xCustoms lost

Oddometer:
    Anyone on m12 today? Saw a few dualsporters.
    DR, KLR, KTM, BMW

5 mile. Ridge rd, Michigan ave

Bueller?

I was on the lime green triumph tiger
  7. Dyno

Dyno Conquistador

Oddometer:

It looks like the dirt road path is covered for next weekend. Now all we need is a paved road route for the "no way I'm going down there" crowd. I suppose we could try to have the breakfast stop in common, then wander off?
  8. two trackin fool

two trackin fool Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'll be watching as soon as I can get out for a day ~ I will get out on one of these day rides ............ :shog
  9. .52089

.52089 Long timer

Oddometer:
    My wife calls me at work Friday afternoon with the story she's lost both keys to her car and she needs a ride home. Oh, and she won't have a car for the weekend because I'm taking the Focus up north. Sometimes, ya just gotta cut your losses and listen to the little voice in the back of your head. Needless to say, I was slightly peeved with her.

She still has no keys and I'm riding to work this morning while she takes my car to work. Her car is being towed to the dealer and new keys made today.
  10. huntertim214

huntertim214 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    well, I can't really compare with Bruno's picture there... :freaky

But I took my step son out to Bundy Hill this weekend. Me on the XRL and him on a TTR125LE that I picked up for him. I've been there many times on the atv's and the jeep, but this was a first on the bikes. We both got some good practice in the sand and mud. ;)
    [​IMG]
  11. Simple.

Simple. I'm Special

Oddometer:
    Bummer.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    :D

Jon
  12. Bruno T .

Bruno T . N8YQ

Oddometer:
    Great riding and hanging out at Frederic, weather was perfect.

Thanks to Jon for extracting my 690 from the grip of the beaver swamp, that was no joke :eek1

[​IMG]

118 miles on Sat and 80 on Sunday. Really nice mix of two-track, forest roads and single track (i added a little more of that :D).

[​IMG]

Ricardo is a badass. He hung in there and rode the entire loop, this was his first one with us. He wasn't even worried that we split his motor open at lunchtime.

[​IMG]

Thanks to Jeramey, Shannon and the crew for setting us up with another great ride !
  13. Joe's Dog

Joe's Dog whats next?

Oddometer:
    What a great first ride! The weather was perfect, the group was fantastic, who could ask for more? Thanks to Jeremey and crew for all their hard work for making this happen. Way cool trailers, Randy & Peter
  14. bigtrailie

bigtrailie Pursuing happiness

Oddometer:

wtf?!?!
  15. .52089

.52089 Long timer

Oddometer:
    It's a KTM. They all do that. :lol3
  16. bentmettle

bentmettle Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    anyone wandering up to Mio this coming weekend?

Very belatedly, I've finally checked my rear damper to find it's on the comfort setting.

I think "comfort" on a KTM means "just like sitting on a couch. A couch being drug with a rope through a cornfield"
  17. Dfrnt

Dfrnt Just pluggin' along

Oddometer:
    Theory is that a stick grabbed the wire coming out of the stator and caused the grommet to become mostly dislodged from the case, resulting in some oil loss. No biggie, just clean it up and put it back where it belonged. Not like we were completely rebuilding some front forks with a rock and a stick on the side of the road....
  18. mxconvert

mxconvert Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ricardo is a badass. He hung in there and rode the entire loop, this was his first one with us. He wasn't even worried that we split his motor open at lunchtime.

Hahaha. The badass honors should go to the little KTM. It took many miles of heavy sand while missing 1qt of oil...

Thanks for the help with the lunchtime repair !! And thank to all who had to wait...
  19. steve gs

steve gs Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Been out of touch for several years, looking to hook up with group again. Have a bike sale coming up this weekend (not sure which day) so I'm sort of stuck. Will watch posts for next ride.

I'm an eastsider out near Port Huron, anyone else out this way?

Since I am sort of new again; Sleazy rider I see you are on a DR. It was a DR350SE that caused me to sell my F650GSD, what a great bike the 350 is. Have the 350 and 250.

Here's a shot of my 250 on a past trip.

Attached Files:

20. SloMo228

SloMo228 World Class Cheapass

Oddometer:
    Hey, another DR rider. :clap