2013 lane sharing survey released by OTS

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by Surj, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Surj

Surj Deadwood Original

Oddometer:
    I've managed to get my grubby little paws on an early copy 2013 Lane Sharing study conducted by CA OTS - I've been hounding my OTS contact and am stoked to have this to share. Check out the summary or download the whole PDF here.

My summary is long, and the study itself is longer - but California riders and anyone interested in lane sharing read it. In summary, there aren't a lot of statistically significant changes in the data for 2013 - but as my contact at OTS says, "At the time of the survey (March/April 2013), there had been very little outreach to the public regarding the Lane Splitting General Guidelines, which had just been posted on CHP’s website on January 14, 2013, OTS’ website on January 30 and DMV’s website on March 8th. We hope to see more positive change when the survey is conducted again next Spring."

Interestingly, OTS is using "lane sharing" while the CHP uses "lane splitting." :laughing

Anyway, check it out and please share, share, share!
  2. K. L. Rocket

K. L. Rocket Big bouncy make big happy

Oddometer:
    Thanks, Surj. Good job! :clap

Please hound the Berkeley Safety Study folks now. :lol3

3. Surj

Surj Deadwood Original

Oddometer:
    I'm trying! Last I heard was the data collection ends July 31st and the study will be released in the fall.