Sierra Nevada Foothill Rides - San Andreas to Oakhurst

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by Odin69, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Odin69

Odin69 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I went ahead and started a new thread which carries over from the "New guy in the Sierra foothills thread". From what I can gather, most of us are in Stanislaus, Merced, Toulumne, and Mariposa counties. If others want to participate, feel free to join in? I am open to riding other areas aswell, if someone knows of some good spots?

Later, Jason.
  2. Memnok

Memnok Fly high, go far.

Oddometer:
    Subscribed.
  3. ADVMindset

ADVMindset Americana Adventurer

Oddometer:
    New to the area rider subscribed....:clap

Now, may I ask what are your boundries going to be towards the east ?
    Being new to the area, I'm doing as much riding/exploring as I can get away with !

This was a ride I went on yesterday, we were planning to try and go this route Saturday in the Jeep but with the feedback I received I thought I'd scout it out ahead of time and glad I did !
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=593008

Neat area but, finding the same thing I have on other rides...trail markers either missing or destroyed...:cry Even with a F.S. map it is tough to tell sometimes which rode is which.
    Looking forward to many more trips such as this. If any of You locals can get away throughout the week for a ride, P.M. Me
  4. cooter69

cooter69 Smells Bad

Oddometer:
    Good to see folks out there
    I live in Yosemite would like to hook up for some rides sometime......
  5. Mr B

Mr B Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I hope we can organize some rides this summer/fall.....Any final decisions on July3rd? anyone Game!!!!
  6. Lasherman

Lasherman Ah Sh!t!

Oddometer:
    I think my brother (Memnok) and I are going to ride that day either way....If people want to come join us cool. He is the one with the GPS and tracks So I'll follow where he plans to ride.
  7. wrk2surf

wrk2surf on the gas or brakes

Oddometer:
    THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
    forresta??
  8. LookOutLinn

LookOutLinn Strom Trooper

Oddometer:
    Hello all.

Looks like most of you are riding more dirt friendly bikes than what I've got (V-Strom 650), but I think I'm gonna have to stretch my Wees capabilities a little so I can join you all on a ride or two. All those dirt and gravel roads are just way to inviting.
  9. kfcz400

kfcz400 dirt track maniac

Oddometer:
    i wanna ride.......
  10. SmileAndFollow

SmileAndFollow KLRn00b

Oddometer:
    Subscribed. ADVMindset sorry I missed the ride, too bad you couldn't make it all the way through. On my way back from Rubicon my brother was talking about that same route and how they might take the rock crawlers out there to play in some snow. It looks like it could be fun.
  11. Mr B

Oddometer:
    90% Would like to tag along, got a big bike F800gs if that would suit your plans...Looking for some new "cool" rides.
  12. Lasherman

Lasherman Ah Sh!t!

Oddometer:
    Ya, most of what we do is the forrest roads, but if we see a trail going off the main track we like to explore and see where they go, Sometimes they are nice, sometime not...
  13. cooter69

cooter69 Smells Bad

Oddometer:
    Nope Yosemite Valley
  14. Odin69

Odin69 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm ready. Where do you guys want to meet and what area do you want to ride?

Jason.
  15. ADVMindset

ADVMindset Americana Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ok, hopefully We can get everyone interested in putting together a ride for this coming Sat. July 3rd to chime in here from the other Sierra page and the newly interested Inmates from here !

I've noticed some suggestions on where to go, etc. but the only thing I think that was agreed on was meeting at the Harley dealer in Jamestown...
    So, I think We have enough time to pull it together and make some plans.

Lets get a serious roll call going on Who's In ! :evil

And decide where We are going !
  16. Lasherman

Lasherman Ah Sh!t!

Oddometer:
    James Town HD sounds good to me, but I'm gonna rely on my brother since he has more tracks than I. I think higher up may be good too to get out of the heat.
  17. Odin69

Odin69 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What time do you guys want to meet, and any ideas on riding routes?
  18. Mr B

Oddometer:
    Jamestown HD is a go, as far as routes go, isnt there a bunch of riding up around Twain Harte, anyone familiar with the area, I got a gps but it has been my experience around here that what Delorme calls "roads/trails" and what I call "roads/trails" are two entirely different things.(lots of gates in CA) ..but maybe someone in the area knows something up Sonora pass way, that might be cooler and yet not still snowed in...How about 9:00am sat?
  19. Odin69

Odin69 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    There are some dirt roads up there, but I am not that familiar with them. It has been awhile since I have been up there. I don't mind exploring. I think there may be some areas to stay away from because of tweakers?

Hey Mr. B, did you want to meet in Snelling to ride up to Jamestown HD?
  20. sloth!

sloth! Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    most of the tweekers in tuolumne county wont mess with you if are not alone, even then it is rare. It is much more likely to have them steal your bike while you are taking a piss.

There are plenty of dirt roads but i think the best for your group would be italian bar rd from columbia to twain harte. All dirt road.