Hillbilly dual soort tour 2015

Discussion in 'Tejas and the Gulf States' started by hempster, Jan 13, 2015.

1. hempster

hempster Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Anyone that would be so kind as to point out some good routes east from the hub toward the Buffalo river state park, that would be a very big help. Also toward the south east of Mt Judea. routes of about 175 miles work best. Big bike friendly is preferred, But a few like the harder stuff so that would be good also. PM me and I will contact you to see about a transfer of your data. or call 785 331 577nine.

I have a route planned to go south west to oark, nail, pelsor. Mt judea and back to the hub and will try to get tracks out soon.

This will be a family, girl friend/wife friendly event. It is a dry county, so if you want beer or whatever you need , plan ahead. Please be respectful at the campfire until later in the evening when the crowd thins out. I'm not trying to say you can't partake in whatever you want just do it in a way as not to offend anyone.

Thanks Uncle Dave:ear
  2. jowannab

jowannab Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Seig sounds GREAT havent seen LEO in a coons age..Me & the g-boys r looking forward to it.....
  3. tri650

tri650 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    How much dirt/gravel vs. pavement? I have a wr450f that is street legal but not sure it (or me!) could handle a lot of pavement.
  4. jowannab

Oddometer:
    Hey TRI 650 u need to plan a ride down my way for a turn up,,,:clap coy
  5. advmgm

advmgm Long timer

Oddometer:
    It may be a dry county but less than two miles north of The Hub on hw 7 is a nearly new fully stocked liquor store just over the line in Boone county.
  6. advmgm

advmgm Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have two GPS routes that go from right out of The Hub parking lot. Both are about 160 mile loops out and back. One is an East loop and other is a West loop. Both are big bike friendly and have great mixture of riding and scenery in them.
    I live 30 miles north of the Hub and ride that area all the time.
  7. simmons1

simmons1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    But you are going to ride the Arkansas 500 instead correct?
  8. hempster

hempster Adventurer

Oddometer:
    All tracts/routes are welcome. We will split into groups and follow the leader. Depending on who your leader is will make a difference on how much asphalt there will be. This ride is geared for Klr, dr, & big bikes of all kinds. There will probably be a group of mostly dirt guys that stay off pavement, but even they have to do some asphalt to get to the next trail.

So far we have 5 routes, but I have not seen 4 of them yet. I'm still hoping some local riders will lead us to the good stuff.

if you plan on doing a lunch stop in Oark Friday is a good day to do that . Sat. the place is Harley heaven and you will waste time waiting for food. Catalpa has a nice very small greasy spoon 3 miles to the East.

Practice up on Hillbilly slang and yodeling. it would be great if we could do a talk like a hillbilly day. Y'all be careful now, ya hear, Uncle Dave
  9. jowannab

Oddometer:
    Just made my reservation at the HUD at least 4 MO Hillbillys will there,,,,,come on SPRING!!!!!!!!!!
  10. advmgm

advmgm Long timer

Oddometer:
    Probably. But I will still share the routes with you guys.
  11. gmsnowball

gmsnowball Black Bear Pass

Oddometer:
    Oklahoma Some Where, just east of spoobooty
    What.......:huh...the dog was the hit of the ride.

Endo is usually on scene to provide crash lessons for all.

RDJ, I'm sure more Okies will be in attendance.

Uncle Dave, don't be making fun of pink as I have evidence you are a charter member of Team Pink..:rofl

[​IMG]

After you professed to being a charter member of Team Pink the management of the restaurant posted this sign after you entered the men's room ...:lol3

[​IMG]
  12. tri650

tri650 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Coy - I know I need to get off my fat rear end and get the WR down in your area for a ride. I told myself that this year there will be no excuses for not riding. Even my wife wants me to get out more often - maybe I should check the security camera's to make sure she does not have another motive for getting me out of the house.

I'll stay in touch and the next nice weekend let's plan a ride.
  13. hempster

hempster Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Riders from Texas, Kansas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Tennessee, And Missouri are coming so far. Hope to have good weather and conditions. Any advice on routes are welcome.

Uncle Dave
  14. on2wheels52

on2wheels52 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Made my reservation at the Hub, still plenty of rooms available
    Jim
  15. jowannab

Oddometer:
    All i can say is... Come on Spring,,,AND Hillbilly UP!!!!:clap:clap:clap
  16. Ed M

Ed M Collector of RFIDs

Oddometer:
    Coy PM sent.

Looks like a fun ride, I take it Thursday is mainly a meet and greet with Friday and Saturday being the main riding days?? Trying to figure out how much time to take off work, necessary sleep/drive time adjustments etc.
  17. hempster

hempster Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ed you are sorta right . I try to get there to have a half day ride on Thursday. Often 20 to 25 show up for a Thursday ride. Most people show up Thursday eve and the main rides are Fri, and Sat. Uncle Dave
  18. arkie1

arkie1 n00b

Oddometer:
    Well as usual I'm the last one in but I just contacted the Little Rock Loonies and were trying to make the Fun Run again. I'll get a head count and get back. Come on Spring! Arkie 1:clap
  19. advmgm

advmgm Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have a couple of routes - who can host them?
  20. Ed M

Ed M Collector of RFIDs

Oddometer:
    Woohoo just got my room reserved at the Hub, definitely looking forward to this ride